Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is This the Lexus Pick-up Truck No One's Been Waiting for?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-15, 10:39 AM
Cartoon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other way is to go off reservation and make a true off road unit , a tough truck ...lift 4x4 bumpers the works at a price that's not out of touch ..........just a thought?
Old 09-08-15, 10:30 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Should've started off with an LX and chop off everything else behind the driver and front passenger seat.
Old 09-10-15, 09:41 AM
Jeremy-KY
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldn't it be more interesting to have say... an IS / RC "ute", Someone should render an IS-F or RC-F front end with a pickup back to make an Australian Style Ute. I think that would be more Fun
Old 09-16-15, 11:11 AM
Jjluebke
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tacoma maybe

I own a 2014 Tacoma Limited, full 4 doors- 4x4 purchased new in May 2015 and now has 10,000 miles. If the Lexus pickup is a modified appearance of a Tacoma, the Toyota/Lexus mfg needs to step up to plate, before introducing basically the same pickup with the following suggestions: in a fairly strong side wind, the wind howls in the doors. I have asked a few times and the dealer says Toyota hasn't come up with a fix. I purchased the Limited because we wanted leather heated and cool air depending on season. It only comes with heated seats. The following options are not included or offered: Power seats driver or passenger, comfort control, dual heat- ac controls, parking sensors, no lock available on bed, side car passing sensors, radar controlled space between front car, thermometer and probably a couple other missing. The front end is very stiff and gives a hard ride.

My wife is always looking to see what the outside temperature is and no thermometer. Power seats you would think is an automatic??

I own a 2013 Lexus ES350 for vehicle, besides the Tundra pickup.

Needless to say we are disappointed in the Tundra and especially when Toyota don't make a serious attempt to repair the side wind noise howl - very annoying. I imagine as long as it is not a safety issue, just forget about it, is probably their policy?
Old 09-16-15, 11:23 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

^^^ I never had the wind howling issues with mine, but note that many of the items you list as missing on the '15 have been remedied for the 2016 redesign.
Old 09-16-15, 11:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I will put a little different of a spin,
Neither of us are really spinning this...they are both valid opinions.

the Lincoln Mark T (can't remember the name) was a total rebadge.
True....probably even more so than with the GM trucks. That's one reason why the Mark LT (I'll refresh your memory on the name) didn't sell. For that kind of money, one can get an F-150 King Ranch, which is arguably the most luxurious and plushest pickup Ford makes....though the special Harley-Davidson Edition came close.

The Lincoln LT did, however, meet with more success in Mexico than here in the States, but even there it never was a best-seller.

And the Escalade was not really a truck, it was a Suburban with a bed.
The Suburban itself is a people-moving version of the Silverado full-size pickup. And, the now-discontinued Escalade EXT (the version with the bed that you are referring to) was not a Suburban but a redone Chevy Avalanche...itself derived from the Silverado.

These days, some of these 2500-3500 trucks are North of $70K. So there is a market for high end trucks. We have them now.
2500/3500 series trucks, though, are designed to carry very heavy loads, so much of that added cost is not for luxury-grade interior plushness, but for added beefiness in the brakes, wheels/tires, chassis/frame, suspension, drivetrain, and in some cases, diesel engines.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-16-15 at 11:32 AM.