Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

When you were a kid, what was your first dream car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-15, 03:51 PM
Chariotz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile When you were a kid, what was your first dream car?

I remember getting my first Hotwheels car when i was only 3 years old. (back in 1993) It was a white 1990 Ferrari 348 hard top!

I took that toy car everywhere with me. I remember telling my dad this: "When I grow up, I want a car just like this one!"

It was literally my first dream car. I loved it.

I wasn't like most other little girls, I was a gearhead at heart. I hated barbie dolls. They would look at me weird when I used to come over to my cousins parties because I was the only girl playing with Hotwheels cars and Legos. lol.

I used to make car noises "vroooommm!" "pshhhhh" while I was playing with it. I would put it on my Hotwheels race track and make it go off small ramps I made.

When I was 7, I found out my dad's boss actually owned a red 1990 Ferrari 348 convertible! He took me to go see it one day and I got a ride in it! It was amazing! The way it handled, the sound of the purring engine, the immediate throttle response. Just WOW. I felt like the coolest kid in the world that day.

I've been a sports car fan ever since. I actually still have that same Hotwheels car today, sitting on my top shelf in my bedroom!

What was your first dream car??? I wanna hear some stories

Bethany P
Chariotz Inc.
Car Enthusiasts check us out!
Facebook: Chariotzinc
Instagram: Chariotzinc
Twitter: ChariotzINC
Download our FREE app in the iTunes store here

Email: Info@chariotz.com
Old 05-06-15, 04:10 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I grew up in the 1960s. This was EVERYBODY's dream car.......the '64-66 Mustang, though, in fact, it really wasn't anything but a standard Ho-Hum Ford Falcon compact chassis with a nice-looking body and interior on it.

Old 05-06-15, 04:32 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Toss up between a Porsche 959 and the Ferrari 348.

Old 05-06-15, 05:23 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

I didn't really recognize cars until my early teens. I loved the front of the BMW in the 80s along with the Enkei wheels.

Old 05-06-15, 10:04 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hated Barbie as a kid. That ***** had everything.

Even a pretty nice (and, of course, fictional) convertible. My sister had this. I remember sitting on it and destroying it. She still call me out on that during sibling rivalries...

Old 05-06-15, 11:14 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Had this poster on my bedroom wall:

Old 05-07-15, 01:07 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lamborghini Countach
Old 05-07-15, 08:02 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Countach and Delorean. Swing up doors did it for me back then!
Old 05-07-15, 08:06 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

A very humble Toyota MR2. When I was little my dad worked at a Toyota dealership. I'd go with him every once in a while and drool over the 1st gen MR2s on the lot. I was 9 or 10 at the time. I later bought an '86 MR2 and it did not disappoint, though by that time (high school), my dream car had moved on to the SC400 and the MB 500SL.
Old 05-07-15, 08:49 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Started driving in late 60s and the first car I really noticed was my cousin's 66 Chevelle SS396. However, as to dream cars at that time, number 1 would be a 67-69 Corvette L88. Grouped at 2 would be a 69 Pontiac GTO or Olds 442.
Old 05-07-15, 08:54 AM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

This:

Ever since i saw the black Countach in opening sequence of cannonball run 1 and then the white one that turned red when it got wet in cannonball run 2 with Cathrine Bach in it. I watched both of those movies so much as a kid i wore out the VCR.

Last edited by IOWNALEXUS; 05-07-15 at 08:58 AM.
Old 05-07-15, 10:03 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Besides the poster of that white countach, this was my childhood dream car

Old 05-07-15, 12:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

When I was really young like kindergarten to first grade it was the "Smokey and the Bandit" Trans Am, loved that car. "The Night Rider" Trans Am was a close second, Dukes of Hazard Challenger was 3rd. I liked the 308 from "Magnum PI."

When I was around 4th and 5th Grade I was obsessed with concept cars like the Nissan Mid4, Corvette Indy, Caddy Solitaire, Buick Wildcat, etc. I loved the Porsche 944 and 928 around that age. I had a black Hotwheels Ferrari Testarossa with a red front kind of like what was on the Knight Rider Car, I still have that car to this day.

I had a poster of a silver Porsche 959 and Vector which I loved, I was not even into 911's but loved the 959, loved the F40 too. I loved the original Acura Legend and most Mercedes sedans at that age.

The first exotic I saw up close was a silver Acura NSX. My dad pointed it out that it was about to pass us. I was shocked at how low and exotic and futuristic it looked like, loved it every since. My dad only owned Honda's since the early 80's and I thought it was cool that Honda made the NSX. I remember sitting in a new first gen Infiniti Q45 at a auto show and liking it. I also loved the Nissan 300ZX and second Gen Legend.

When I was in high school I remember seeing my first Supra turbo, a white one, I loved the car ever since.

I think of all the dream cars I still like the original NSX the most and plan on owning one although I have a feeling I may end up also buying a "Smokey" Trans Am one of these days on a whim.
Old 05-07-15, 04:03 PM
Chariotz
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Besides the poster of that white countach, this was my childhood dream car

haha that's actually ironic because my friend owns the same car and he got a strip of fully functional LED lights with a remote from Walmart and mounted them in the same spot, THEN he put some of the sound effects and music from Knightrider on a blank cd so that it would look and sound like Knightrider

He would take it to car meets and surprise the heck out of everyone walking by! lol
Old 05-07-15, 04:10 PM
Chariotz
Rookie

Originally Posted by UDel
When I was really young like kindergarten to first grade it was the "Smokey and the Bandit" Trans Am, loved that car. "The Night Rider" Trans Am was a close second, Dukes of Hazard Challenger was 3rd. I liked the 308 from "Magnum PI."

When I was around 4th and 5th Grade I was obsessed with concept cars like the Nissan Mid4, Corvette Indy, Caddy Solitaire, Buick Wildcat, etc. I loved the Porsche 944 and 928 around that age. I had a black Hotwheels Ferrari Testarossa with a red front kind of like what was on the Knight Rider Car, I still have that car to this day.

I had a poster of a silver Porsche 959 and Vector which I loved, I was not even into 911's but loved the 959, loved the F40 too. I loved the original Acura Legend and most Mercedes sedans at that age.

The first exotic I saw up close was a silver Acura NSX. My dad pointed it out that it was about to pass us. I was shocked at how low and exotic and futuristic it looked like, loved it every since. My dad only owned Honda's since the early 80's and I thought it was cool that Honda made the NSX. I remember sitting in a new first gen Infiniti Q45 at a auto show and liking it. I also loved the Nissan 300ZX and second Gen Legend.

When I was in high school I remember seeing my first Supra turbo, a white one, I loved the car ever since.

I think of all the dream cars I still like the original NSX the most and plan on owning one although I have a feeling I may end up also buying a "Smokey" Trans Am one of these days on a whim.
Wow so you admired both American and Japanese import sports cars. That's ironic because I actually own a dark blue 1990 Nissan 300zx twin turbo Love that car!

Here's a link to my Chariotz profile and you can see some photos of it
http://www.chariotz.com/projectdetai...version-2/1984

Quick Reply: When you were a kid, what was your first dream car?