Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Lexus LX

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-15, 05:06 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

How much does the G-wagon start at vs the LX in the Gulf?
Old 08-15-15, 07:05 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
G doesnt sell anywhere close to those numbers, it is nowhere in the same league.... it is never listed in the top lists in sales in those countries... so while G is cool and gets nice press, in reality, thats not reflected in sales... on the other hand, if we look at sales stats for gulf countries, LC and LX are very popular there, basically like Camry is in USA.

So when it comes to sales, G isnt dojng anything similar to LX numbers. It is really a niche model where LX now outsells LS worldwide.
That comment was in regards to someone saying direct injection motor wouldn't be best where gas is bad in gulf states. I mentioned the AMG's because they're doing just fine. Go read up a few posts, it's obvious the LX is sold in much bigger numbers. The Mercedes plant doesn't even have the capacity to pump as many G's as the LX sells.
Old 08-15-15, 08:57 PM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The interior of this update is great, and it is nice that they have added all the modern safety features. The exterior is growing on me a bit, especially on the white car that they have as one of their press shots.
Old 08-16-15, 02:15 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
That comment was in regards to someone saying direct injection motor wouldn't be best where gas is bad in gulf states. I mentioned the AMG's because they're doing just fine. Go read up a few posts, it's obvious the LX is sold in much bigger numbers. The Mercedes plant doesn't even have the capacity to pump as many G's as the LX sells.
they probably sell handful of them per month, not sure hows that fine or how it relates to LX at all, which is top seller vehicle.

There are plenty of other vehicles to buy in gulf that have direct injection and actually sell but are not supposed to do same things as LC and LX are.
Old 08-16-15, 03:09 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 400HP 5.6 Nissan Patrol has direct injection and it is a direct rival to the 5.7 200 series
Old 08-16-15, 06:51 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
The 400HP 5.6 Nissan Patrol has direct injection and it is a direct rival to the 5.7 200 series
And, in my opinion, having 17 more HP does not justify all the complexity and potential hassles of DI. I'd rather have 5.7L without it.
Old 08-16-15, 07:40 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadro
And, in my opinion, having 17 more HP does not justify all the complexity and potential hassles of DI. I'd rather have 5.7L without it.
Gulf States and most worldwide locations offer the Lexus LX with a 362hp detuned version of the 5.7 GR.
Old 08-16-15, 07:55 AM
malba2366
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anyone know why there is such a large drop in cargo volume between the current model and redesigned one?

https://lexusenthusiast.com/images/w...oduct-info.pdf
Old 08-16-15, 07:55 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
they probably sell handful of them per month, not sure hows that fine or how it relates to LX at all, which is top seller vehicle.

There are plenty of other vehicles to buy in gulf that have direct injection and actually sell but are not supposed to do same things as LC and LX are.
The point is simple. Someone says DI wouldn't be good in that market, I mention a vehicle with a similar purpose that does have DI and has been existing without problems. I mentioned the sales aspect to emphasize that the car isn't insignificant over there and problems would've shown up by now if DI really wasn't suited for that market. You may notice you're the only one that has responded recently that seems to be having an issue understanding.

I could of used the Nissan Patrol as a [better] example instead, as UZJ100GXR pointed out.

Last edited by TangoRed; 08-16-15 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-16-15, 08:10 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by malba2366
Does anyone know why there is such a large drop in cargo volume between the current model and redesigned one?

The cargo volume should be the same. The LX had low cargo volume to begin. But it should not change with this redesign. Only thing is perhaps the second row seats do not fold down or move up?
Old 08-17-15, 08:49 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

It's a shame they couldn't do something with the third row seats, either stick them in the floor like the GX or have them manual so you can take them out if you wanted to.
Old 08-17-15, 01:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
It's a shame they couldn't do something with the third row seats, either stick them in the floor like the GX or have them manual so you can take them out if you wanted to.
you can still remove them. there is even a thread in the LX forum on how to remove the 3rd row
Old 08-17-15, 02:04 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you can still remove them. there is even a thread in the LX forum on how to remove the 3rd row
Yeah I have seen that thread. I was just hoping for something quick and easy like the old manual third row seats in the GX which took all of a few minutes to remove or put in or like the new GX that has powered seats that fold into the floor although I know that would raise the cargo floor higher.
Old 08-17-15, 02:11 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by patgilm
It is quite a shame that the 3rd row of the LX is what it is. At least Lexus could make it so that the seats are easily removed. But that is not the case. While I like the rear clamshell hatch, a regular hatch like the Toyota Sequoia is what they be offering.
Old 08-17-15, 04:00 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366

Malba, I don't know for sure... but I think Lexus is now measuring cargo volume in the SUV's as below the window line, no higher than the seatback, or something to that effect. This may be why the 2016 show 45.0 vs 83.1 in the current 2015. Has to do with different versions of the SAE methodology updates. NX I believe only measures area below the semi-hard tonneau cover that it has.

Quick article on variations in methodology.

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/0...tch-the-truth/

Quick Reply: 2016 Lexus LX