Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cars; Expectations of Love and Hate

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 07:37 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I would not say it was love hate but when I saw the 2006 Acura RL in pictures I did not like it, I saw a red or blue one with dealers plastic on it driving around and did not like the looks of it and was very disappointed with the design and that they did not go with a RWD car with a V8. A few weeks later I went to a dealership and saw the RL's in black, silver, and grey and liked the styling much more, then I got in one and was blown away by the interior. It was beautiful and so well put together with such a nice design. I drove it and was very impressed too. I respect those cars now and really like them, still hard to top that interior. I checked out the previous RL closer they had on the lots and saw its interior was very nice, nicer then my GS.

I remember waiting and following the revival of the 350Z for years and was so excited about it and to see it. When I saw the styling I was not that impressed. When I got to sit in one I was really disappointed with the interior and totally let down by the car but then I fell in love with the Infiniti G35 coupe, I almost got one but needed something with more room and ended up going with a Lexus sedan.
I had a similar situation. I owned an '04 Acura TL. When the '05 Acura RL was introduced my salesman offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on the new RL (virtually no depreciation on the TL). I wasn't in love with the car, but I went for it and was quite impressed with both the paint quality and the interior. The SH-AWD also made it a blast to drive as long as I was in a tight corner. The blue footwell lighting was great and the overall finish was top-notch. However, since it was the first year there were multiple recalls and I ultimately traded it for an '06 Infiniti M45, which I expected to love and did, for a few years.
Old 06-21-15, 08:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I had a similar situation. I owned an '04 Acura TL. When the '05 Acura RL was introduced my salesman offered me a deal I couldn't refuse on the new RL (virtually no depreciation on the TL). I wasn't in love with the car, but I went for it and was quite impressed with both the paint quality and the interior. The SH-AWD also made it a blast to drive as long as I was in a tight corner. The blue footwell lighting was great and the overall finish was top-notch. However, since it was the first year there were multiple recalls and I ultimately traded it for an '06 Infiniti M45, which I expected to love and did, for a few years.
I think we have very similar taste in cars, again, love your silver A5. I really like the 2nd gen Infiniti M45 inside and out too. Every time I see a black or grey M45 Sport I really think about looking for a used one and picking one up.

Actually you brought up a example I forgot about of a car I was very excited to see and could not wait for but was very disappointed in when it came out which is the 3rd Gen Infiniti M. I was really let down after seeing it in pictures, I had hoped seeing it in person would help but it didn't. Went to the dealership and walked around trying to find a angle I liked and just couldn't. I do like the interior but I don't think enough to put up with those bland exterior looks. Huge step down from the previous M though the refresh helps a little.

The new Gen Audi A8 is kind of them same. I absolutely loved the 2nd Generation, it was my favorite flagship sedan inside and out, I would get a used one tomorrow and keep it a long time if they were more reliable, really liked the "Ronin" first Gen too but I just don't care for the current ones exterior styling at all, the interior is nice though but I still prefer the previous models interior design.