Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-15, 03:43 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Do you have some sales figures to back this statement up?
sure, what exactly do you want? Member posted 2014 worldwide sales few pages back...
Old 06-27-15, 05:04 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well on wikipedia it says they sold 22685 GX's in the US for 2014. Total sales for 2014 = 31200
so yeah pretty much mostly the US. I rarely see it on the road here, maybe one a day if i'm lucky compared to a very large amount of LX 570's per minute .
In Qatar especially i think the LX has the most market share in the world here compared to the relative market size. The LX here is like the vehicle to have if you have a good job and are doing well for yourself, previously most people just went for the top of the range LC instead.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 06-27-15 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 05:25 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by UZJ100GXR
Well on wikipedia it says they sold 22685 GX's in the US for 2014. Total sales for 2014 = 31200
so yeah pretty much mostly the US. I rarely see it on the road here, maybe one a day if i'm lucky compared to a very large amount of LX 570's per minute .
In Qatar especially i think the LX has the most market share in the world here compared to the relative market size. The LX here is like the vehicle to have if you have a good job and are doing well for yourself, previously most people just went for the top of the range LC instead.
Who cares about Qatar, the population is tiny and the competition is nowhere near a first world democratic society. So spin your market share any way you want as it means nothing.

The LX sales are low in America because its not fully full size, overly expensive, missing some modern design features and is terribly dated.
Old 06-27-15, 05:33 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Who cares about Qatar, the population is tiny and the competition is nowhere near a first world democratic society. So spin your market share any way you want as it means nothing.

The LX sales are low in America because its not fully full size, overly expensive, missing some modern design features and is terribly dated.
To be fair the GX saw a 135% sales increase after the refresh and price/trim adjustments.

The LX could stand to see similar gains if not more considering how poorly it sells. Also low gas prices means the market for these types of cars is growing.
Old 06-27-15, 06:03 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

I don't know whats your problem to be honest. Just look at the bigger picture
This discussion is not just limited to the US market. The LX is being discussed and we are discussing sales and whether you like it or not i will mention Qatar or the GCC in general as it is the number one market for the LX.

It means nothing to you, but i would imagine Lexus are happy with how well the LX is doing and no doubt the sales will keep improving, i wouldn't be surprised if in a few years the LX outsells the Range Rover world wide. As for the US market i would be interested to see if the facelift does anything if not then maybe the next generation, either way the LX sales just keep improving in the GCC.
Old 06-27-15, 06:34 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

This discussion is not just limited to the US market. The LX is being discussed and we are discussing sales and whether you like it or not i will mention Qatar or the GCC in general as it is the number one market for the LX.

It means nothing to you, but i would imagine Lexus are happy with how well the LX is doing and no doubt the sales will keep improving, i wouldn't be surprised if in a few years the LX outsells the Range Rover world wide. As for the US market i would be interested to see if the facelift does anything if not then maybe the next generation, either way the LX sales just keep improving in the GCC.
What is the population of Qatar?
Old 06-27-15, 06:47 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Urgh, people post about GCC (gulf) countries with regards to LX sales because LX sells there like crazy. I think Lexus cares a lot because in tiny Qatar, LX is always in top 10 sales.

That goes very much against your posts how LX is lousy offroad vehicle, these people dont buy Mercedes or LR SUVs, they buy Lexus because they need something for harsh conditions.

For instance, looking at data from Oman, 2014, LX held 2.1% market share... In Bahrain it held 1.7% market share, in Bahrain it held 2.4% market share. Overall US is less than 15% of LX market, so Lexus will never built LX to be some huge american barge. Some other Lexus vehicles are purpose built for USA, like ES but LX will never be softroader that USA needs.

http://focus2move.com/oman-vehicles-market/
http://focus2move.com/qatar-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/bahrain-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/uae-vehicle-market/
Old 06-27-15, 06:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

This discussion is not just limited to the US market. The LX is being discussed and we are discussing sales and whether you like it or not I will mention Qatar or the GCC in general as it is the number one market for the LX.
Good point. Despite its small population, Qatar is arguably the richest country in the world per capita. They have the money to buy new vehicles in the LX's price range....and use it.

Originally Posted by spwolf
That goes very much against your posts how LX is lousy offroad vehicle, these people dont buy Mercedes or LR SUVs, they buy Lexus because they need something for harsh conditions.
Another good point. Qatar doesn't have many good roads outside the capital, with much of the admittedly small country being bare desert floor, ruts, dunes, etc.....If the LX was not a good off-road vehicle, it wouldn't sell there in the numbers it does.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-27-15 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 07:08 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Good point. Despite its small population, Qatar is arguably the richest country in the world per capita. They have the money to buy new vehicles in the LX's price range....and use it.

Another good point. Qatar doesn't have many good roads outside the capital, with much of the country being bare desert floor, ruts, dunes, etc.....If the LX was not a good off-road vehicle, it wouldn't sell there in the numbers it does.
Actually we have some very nice highways and roads outside of the City.

What makes the LX a very attractive option for most is they can experience high levels of luxury without having to sacrifice anything or worrying about breaking down out in the desert.
It is an all rounder and can be used off road then cleaned up and parked in front of a 5 star hotel without looking out of place.
It is based on the Land Cruiser so it is very durable and reliable. It is very comfortable on and off the road. Spare parts are widely available.
A Range Rover is capable and very luxurious no doubt but is it as durable or reliable as the LX?
G wagon is a tough German tank but it is not as comfortable as the LX.
LX combines the good qualities from both vehicles in one package and more ( hint hint Land Cruiser ). Obviously it is not perfect and no vehicle really is and it can be improved but it fits the bill perfectly for many in the GCC market and a growing number of people can afford it.

LX is the modern day luxury camel.

Btw the Amir of Qatar ( head of state/ruler ) gets driven around in an LX 570 which he also drives sometimes. On various occasions he has personally driven the LX 570 to the airport to pick up various visiting World leaders.

Last edited by UZJ100GXR; 06-27-15 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-27-15, 07:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Yes, that's what I meant, but what I was referring to was the comparatively few total number of roads and mostly desert in between.
Old 06-27-15, 08:15 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

What makes the LX a very attractive option for most is they can experience high levels of luxury without having to sacrifice anything or worrying about breaking down out in the desert.
It is an all rounder and can be used off road then cleaned up and parked in front of a 5 star hotel without looking out of place.
It is based on the Land Cruiser so it is very durable and reliable. It is very comfortable on and off the road. Spare parts are widely available.
A Range Rover is capable and very luxurious no doubt but is it as durable or reliable as the LX?
G wagon is a tough German tank but it is not as comfortable as the LX.
LX combines the good qualities from both vehicles in one package and more ( hint hint Land Cruiser ). Obviously it is not perfect and no vehicle really is and it can be improved but it fits the bill perfectly for many in the GCC market and a growing number of people can afford it.

LX is the modern day luxury camel.

Btw the Amir of Qatar ( head of state/ruler ) gets driven around in an LX 570 which he also drives sometimes. On various occasions he has personally driven the LX 570 to the airport to pick up various visiting World leaders.
So what about Amir of Qatae, Taylor Swift drives a Land Cruiser 200
Old 06-27-15, 08:51 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So what about Amir of Qatae, Taylor Swift drives a Land Cruiser 200
I think the Amir of Qatar is slightly more importantly.
Old 06-27-15, 09:04 PM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...LX to be some huge american barge..
This. Barges sell in the US but nowhere else in the world. Pretty much all US barge (not an) SUVs were already proven not fit by the market. Good they had US tax payers come in and save them.
Old 06-27-15, 09:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Urgh, people post about GCC (gulf) countries with regards to LX sales because LX sells there like crazy. I think Lexus cares a lot because in tiny Qatar, LX is always in top 10 sales.

For instance, looking at data from Oman, 2014, LX held 2.1% market share... In Bahrain it held 1.7% market share, in Bahrain it held 2.4% market share. Overall US is less than 15% of LX market, so Lexus will never built LX to be some huge american barge. Some other Lexus vehicles are purpose built for USA, like ES but LX will never be softroader that USA needs.

http://focus2move.com/oman-vehicles-market/
http://focus2move.com/qatar-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/bahrain-cars-market/
http://focus2move.com/uae-vehicle-market/
Why don't you post the actual sales numbers and not the useless percentages. The Gulf Region sells a ton of 200 series SUVs, I am sure any of the Toyota SUVs that are sold in Qatar can handle a sand dune, unless there is some super secret LX570 sauce, all of the FJs, Prado, LC come with A-trac and 4WD systems.
Old 06-28-15, 03:03 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think LC was very popular in Gaddafi Libya when state was giving out some massive subventions for brand new cars.

Quick Reply: Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser