Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lincoln MKX now available

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-15, 07:00 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Lincoln MKX now available

The new Lincoln MKX is just hitting the showrooms. It is really nice looking, sort of a larger MKC. The interior is beautiful, particurlalry the the Terra Cotta. The 2.7 Ecoboost is a monster. Great acceleration ! It's about the size of the RX, but without the hideous styling. This may be my next car.
Steve
Old 08-06-15, 07:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by oldcajun
The new Lincoln MKX is just hitting the showrooms. It is really nice looking, sort of a larger MKC. The interior is beautiful, particurlalry the the Terra Cotta. The 2.7 Ecoboost is a monster. Great acceleration ! It's about the size of the RX, but without the hideous styling. This may be my next car.
Steve
Thanks. I plan to look at it myself. I was quite impressed with the MKC.
Old 08-06-15, 07:20 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I saw the MKX at the Chicago Auto Show and really liked the look of it both inside and out. I hope it does well for the division.
Old 08-06-15, 07:33 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

From looking at the specs, pics of the interiors and exterior, I would take this over the 2016 RX
Old 08-06-15, 07:55 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice looking vehicle. Especially like the chrome satin trim on the door panels that leads into the speakers. Nice touch!
Old 08-06-15, 08:49 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Ford's starting to hit their stride with their EcoBoost line-up. Hearing good things about the 2.7L V6. Excited to see how the 3.0L V6 EcoBoost performs in the upcoming Continental / Future Lincoln models
Old 08-07-15, 12:58 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was bowled over when I saw the interior of the new Old/Lincoln. Beautiful.
Old 08-07-15, 01:11 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Ford's starting to hit their stride with their EcoBoost line-up. Hearing good things about the 2.7L V6. Excited to see how the 3.0L V6 EcoBoost performs in the upcoming Continental / Future Lincoln models

I agree with you, and Ford is finally nailing down the front end grille of their brand. I like the Navigator looks, the MKC, MKX and the MKS. In contrast the new pics of the 2016, I sometimes think if my eyes are really seeing what Lexus is about to release.

I am also starting to warm up to the PRNDL selectors, I would rather have a small dial but I guess the buttons will work.

I also have to give them credit for the turbo charged engines, they have nailed the engines, however the MPG might be a little lower than required.

Color me impressed, I really like the MKX, on looks and style alone, I would give it the win over the RX.

And kudos to Lincoln for getting it to market before Lexus.

BTW, anyone notice there are no reviews but the car has been released?
Old 08-07-15, 01:19 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricknee
I'm excited to see how the Continental does:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-show...k-and-details/
Thanks for the link. I've always had a soft spot for Lincoln. Especially the BIG long versions like the Continentals. But what impressed me was
"They're heated, cooled, massaging, and 30-way adjustable, with independent movements for the side bolsters, shoulders, and each thigh."

Man I wish Lexus could do this. Bolsters that adjust? Especially needed in f sports as not everybody has the same width be it your big or a weight lifter with big lats. I have fairly big cycling legs and to be able to adjust the bolsters for the thighs would be SWEEEEEEEET.

Last edited by rxonmymind; 08-08-15 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-07-15, 11:58 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I agree with you, and Ford is finally nailing down the front end grille of their brand. I like the Navigator looks, the MKC, MKX and the MKS. In contrast the new pics of the 2016, I sometimes think if my eyes are really seeing what Lexus is about to release.

I am also starting to warm up to the PRNDL selectors, I would rather have a small dial but I guess the buttons will work.

I also have to give them credit for the turbo charged engines, they have nailed the engines, however the MPG might be a little lower than required.

Color me impressed, I really like the MKX, on looks and style alone, I would give it the win over the RX.

Seems to finally be coming together (about time )

Agreed, nice to see them on-board with the market shift towards FI. Granted the mpg claim may be more of a smoke screen, but performance speaks for itself. A smooth/refined and strong pulling engine is a key aspect of 'Luxury'.

Without all the 'excess', Ford really can concentrate on the mainstream Ford brand as well as finally differentiating Lincoln from the upscale watered-down products we've known up until recently.

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Thanks for the link. I've always had a soft spot for Lincoln. Especially the BIG long versions like the Continentals. But what impressed me was
"They're heated, cooled, massaging, and 30-way adjustable, with independent movements for the side bolsters, shoulders, and each thigh."

Man I wish Lexus could do this. Bolsters that adjust? Especially needed inf sports as not everybody has the same width be it tour big or a weight lifter with big lats. I have fairly big cycling legs and to be able to adjust the bolsters for the thighs would be SWEEEEEEEET.
The Lexus GS F-Sport and GS Luxury Package with 16-way and 18-way power seats do offer adjustable seat bolsters, which are awesome

Just wish they would offer the feature on more models. Though to their credit, bolstering even the fixed ones have gotten better over the years. In my 2008 I slide like there is no tomorrow

___

Love them or hate them, even CR has warmed up to this latest Lincoln

Old 08-07-15, 12:18 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I agree with you, and Ford is finally nailing down the front end grille of their brand.
Sure beats the last-generation Lincoln grilles, which IMO looked like a grinning teen-ager showing off a set of new braces.

Those buttons (though electro-mechanical rather then electronic like today) worked just fine on 60s-vintage-Chrysler products (I learned to drive on them). I see no reason why they won't work on today's Lincolns.

As far as the PRNDL shift-sequence goes, though, automakers have no choice with that. That layout was dictated by Federal legislation back in the 1960s to try and standardize the shift-patterns on all cars, as accidents/injuries and/or vehicle-damage were occurring because of drivers getting used to the pattern in one vehicle, and then getting into a car with a different sequence. What they need to do today, IMO, is to standardize the (+) and (-) fore-aft direction of the manual-mode shift gates in automatics. BMW and Mazda (and maybe Porsche) sometimes do it opposite from everybody else and confuse people.

You can thank the MKC, which design and interior-wise, paved the way for the MKX.
Old 08-07-15, 12:32 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by mmarshall
As far as the PRNDL shift-sequence goes, though, automakers have no choice with that. That layout was dictated by Federal legislation back in the 1960s to try and standardize the shift-patterns on all cars, as accidents/injuries and/or vehicle-damage were occurring because of drivers getting used to the pattern in one vehicle, and then getting into a car with a different sequence. What they need to do today, IMO, is to standardize the (+) and (-) fore-aft direction of the manual-mode shift gates in automatics. BMW and Mazda (and maybe Porsche) sometimes do it opposite from everybody else and confuse people.
I think you misinterpreted the post. I believe Jill was referring to the actual 'buttons' vs a traditional floor or column mounted shifter rather than debating the PRNDL layout
Old 08-07-15, 12:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I think you misinterpreted the post. I believe Jill was referring to the actual 'buttons' vs a traditional floor or column mounted shifter rather than debating the PRNDL layout
Part of the reason automakers are using dash-buttons (or in some cases, stub-levers on the steering column) is an attempt to free up more space on the center-consoles. Same reason for doing away with the pull-up levers for the parking brake. It frees up more space for electronic-plug-outlets and/or cupholders. Gotta have that latte at Starbucks, you know.
Old 08-07-15, 12:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Automobile Magazine just released their review. Sounds very positive.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...ln-mkx-review/
Old 08-07-15, 12:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

I'm sure Hoovey will post it when Autoblog does theirs.

Quick Reply: Lincoln MKX now available