Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Biggest Lexus Dealership in U.S. Boasts Theater, Gym, and More

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-15, 06:22 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
It may be nice but that just would make me never buy a Lexus there or take it to get serviced there because the customers are going to have to end pay for all those fancy upgrades. I would much rather the dealership be more plain and get a good deal/good prices on service then really fancy but paying more for the car/service work.
He's not stupid. Too much competition in the area to overcharge. I'm sure his prices are competitive at this dealer, just as they are at his many other dealerships.
Old 07-23-15, 06:31 AM
Punish3r
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice.
Old 07-23-15, 08:44 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Bob RohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrMAN!!
Old 07-23-15, 08:53 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
He has been advertising the new shop with a yellow LFA on the show room floor (he must have bought this from another dealer as he had a red on camel one for sale for a long time).

I am confused to why this guy would build so big.

The big money around here is in the city, in the Northern suburbs and then a smaller patch to the West of the city (Hinsdale).

McGrath has the only dealership in the city and is over due for rebuilding that second rate shop. The Highland Park folks just built a nice new store to replace their tiny one (that sore is a fridge cash machine with all the loaded execs who live around there). McGrath also has a store to cover the area West of the city.

I would think having the biggest shop in the US would only make sense if places like FL, CA or GA. I guess a field trip to Palatine is in order.
I think your forgetting about the northwest suburbs. Lexus's aren't as bourgeois as you think. hes trying to draw some people from Woodfield Lexus, your forget about the wealth that lies in Hoffman Estates, Barrington Hills, Invernes, Palatine, etc...
Old 07-24-15, 09:29 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Doge,

Thanks for the additional info.

I am not originally from these parts

I bought my Infiniti in Hoffman Estates and did note a bunch of car dealers around there including the usual high end brands.

It just seems counter intuitive to me for this guy to make the level of investment that he did. Unless I am confused Buffalo Grove and the towns near there are not about having the biggest and most austentatious things.

I would agree with Mike that the owner is showing off.

For folks who may not get the connection between Doge's fun post with the extra letters, the radio ads for this dealer generally include an extended name call that sound just like Doge's spelling reads.

Speaking of his radio ads, the Lexus shop ads often include the GM, a guy named Marcin. When this guy starts out it sounds like he is saying diss is Marcin.
Old 07-26-15, 07:52 AM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So these super dealerships might become more common. We have one in Colorado called kuni lexus. From what I am told, it was the first one in the United states to be a grand show room. They got similar amenities and size. And I was also told that the dealership did not pay all the money. Some of which lexus put up front. But no one will tell me exactly how much $$. I live in the Denver metro area and we have 3 lexus dealerships to choose from. I believe this grand show room dealership will continue to show up around the United states if lexus continues to help fund it and their pursuit to perfection. Makes me fell a bit better when I got to the stealership for service that I don't do at home.
Old 07-26-15, 11:13 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
It may be nice but that just would make me never buy a Lexus there or take it to get serviced there because the customers are going to have to end pay for all those fancy upgrades. I would much rather the dealership be more plain and get a good deal/good prices on service then really fancy but paying more for the car/service work.
I think you're missing the point. Lexus is a luxury brand and vehicle. If you're looking for plain dealerships that convey value and not quality or luxury...you're better off in a Toyota.

Personally I think stuff like this is really cool. If the Lexus dealer were that cool, I might just pay more to have my Lexus serviced there. I have no problem paying more if I'm getting more.
Old 07-26-15, 12:59 PM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I think you're missing the point. Lexus is a luxury brand and vehicle. If you're looking for plain dealerships that convey value and not quality or luxury...you're better off in a Toyota.

Personally I think stuff like this is really cool. If the Lexus dealer were that cool, I might just pay more to have my Lexus serviced there. I have no problem paying more if I'm getting more.
Steve you are exactly right. Its the perception of value. You walk into the lexus dealership and get all the amenities. That cost money, and you bet you are paying for it. So the question you have to ask yourself is, does that add value to your experience? Or you could have it done at a toyota dealership crammed into a lobby with too many people and poor air conditioning with nothing to do and spend most of your afternoon to save money.
If I can do it myself, I usually enjoy doing general maintance work. If it is serious work and is a major cost, I might go to the independent or toyota shop. If the cost is only a few hundred bucks and I feel like I deserve a treat, you beat I'm going to the lexus dealership. That ls why most of us bought a lexus, we want the best, and if it cost more money, we see the value in spending more.
Old 07-26-15, 01:57 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
bigger store, more overhead, higher prices for customers.

forget about getting a good deal on a car there.

There are only 2 main reasons to go to the dealer. To shop a car or get one fixed.

You're not going to be spending extra time at the dealer for stuff like croquet or old movies
I disagree, I believe that an independent shop would have higher prices (for service at least). Big dealerships have multiple profit centers including new car sales, used car sales, trade in value, wholesale used cars, parts, service, wholesale, back end of the deal, dealer fees, etc.
independent shops have just service as their profit center so they need to make all they can on each customer.