Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-15, 05:04 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure any other Toyota 4wd in Qatar or the GCC in general can handle the desert but the LC and nowadays especially the LX are seen as a status symbol which is another reason why most people want to own them and do own them. Add that with all the good qualities these vehicles already have and you got a winner.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 06-28-15 at 07:30 AM.
Old 06-28-15, 07:29 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

'16 lc200.
Attached Thumbnails Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser-20150627_303b02352daced8b1f9e288jwl8oj9q8.jpg.thumb-1-.jpg  

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 06-28-15 at 07:34 AM.
Old 06-30-15, 06:22 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

2016 Land Cruiser production begins on 15/8
2016 LX 570 production begins on 14/9
Old 07-01-15, 02:33 PM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
Any idea when the official public reveal and when the order guide comes out?
Old 07-01-15, 05:52 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Official reveal in August.

New pic from the GCC.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 07-01-15 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-01-15, 07:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

that looks nice, thanks for the pics!
Old 07-02-15, 04:48 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

^ You're welcome!
Some more

Pics from UAE. GX-R ( Middle of the range )

Old 07-02-15, 06:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for posting. That looks a h*** of a lot better, IMO, than the Lexus spindle-grille.
Old 07-02-15, 07:04 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

I agree, nice updated Toyota style look.
Old 07-06-15, 11:32 AM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Old 07-06-15, 01:07 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Who cares about Qatar, the population is tiny and the competition is nowhere near a first world democratic society. So spin your market share any way you want as it means nothing.
Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
So what about Amir of Qatae, Taylor Swift drives a Land Cruiser 200
Wow, just wow... Let's be respectful here people.

I don't know whats your problem to be honest. Just look at the bigger picture
This discussion is not just limited to the US market. The LX is being discussed and we are discussing sales and whether you like it or not i will mention Qatar or the GCC in general as it is the number one market for the LX.

It means nothing to you, but i would imagine Lexus are happy with how well the LX is doing and no doubt the sales will keep improving, i wouldn't be surprised if in a few years the LX outsells the Range Rover world wide. As for the US market i would be interested to see if the facelift does anything if not then maybe the next generation, either way the LX sales just keep improving in the GCC.
Very classy response, as that was unwarranted and quite brash. GCC and especially Qatar are very important to Toyota and the Land Cruiser family. However, I wouldn't discount the Range just yet. That family is expanding and some new proposals are being drafted for the main model's replacement, which lean in certain directions.

Originally Posted by spwolf
Urgh, people post about GCC (gulf) countries with regards to LX sales because LX sells there like crazy. I think Lexus cares a lot because in tiny Qatar, LX is always in top 10 sales.

That goes very much against your posts how LX is lousy offroad vehicle, these people dont buy Mercedes or LR SUVs, they buy Lexus because they need something for harsh conditions.

For instance, looking at data from Oman, 2014, LX held 2.1% market share... In Bahrain it held 1.7% market share, in Bahrain it held 2.4% market share. Overall US is less than 15% of LX market, so Lexus will never built LX to be some huge american barge. Some other Lexus vehicles are purpose built for USA, like ES but LX will never be softroader that USA needs.

http://focus2move.com/oman-vehicles-market/
http://focus2move.com/qatar-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/bahrain-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/uae-vehicle-market/
Excellent comment, as being a frequent visitor to parts of West Africa, I am very dependent on the LX and Land Cruiser when going there. It is only in urban areas, where one will strictly utilize the Range Rover, due to lack of proper service centres (Coscharis Land Rover, Alliance Motors, Guava) in rural areas and smaller towns.

Most Americans and Europeans will never really appreciate what the LX brings to the table, the way those in GCC do. I have given up trying to explain the LX to those, that believe that the Escalade is somehow the holy grail and that the LX is "soooo ugly".

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Good point. Despite its small population, Qatar is arguably the richest country in the world per capita. They have the money to buy new vehicles in the LX's price range....and use it.

Another good point. Qatar doesn't have many good roads outside the capital, with much of the admittedly small country being bare desert floor, ruts, dunes, etc.....If the LX was not a good off-road vehicle, it wouldn't sell there in the numbers it does.
Yes, Qatar is a very important country to Lexus for that reason alone. Between Qatar and UAE, they are probably a huge bulk of Land Cruiser/LX sales. Unlike cases with reliance on leasing and financing on credit in North America, they are paying cash for examples with higher retail prices and less likely to window shop.

It is thus quite silly to dismiss Qatar as irrelevant in the case of not only the LX, but also the QX80 and the J200 competitor Nissan Patrol.

'16 lc200.
Are we really sure that's the 2016 LC200 testing and not a very early 300 mule instead? It looks too rudimentary for what is just a facelift and the application of the disguise seems too rough.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like an October 2015 launch for the Land Cruiser and November 2015 launch for the LX. It looks like it may arrive stateside in December 2015 and the Land Cruiser in the UK/Europe by November.

Official reveal in August.

New pic from the GCC.
^ You're welcome!
Some more

Pics from UAE. GX-R ( Middle of the range )

That's middle of the range? Would the silver one likely be the VX-R? Thanks for the photos.

Looks superb in reality. The lower dash panel is interesting similar to the CUE dash control panel layout of the 2015 Escalade, but would've been designed a little bit of time before the Escalade unveiling. I can see they struggled with fitment of the Remote Touch controller. This clearly a bridge between the 2012-2016 LS and the newer philosophy seen in the 2016 RX.

They said August 17, but these (wonderful) leaks are getting to be too frequent, that the cat is being let out of the bag and almost negates the point of waiting another 5-6 weeks.

One can also see the 200 roots now much more closely, despite how some people want to pretend it's a full model change. The late 2015 launch dates, possibly hint at a life-cycle through 2019 at this stage, just as you said previously. I might have gotten ahead of myself a bit with the 300-Series, as Toyota was just market testing proposals in April 2014 and probably not making final decisions on proposal selection.

They still had to narrow down their choices over some months and then render/build new design models. After that, it would still take many painstaking months to get such a massive and complex model's programme to the design freeze. This means, maybe 300 final design (concept) has been reached, but the cubing process is ongoing (design freeze). After that, an additional 36-42 months for a revolutionary 300, might arrive in 2019.

A 42-month life-cycle from October 2015 to April 2019 for the updated 200 and LX might suffice, instead of a full 4-years. The 180 will debut before the 300 for sure, probably in 2 years time.
Old 07-06-15, 01:21 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is Lexus not implementing the touch pad on all models anymore? Seems like an inconsistent approach to infotainment.
Old 07-06-15, 01:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Is Lexus not implementing the touch pad on all models anymore? Seems like an inconsistent approach to infotainment.
I agree, its an odd approach. The touch pad is only being implemented on models that are commonly conquest, like the RC, IS, NX. "Legacy" models will retain the mouse type RTC. I think thats stupid personally...
Old 07-06-15, 02:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

woa, that looks amazing... so infotainment system has screens for button graphics? I cant see anything written there.

Interior looks rich, opulent, expensive... new steering wheel is great too.
Old 07-06-15, 03:43 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish Lexus would use more actual metal trim pieces rather than the silver painted plastic they continue to use. It's under the wood trim, and on the steering wheel, etc.

Also would like to see Lexus offer more open pore/matte finish wood trims rather than the super lacquered look.

Lexus/Toyota also just has odd design flow from the IP to the door panels. It's like they don't care.

Fairly extensive mid cycle refresh.

It's always a bit funny to see the Middle East vehicles don't have privacy glass on the rear windows. You'd think they want as much tint as possible over there with the heat! Maybe regulatory issues? From the pictures it's easily seen on the LX that the outward visibility in the 3rd row windows hasn't really changed, just changed the exterior glass shape and chrome trim design.

Quick Reply: Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser