Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

June 2015 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 12:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Sure it's an excuse by simple fact that it takes longer to develop your own turbo than it does to source one off the shelf. You are arguing that Toyota should be able to develop its own turbos and come to market at the same rate as the Germans who are outsourcing their turbos. This makes no sense.
your argument might have a tiny bit of ground if toyota had zero base on turbo and they are trying to do it from scratch. they have people who know about turbo, they have the resource to do it, heck they have a freaking town doing it. you can blame their reaction them, you can blame them for being conservative. those would be the right reasons.

toyota developing and building their own cf looming machine and i don't see them behind bmw or other companies who outsource cf to other companies. why? because they had vision, they focused on weight early on, they executed correctly
Old 07-07-15, 05:22 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
hahaha RNM GS3, the resident BMW apologist got owned so bad.
First - I am not a BMW apologist. I follow the company closely and there things that I like and some I dislike. If i see something that is stated incorrectly about them then yes I try to state facts.

Second - I dont see how i got owned based on Inventory data which is useless because its not accurate and its a snapshot at a random point in time.
Now if you have sales data to show Lexus sells more V8s then I would love to see it.

Also lets compare models with V8s.
Lexus = LS, GX, LX, RCF and soon GSF
BMW = 550, 650, 750, X5, X6, M5, M6, Alpina 6, Alpina 7, X5M, X6M

So i think BMW has just a few more options for the consumer.
Old 07-08-15, 10:07 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the 4gc looks far better than 3gt man. the 3gt rear end is just horrible (just like the 5gt)

yamaha develops the engine for isf and lfa, so is that good or bad for toyota?

lexus is behind in turbo engine lineup i think that's pretty clear. it doesn't matter if they develop their own or not, we all know they have toyota supra tt from the 90s. but they don't have a lot of turbo cars in the lineup, that's what people care
I agree with you here.

Lexus is clearly behind with the turbos in their line up. No doubt about that
Old 07-08-15, 04:51 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Checked cars.com for nationwide inventory - cars.com probably shows 90%+ of nationwide inventory for both brands, so it is good way to check individual model sales..
This is most definitely NOT "a good way to check individual model sales"
Old 07-30-15, 11:04 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

This month is almost over and over half this years has gone by. I look forward to July sales results...can't wait...