Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Camaro Causes Accident, Passing on Left Shoulder

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-15, 03:00 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or the truck can simply speed up so the drunk kid can pass him from the right lane >->
Old 04-28-15, 03:02 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Some states actually have laws that vehicles traveling under the speed limit on multi-lane highways should be in the right lanes when safe/possible and allow others to pass in the left lane. No idea if NY has such a law or the speeds of the vehicles in the video.
NY has such a law also. What the truck was doing is illegal.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
Old 04-28-15, 03:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

If everybody in the left lane has to pull over for speed freaks, then what's the point of having speed limits to start with?...they are then arbitrary figures that, in practice, mean nothing. You might as well turn our highways into race tracks.
Old 04-28-15, 04:22 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Camaro driver is a drunk idiot but the pickup driver is a idiot for blocking him and should also be ticketed. Going too slow on a highway is just as dangerous if not more dangerous as going too fast. I can't stand drivers like that. I don't tailgate but I have encountered clueless drivers hanging out in the left lane riding along a truck or other vehicle in the right lane not letting faster cars pass who create dangerous situations and needless traffic. The guy in the truck should have either sped up to get from alongside the 18 wheeler(not a safe place to be) and let the Camaro driver pass on the left or the truck driver should have just got in the left lane after passing the 18 wheeler and called the police on the Camero driver instead of creating a dangerous situation which led to the idiot causing a 3 car accident.
Old 04-28-15, 05:02 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
If everybody in the left lane has to pull over for speed freaks, then what's the point of having speed limits to start with?...they are then arbitrary figures that, in practice, mean nothing. You might as well turn our highways into race tracks.
Whats the point of hanging out in the left lane if you plan to follow the speed limit Go to the right and be considerate and let the speed freaks go by. Let the police do their job...its dangerous when anyone other than them try to regulate speed. I know most in so-cal (living here most of my life) think left lane loungers are waaaaay worse than speeders.
Old 04-28-15, 05:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Let the police do their job...its dangerous when anyone other than them try to regulate speed.
Heck...it's dangerous enough when the cops themselves do it......witness the numerous high-speed pursuits that wind up in serious accidents.
Old 04-28-15, 05:21 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

And how do we know the pick up truck was not going the speed limit?

This Chrysler driving turd (OK, Camaro in this instance but he must be a Chrysler driver back in Ohio) put multiple folks in danger and we have folks here point the finger at the guy in the pick up truck.

Yes it looks like blocking but I get the sense that the Camaro driver was not the most Emily Post on the road what he tried to pass (i.e. riding up the guy's behind).
Old 04-28-15, 05:27 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Pickup driver got what he deserved. The road does not belong to you. If you see a car that needs to pass, let him / her pass you. He was acting like a complete jerk from the start. I would personally smash the pickup driver's head with a baseball bat.

Not sure why the Camaro driver was following him for so damn long. I would just slam the brakes and pass both of them on right shoulder.
Old 04-28-15, 05:37 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

SNiiP3R

You are the kind of dihmwhit I was referring to in my post.

If you even looked at the video, you could see that there wasn't enough shoulder to the right or the left to pass safely.

Sure the pick up truck driver should have let the shmow get by but he didn't. Saying that the pick up driver got what he deserved shows us all what a real loser you are.
Old 04-28-15, 05:46 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
SNiiP3R

You are the kind of dihmwhit I was referring to in my post.

If you even looked at the video, you could see that there wasn't enough shoulder to the right or the left to pass safely.

Sure the pick up truck driver should have let the shmow get by but he didn't. Saying that the pick up driver got what he deserved shows us all what a real loser you are.
You should watch your mouth and perhaps choose your words wisely?

Yes the pickup driver deserved every thing that happened to him in that video.

Now, perhaps you should see someone about improving that eyesight of yours? Because looking at the end of video, the dashcam driver safely pulled to the right and there was plenty of space on the right shoulder.
Old 04-28-15, 05:49 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SNiiP3R and S2000toIS350 both of you both play nice.

So what the pickup driver did was wrong. So he should get a ticket. I know, he would be pissed but he should have respected the law.

As much as I dislike big government. It would be nice if someone would check up on people, who have a car and no license and make sure they are not driving.
Old 04-28-15, 06:56 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

it all started when the camaro driver tried to squeeze in between the truck and the car in front of the truck. You can see that the camaro was about to sideswipe the truck at the beginning. Guess the camaro driver thought he is entitled enough to have other cars brake for him. Probably wouldn't have been a problem if the camaro driver had safely changed lanes behind the truck and been a bit more patient
Old 04-28-15, 07:19 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Some states actually have laws that vehicles traveling under the speed limit on multi-lane highways should be in the right lanes when safe/possible and allow others to pass in the left lane. No idea if NY has such a law or the speeds of the vehicles in the video.
But we don't know if the pickup driver is going under the speed limit...
Old 04-28-15, 11:21 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
I hate people like this truck driver on the road. They're clearly on a mission to **** people off, he was illegally blocking the passing lane, he was driving slower than the big rig. No reason to be on the fast lane period, should be locked up with the drunk driver all together in the same jail cell. Drunk driver was actually kind of nice about changing lane in the beginning, how many drunks do you see use a blinker to change lane?

It was a nice gesture until he forgot to shut it off.
Old 04-28-15, 11:24 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

he used his blinker. I'll give him credit for that.

Quick Reply: Camaro Causes Accident, Passing on Left Shoulder