Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What is the deal with the new LX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-15, 05:46 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
now at least you have the LX in japan now. i wish they have alphard or vellfire here
I agree completely, those two cars would do very well in the States for sure.
Old 10-05-15, 04:12 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Well, yesterday Lexus calls to tell me that they have a demo car. Went and had a look and I have to say I was very impressed with the interior. The seats are more comfortable than the S-class and the Mark Levinson entertainment package is really good. Sound is great with tons of base. I was not able to test drive it, they said they were giving me a call when they start the test drives.
Old 10-05-15, 07:02 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Well, yesterday Lexus calls to tell me that they have a demo car. Went and had a look and I have to say I was very impressed with the interior. The seats are more comfortable than the S-class and the Mark Levinson entertainment package is really good. Sound is great with tons of base. I was not able to test drive it, they said they were giving me a call when they start the test drives.
sounds great, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-05-15, 12:08 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Curious as to how the LX drives with the 8 speed vs. the venerable 6 speed that has been paired with the 5.7 for ages.
Old 10-05-15, 12:20 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
Supercharged LX was only a limited run of 200 or so vehicles and was released around April 2014 and only lasted the duration of MY2014 so it has been out of production for over a year now. Only MY2014, no MY2015 supercharged LX have been made. It is a TRD supercharger as well and the whole TRD program has not been discontinued. As i said though you can probably still find a kit and if you end up needing any spare parts anytime in the next 10 years, you're good.
For some reason, the factory supercharged LX makes much less power than the supercharged Tundra or an LX with the Tundra kit. However, making the Tundra kit work on an LX isn't foolproof. The main problem is tuning: the most reliable tuning method is the Toyota factory ecu flash (which is no longer offered for any Toyota after MY 2015) vs going aftermarket, i.e. Unichip, which often yields inconsistent AFRs.

Anyways, there are only a handful of 5.7 superchargers left out there!
Old 10-05-15, 03:02 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
For some reason, the factory supercharged LX makes much less power than the supercharged Tundra or an LX with the Tundra kit. However, making the Tundra kit work on an LX isn't foolproof. The main problem is tuning: the most reliable tuning method is the Toyota factory ecu flash (which is no longer offered for any Toyota after MY 2015) vs going aftermarket, i.e. Unichip, which often yields inconsistent AFRs.

Anyways, there are only a handful of 5.7 superchargers left out there!
How much different in power? My guess is that the full 4WD has something to do with it.
Old 10-05-15, 04:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

what's your take of the exterior?
Old 10-05-15, 09:00 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

what's your take of the exterior?
I like the front and rear, the front being a lot more menacing than the Land Cruiser and the rear I like the lights better than the LC. I don't mind the spindle grill on a car this big. One thing I was rather disappointed with was the fact that there is no automatic door close when you don't shut the properly.

The demo car was white and looked OK. I ordered a gold sort of color, I don't what the English name of it is???

Over all I liked what I saw and the I liked the way the blinkers are too.
Old 10-06-15, 05:59 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

i wish they have alphard or vellfire here
it would make me queasy seeing this grill in my rear view mirror.

Old 10-06-15, 12:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

I like the front and rear, the front being a lot more menacing than the Land Cruiser and the rear I like the lights better than the LC. I don't mind the spindle grill on a car this big. One thing I was rather disappointed with was the fact that there is no automatic door close when you don't shut the properly.

The demo car was white and looked OK. I ordered a gold sort of color, I don't what the English name of it is???

Over all I liked what I saw and the I liked the way the blinkers are too.
ah the gold color is rare. too bad your car is going to be RHD, the gold color has the highest resale value simply because of the extreme demand in middle east area

so they still don't have auto door closure? that's odd... but at least they finally put BSM after an eternity!

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yup, grille is a big problem, as are most toyota / lexus today just like the lx. very few toyota / lexus can get me to look past the grille, alphard and lx being two of them
Old 10-06-15, 12:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

i wish they sold that here...
Old 10-06-15, 03:16 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

The all new Lexus BE350- baby eater.
Old 10-06-15, 03:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Looks to me like a large guillotine came down and took off about two feet of the nose.
Old 10-06-15, 09:07 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Looks to me like a large guillotine came down and took off about two feet of the nose.
That's funny!
Old 10-06-15, 11:13 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
How much different in power? My guess is that the full 4WD has something to do with it.
Tundra is 4WD as well. LX570 supercharged is rated at 450 hp, TRD supercharged Tundra is rated at 504 hp/550 tq with full factory warranty.

More power on top of that is cheap and easy as well. Headers, exhaust, pulley and Bullydog tuner = 550 hp to the wheels.

Quick Reply: What is the deal with the new LX?