Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man smashed Mercedes S63 AMG after it keeps stalling .

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-15, 11:19 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
All the new mercedes models have that feature including amg models they also won't allow people to turn it off by default so it can get annoying if you don't want that feature on everytime.
THAT was the most annoying feature of the C300 that I had on loan. It needs to be smoothed out considerably. The engine constantly shutting off & starting up at every stop sign/light will get on your nerves. Not to mention the wear & tear that will take place on the starter (?) and engine.

I can understand this guys frustration. If you had a family and wanted a car that was reliable. I will say this for Mercedes they do have EXCELLENT service and have been extremely good to us. Don't know if that dealership offered a loaner or not till the issue got resolved but they failed in my opinion if it got to that point.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-14-15 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-14-15, 11:32 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
gah, he really showed MB, destroying his own property

That was painful to watch, I would take a stalling S63 any day
There is a difference between getting a stalling S63 for free, and paying $150k of your own money for a stalling S63.
Old 09-15-15, 01:36 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

It is in Korea BTW and I agree with mmarshall, the guy is a looney and should not be behind the wheel of a car.

All the new mercedes models have that feature including amg models they also won't allow people to turn it off by default so it can get annoying if you don't want that feature on everytime.
I can turn mine off fine. I just have to press a button every time I get in.

Last edited by Dave600hL; 09-15-15 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-15-15, 07:51 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

there's only a couple scenarios:
1. engine auto stop kicks in at a red light, moron thinks it stalled tried to restart but it won't.
2. he couldn't afford to pay for the lease anymore so he be trying anything to get out of it including smashing the car.
3. he mod it with cheap stuff and now it it's a pos.
All your scenarios are unlikely for this case

1. The issue has already to dealer attention and that's unlikely to be the case.
2. In China? lease don't exist for expensive car. They are all cash deal. Even if he finance it, he will still need to make payment.
3. They might have cheap mod on a civic / corolla, but not a S63 AMG. Someone that afford this in China will only hire upscale licensed European tunner if they decide to mod it.
Old 09-15-15, 07:58 AM
grabber2
Racer

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
THAT was the most annoying feature of the C300 that I had on loan. It needs to be smoothed out considerably. The engine constantly shutting off & starting up at every stop sign/light will get on your nerves. Not to mention the wear & tear that will take place on the starter (?) and engine.
I actually like the feature. Its nice ans quiet when the engine is off during stop light on the RX400h. Actually, the engine in rx400h shut off when ever I lift the gas pedal and the sound of electric motor kick in...
Old 09-15-15, 09:15 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
I actually like the feature. Its nice ans quiet when the engine is off during stop light on the RX400h. Actually, the engine in rx400h shut off when ever I lift the gas pedal and the sound of electric motor kick in...
The feeling of a Lexus full hybrid like the 400h shutting its engine down vs a mild hybrid like the merc shutting its engine down are two extremely different feelings. On the merc the car will vibrate/shake when the engine shuts down and starts off. And the shift from electric to ICE is never smooth. Add to the fact that some of the higher powered ones will make that engine starting noise every time you lift your pedal off the brake.

Imagine this scenario. You are in a queue with a stop and go traffic. Everytime you lif your feet off the brake, the engine kicks in, goes off after 5 feet when you stopped, starts again after 5 seconds when the traffic snails. Repeat this a few dozen times, and tell me if it doesn't drive you crazy.

I drive a CT200h and my carpool partner drives a merc mild hybrid. So I feel the difference every day. I can only sympathize the guys that do this on their Porsche's on a daily basis. You know how a Lexus hybrid feels. I can tell you, that irrespective of the engine start noise from Lexus, which itself is also less, the vibration is much much subdued over the offerings from BMW and Mercedes.

Last edited by LoveCT; 09-15-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-15-15, 10:17 AM
sears1234
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This has nothing to do with the Mercedes, this is the typical rich people in China. I know it because I came from China.

They think they own the whole world, if anything doesn't go their way, they raise the anger and try to do something very radical.

They can destroy Lexus also BTW.
Old 09-15-15, 10:38 AM
LoveCT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sears1234

Really? Sure anyone can slash/smash/burn anything, but I am interested in seeing a video of a peeved Lexus owner hurling a similar abuse to his/her car.
Old 09-15-15, 10:58 AM
grabber2
Racer

Originally Posted by LoveCT
The feeling of a Lexus full hybrid like the 400h shutting its engine down vs a mild hybrid like the merc shutting its engine down are two extremely different feelings. On the merc the car will vibrate/shake when the engine shuts down and starts off. And the shift from electric to ICE is never smooth. Add to the fact that some of the higher powered ones will make that engine starting noise every time you lift your pedal off the brake.

Imagine this scenario. You are in a queue with a stop and go traffic. Everytime you lif your feet off the brake, the engine kicks in, goes off after 5 feet when you stopped, starts again after 5 seconds when the traffic snails. Repeat this a few dozen times, and tell me if it doesn't drive you crazy.

I drive a CT200h and my carpool partner drives a merc mild hybrid. So I feel the difference every day. I can only sympathize the guys that do this on their Porsche's on a daily basis. You know how a Lexus hybrid feels. I can tell you, that irrespective of the engine start noise from Lexus, which itself is also less, the vibration is much much subdued over the offerings from BMW and Mercedes.
Only that I expect the new Merc S-Class engine to be extremely refine that you wouldn't notice the engine turn on/off.

I love the sound of the rx400h when its rolling with engine off and charging the battery at the same time
Old 09-15-15, 11:57 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LoveCT

This^^^… +10000000000 stop & go in L.A traffic.
Didn't think about that scenario. I'd MUCH more prefer an all electric hybrid that SILENTLY crawls through traffic and kicks on when hitting x mph.
Old 09-15-15, 12:57 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

This is not an isolated issue, people are reporting from all over the world that their brand new AMG S63 sedan and coupe are stalling in the middle of traffic. See my post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post9184253
Old 09-15-15, 02:19 PM
grabber2
Racer

Originally Posted by BNR34
This is not an isolated issue, people are reporting from all over the world that their brand new AMG S63 sedan and coupe are stalling in the middle of traffic. See my post here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post9184253
Compare to other owner's reaction, this Asian guy is too extreme. I wonder what happen when he got rejected by girl....
Old 09-15-15, 03:40 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sears1234
This has nothing to do with the Mercedes, this is the typical rich people in China. I know it because I came from China.

They think they own the whole world, if anything doesn't go their way, they raise the anger and try to do something very radical.

Dude, this is not even in China. This is in Korea. You can tell by the store signs.
Old 09-15-15, 05:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
There is a difference between getting a stalling S63 for free, and paying $150k of your own money for a stalling S63.
Oh definitely, I was implying that I would be willing to accept it if he was going to total it anyways
Old 09-15-15, 06:32 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
gah, he really showed MB, destroying his own property

That was painful to watch, I would take a stalling S63 any day
One you actually have to pay for , or one you just "take" ?

Quick Reply: Man smashed Mercedes S63 AMG after it keeps stalling .