Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Please help! Iam thinking to get the RC 350 instead of the IS350 Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 09:18 PM
elusive
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post an ad on Craigslist or the vehicle for sale forums and see if anyone will take over your lease. Lexus charges $200 for the transfer, and it can be completed in 2 weeks.
Old 04-22-15, 10:47 AM
DreamGS4
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
+1

Common sense.
+2

They may look different, but with the same power train and relatively same weight, i could only imagine there being little to no difference
Old 04-22-15, 11:00 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not to mention you also get 2 doors less?
Old 05-02-15, 07:20 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

So over the last week, I had the opportunity to test out both the new IS250 and the RC350.

First off, I drive a 2008 IS250, which means I am not the one to go ga-ga over more hp.

Now to the meat. The difference in the IS and the RC is simply day and night from a drivers perspective. The new IS feels like a luxurious Corolla while the RC is designed for maximizing the experience for the two front seats, esp the drivers.
From the outside, I felt like hugging and kissing the RC350 and not even get inside it. But once inside, and seated in the drivers seat, I did not even want to get out. Hell, I did not even start the engine for 15 minutes while I experienced Nirvana, and the only reason why I even started the engine was because I was pushed by my significant half to do so.
Now if anyone here find the IS and RC similar and not worth the difference, then you are not worthy of being a discerning Lexus customer.

Now I am hooked and probably upgrade from my 2008 IS to a Rc350 Vector. in Red.
Old 05-02-15, 08:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
Now if anyone here find the IS and RC similar and not worth the difference, then you are not worthy of being a discerning Lexus customer.

Now I am hooked and probably upgrade from my 2008 IS to a Rc350 Vector. in Red.
Yes, there will likely be some handling and steering differences from the RC's lower center of gravity, although some of that may be countered by the RC's heavier weight. Still, the question is....are those differences worth the hassles and cost of prematurely ending the lease? Only you can answer that......and, in my advice, that is best done by some careful thinking and consideration, not just at a Love-at-First-Sight spur of the moment.
Old 05-02-15, 09:08 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yes, there will likely be some handling and steering differences from the RC's lower center of gravity, although some of that may be countered by the RC's heavier weight. Still, the question is....are those differences worth the hassles and cost of prematurely ending the lease? Only you can answer that......and, in my advice, that is best done by some careful thinking and consideration, not just at a Love-at-First-Sight spur of the moment.
I am not even bringing up the handling differences. The difference even without is completely different. On paper and in pictures they look similar. But that is where the story ends.

Regarding, is it worth it? It definitely depends upon the priorities in life. If you can wait, wait. If you cannot, you better find a way to cover up the difference, and that may involve earning some extra bucks to cover it, or reduce other expenses, and then so be it
Old 05-02-15, 09:29 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chikoo
I am not even bringing up the handling differences. The difference even without is completely different. On paper and in pictures they look similar. But that is where the story ends.

Regarding, is it worth it? It definitely depends upon the priorities in life. If you can wait, wait. If you cannot, you better find a way to cover up the difference, and that may involve earning some extra bucks to cover it, or reduce other expenses, and then so be it
Some pictures...