Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-15, 05:41 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, its a heavy refresh.

I have been hearing some rumors that the US press release will be August 13th, is this true?
Old 08-07-15, 06:50 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am unsure about that front, especially the grille.
know what you mean. in follow up pics (after one with dude underneath) the front end (esp. grille) just looks gigantic and disproportional.

i would not want to own something like this - it's just too much "look at me!!!!" it's the donald trump of suvs.

Old 08-07-15, 07:47 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-07-15, 08:30 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think it's the front that's so much a problem as it is the offset, height, and style of those wheels.
Old 08-07-15, 02:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
apparently it's not a new vehicle, just a major refresh?
i thought it's been mentioned long before that this is major facelift not redesign. just like 2013 LS

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
know what you mean. in follow up pics (after one with dude underneath) the front end (esp. grille) just looks gigantic and disproportional.

i would not want to own something like this - it's just too much "look at me!!!!" it's the donald trump of suvs.
yeah, to me it's too much. i am ok with spindle, in fact i love it on the LS and the 13-15 LX. it's done very well. but this one one, the shape, the angle, and the design don't seem to flow well with the rest of the body. honestly when i first saw my first impression was "umm... transformer?" and no, i didn't have that feeling when i first saw 13 LX

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
I don't think it's the front that's so much a problem as it is the offset, height, and style of those wheels.
LX height and offset have always been like that. the car has feature to lower itself when shut off to aid on getting in and out of the car, which makes the car looks lower and the wheels seriously sunken in. when it goes back up (starting the car) the proportion will look better. but i don't see how that's going to change the front
Old 08-07-15, 09:38 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i thought it's been mentioned long before that this is major facelift not redesign. just like 2013 LS

yeah, to me it's too much. i am ok with spindle, in fact i love it on the LS and the 13-15 LX. it's done very well. but this one one, the shape, the angle, and the design don't seem to flow well with the rest of the body. honestly when i first saw my first impression was "umm... transformer?" and no, i didn't have that feeling when i first saw 13 LX

LX height and offset have always been like that. the car has feature to lower itself when shut off to aid on getting in and out of the car, which makes the car looks lower and the wheels seriously sunken in. when it goes back up (starting the car) the proportion will look better. but i don't see how that's going to change the front

Yeah I had an LX and Land Cruiser parked next to eachother at work last night. Totally threw me for a trip, the LC was a good 4-5" higher off the ground and kind of dwarfed the LX. I knew the LX had air suspension and figured it was in the low setting for some reason, but I thought the Land Cruiser had the same feature and lowered itself when parked.
Old 08-08-15, 07:24 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
LOL - Looks like the Predator Grill ate this poor guy.

This redesign is really hideous.

Why cant Lexus hire some designers from Range Rover/Jaguar.
New Range Rover is just such elegant design yet modern and def makes you look twice.
Old 08-08-15, 08:15 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

That thing is ugly..... ouch.

This is the only Lexus model where the full spindle does not work at all. I think that the car is way to big for this type of grille. Also the sides.... How can you make the sides so freaking plain? The front does not flow with the rest of the car. The headlights are too big, even for a city bus.

Some will still buy it, but personally, I think they will lose alot of customers. I always liked the LX, it was the only SUV I considered buying. But not this....
Old 08-08-15, 08:30 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts
Default Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser

The sides are holdovers from the current pre-refresh LX.

I liked the spy shots, but don't like these newest pictures. Have to see it in person and in other colors. I like atomic silver but don't care for this.
Old 08-08-15, 05:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Yeah I had an LX and Land Cruiser parked next to eachother at work last night. Totally threw me for a trip, the LC was a good 4-5" higher off the ground and kind of dwarfed the LX. I knew the LX had air suspension and figured it was in the low setting for some reason, but I thought the Land Cruiser had the same feature and lowered itself when parked.
LC has hydralics too? i don't know too much about LC, but i thought a lot of people pick LC over LX coz' they don't like the hydralics in the LX
Old 08-08-15, 05:22 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
That thing is ugly..... ouch.

This is the only Lexus model where the full spindle does not work at all. I think that the car is way to big for this type of grille. Also the sides.... How can you make the sides so freaking plain? The front does not flow with the rest of the car. The headlights are too big, even for a city bus.

Some will still buy it, but personally, I think they will lose alot of customers. I always liked the LX, it was the only SUV I considered buying. But not this....
Nope, GX going spindle (as well as a price drop) significantly raised sales, in fact GX is one of the few vehicles having better year over year sales than a lot of other so called "bread and butter" Lexus vehicles.

People will like this new LX makeover just like they liked the NX, it is sharp it is modern and it has the potential to dip into GL and Land Rover sales.
Old 08-08-15, 10:14 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Nope, GX going spindle (as well as a price drop) significantly raised sales, in fact GX is one of the few vehicles having better year over year sales than a lot of other so called "bread and butter" Lexus vehicles.

People will like this new LX makeover just like they liked the NX, it is sharp it is modern and it has the potential to dip into GL and Land Rover sales.
indeed... it seems like it will be another success for them. Some people seem not to like predator grille but many more do, and i would guess that many of those that oppose it likely dont care too much for the brand either.
Old 08-09-15, 03:31 AM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star

The GX is a smaller car, so the spindle works on it. LX is much bigger in comparison, the grille is bigger, headlights are enormous. It just looks very unproportional. I know, to each his own right? But you cannot deny that LX was never an ugly car, unlike the GX who had a pretty weird looking front end before it got the spindle.

If Lexus lowers the price of the LX, then the sales will go up. If they keep the prices or raise them, this car won't move like the GX did after the refresh.
Old 08-09-15, 04:48 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
The GX is a smaller car, so the spindle works on it. LX is much bigger in comparison, the grille is bigger, headlights are enormous. It just looks very unproportional. I know, to each his own right? But you cannot deny that LX was never an ugly car, unlike the GX who had a pretty weird looking front end before it got the spindle.

If Lexus lowers the price of the LX, then the sales will go up. If they keep the prices or raise them, this car won't move like the GX did after the refresh.
for the millionth time, GX base model only takes 20% of overall GX sales... it is not 90%.

Like it or not, reason people buy GX more is the looks... I agree that LX should also get cheaper base model, but reason this new facelift will sell better is due to much nicer exterior and interior. While LX was never really ugly, it also was nothing to write home about, it was me-too styled vehicle for $90k.

People like to get noticed these days, proof is in the pudding with Lexus having largest sales in their history.

As to the headlights, they are actually smaller now and much more cohesive... previous look was just weird. Even worse was LC which didnt have styling to compliment its huge price tag.
Old 08-09-15, 09:31 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
for the millionth time, GX base model only takes 20% of overall GX sales... it is not 90%.

Like it or not, reason people buy GX more is the looks... I agree that LX should also get cheaper base model, but reason this new facelift will sell better is due to much nicer exterior and interior. While LX was never really ugly, it also was nothing to write home about, it was me-too styled vehicle for $90k.

People like to get noticed these days, proof is in the pudding with Lexus having largest sales in their history.

As to the headlights, they are actually smaller now and much more cohesive... previous look was just weird. Even worse was LC which didnt have styling to compliment its huge price tag.
Agreed! The GX outsold the GS in 2014. Total sales of the GS in 2014 were 22,198. Total sales of the GX in 2014 were 22,685.

YTD (year to date) 2015 the GX is still outselling the GS. YTD 2015 GS sales are 12,843. YTD 2015 GX sales are 14,028.

The proof is in the pudding...and I really like chocolate pudding...mmm...

Quick Reply: Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser