Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Customer Service Goes to the Dog

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 09:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Article said Jack Russell/French Bulldog but then I've never owned small dogs so definitely not my expertise. Goldens, Germans and Labs mixes over here
Adult Jack Russell Terriers, though quite docile and friendly to humans, are known for being aggressive and efficient hunters of small animals. They are quick, agile, and can quickly target.....though most of them, being pets, don't actually hunt for food.
Old 06-11-15, 06:50 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
you can't please everyone. people with serious issues like that probably need someone else to take their car in for service. we've become such a nation of wimps and what if this and what if that...

these days, even having people over for dinner is a hassle... oh you're gluten free? oh your lactose intolerant? oh you're not eating carbs, is that right? oh but i notice everyone's drinking alcohol or ok with smoking pot...
I totally agree. We ARE a nation of wimps. Either that or we've pushed evolution to the point that we've phased out our natural immunity to EVERYTHING. It's called LIFE people, get used to it. Somewhere in your environment there may be a peanut, a little milk, a bit of gluten. Trust me, it's not fatal. If your constitution is so badly compromised that you can't tolerate a little smoke, pollen, or food additives in your system, Mother Nature is probably telling you that your bloodline is unwelcome here.

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I would be more concerned about salesmen that wear too much cologne.

That would be noxious.

Or if the dealership hires a clown for entertainment.

That would be scary.
Some people just don't get the message. Note that even the creepy King is back . . .

Personally I love the idea of a dog in the waiting room. It would make the time go a lot faster with something furry demanding your attention. Incidentally, not all dogs shed or produce much in the way of dander. While no dog is totally free of allergy-producing products, some are quite clean and odor free. Years ago I used to take my step-mother's Cocker Spaniel to see her in the nursing home, and the staff were delighted to see her. That animal, while nominally a land shark, was the most loveable creature on earth; easily the most popular person on the floor when we visited, turning a thirty minute visit into a couple of hours. You'd be amazed what a cute wiggly pup or a big loveable dog can do for a bad disposition. Smart move for the dealership.

Last edited by Lil4X; 06-11-15 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-11-15, 06:55 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
I totally agree. We ARE a nation of wimps. Either that or we've pushed evolution to the point that we've phased out our natural immunity to EVERYTHING. It's called LIFE people, get used to it. Somewhere in your environment there may be a peanut, a little milk, a bit of gluten. Trust me, it's not fatal. If your constitution is so badly compromised that you can't tolerate a little smoke, pollen, or food additives in your system, Mother Nature is probably telling you that your bloodline is unwelcome here.

Yep. Right on. You and I, Bob, certainly did not grow up in that Namby-Pamby environment, and we both turned out just fine.
Old 06-11-15, 07:18 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ..........

If the puppy works for them good, more power to them.
I for one will hate to have a puppy around me during a dealer visit as I would be afraid I may step on him, step on his poop, deal with his barking etc...

Pets are not welcome inside my house specially any dogs, cats & birds. I find that disgusting and unsanitary no matter how clean they may be. Animals belong outside!

Can you imagine trying to work on a deal and some damn puppy dog is barking away??

And if you ever wonder I do love pets....just not inside my house. When I visit family who do have pets I can smell it and cant stand it. I ask to go outside as an excuse not to be inside.

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 06-11-15 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-11-15, 09:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

"Dear Sir/Madame. How do you rate your experience at this Lexus Dealer?"

Please give 5 doggy biscuits for a Excellent and 1 for Poor.
Keep in mind we discourage 0 doggy biscuit for Unsatisfactory.

I love dogs too...would like to see how this turns out
Old 06-14-15, 08:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

some people have religious sensitivities that will allow them to be near dogs. I dig the pooch though but dont think it would be a good idea to keep him on the long term.
Old 06-15-15, 02:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
Bring to mind the most terrifying creature you can possibly imagine, something that would stop you dead, make you shiver or cower, and simply terrify you. If you cannot imagine that, at least imagine something that you would hate to find crawling on you when you wake up in the morning. To some people, this horrific thing is a dog.
Does it seem absurd? Of course, but that's because a phobia is an irrational fear that makes the person display reactions that seem out of proportion for the actual danger(or lack thereof).
Lets be real here for a minute. How many people in the world are as you describe? I have met people that way...but its a very small percentage of people.

A dealership is an independent business, and if they chose to operate their business in such a way that turns off a few people, thats their prerogative. Those people can go to another dealership. People have phobias of all sorts of things, should a car dealership make sure that a customer with *any* phobia would be comfortable there? What about *any* allergy? What if I have a serious allergy to rubber? Should they have no indoor showroom?

We have totally become a nation of wimps.

I think the dog at the dealer is awesome.

Last edited by SW17LS; 06-15-15 at 03:01 PM.