Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New here. Benz owner. Why should I get a Lexus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-15, 02:53 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 817 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by fly2low
Go to a lexus dealer and see if there is amything you like. Then test drive
It. Work the numbers see if that make sense. Why would you ask people on what car you should buy. You buy what you like.
I think you are missing the point of this car enthusiast forum.

I sent a PM to the OP yesterday letting him know that his response is requested.
Old 04-20-15, 05:23 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rissatx
So have always been a Benz owner. Tell me why I should switch to your world? I have been told nothing tops a Lexus and looking into a new one. Was active on Benz sites for questions so thought I woyld peek here
That's not too much info to go on. If, say, you've always driven a top level S Class, the LS460 is nice, but probably not up to your standards. If you have always driven a baby Benz, you may find more value for your money in comparable Lexus models.

It's your money, and it's your car to have to live with. So, of course, you should decide on your own.
Old 04-20-15, 05:27 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tecman
I think you are missing the point of this car enthusiast forum.

I sent a PM to the OP yesterday letting him know that his response is requested.
There's a fine line--if he is just gathering info on Lexus, knowing that posters on a Lexus forum will be biased toward Lexus, then this is a good source of info. But if he is taking the advice here as the complete base of his research and decision making, that's unwise. I never truly understand people asking "Which car should I buy?" threads--everyone is different, and taking advice from total strangers on the internet can be a bad idea. But as long as the OP is just gathering info, and nothing else, then he should use the info wisely, in light of all other research.
Old 04-20-15, 06:46 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
knowing that posters on a Lexus forum will be biased toward Lexus, then this is a good source of info..
most of the people that answered him so far are fans of other brands currently :-)

CL has diverse fanbase, unlike any other brand-forum out there.
Old 05-13-15, 10:50 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Want a good reason?

1. I drove my 1999 GS400 V8 3L down to the ground at ~286,000 miles, and STILL had the pony wanting more. Pure power.

Want another good reason?

2. Panties will drop.
Old 05-13-15, 11:10 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So have always been a Benz owner. Tell me why I should switch to your world? I have been told nothing tops a Lexus and looking into a new one. Was active on Benz sites for questions so thought I woyld peek here
I would be the last one to criticise German sourced cars, but you'll seen see that Lexus doesn't give you the feeling that you're driving a car from another planet, engineered in a way which will definitely have the most intelligent person in tears if he should have a breakdown where road assistance can't reach. Yet Lexus has built up a reputation for extra-ordinary reliability, it is a very comfortable vehicle loaded with the best toys money can buy and it has a charm that just grows and grows on you.
Old 05-13-15, 01:19 PM
jaime1982
Rookie

Originally Posted by UncleRay
Want a good reason?

1. I drove my 1999 GS400 V8 3L down to the ground at ~286,000 miles, and STILL had the pony wanting more. Pure power.

2. Panties will drop.

I like that reason! Im sold lol
Old 05-13-15, 03:37 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds more like an HR type question: "Why should we hire you?"

Problem is that Lexus doesn't really take a back seat to MB these days if you're talking durability and luxury. So that leaves performance and driving pleasure.

I think your question can be rephrased for a Lexus forum this way: Current longtime Benz owner exploring options never owned a Lexus before, what should I consider if I plunk down the cash?

Second question: anybody switch from Benz to Lexus and why? A few threads on this forum about that too.
Old 05-13-15, 03:52 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleRay
Want a good reason?

2. Panties will drop.
If that's all it takes to get their panties to drop, you're going for the wrong women.
Old 05-13-15, 11:14 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Eh? Since when was panty-dropping a bad thing?

Maybe those ladies are into guys who appreciate fine engineering. Or maybe they appreciate fine engineering themselves. Man, I need an LS...
Old 05-13-15, 11:42 PM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chromedome

Maybe those ladies are into guys who appreciate fine engineering. Or maybe they appreciate fine engineering themselves. Man, I need an LS...
Can set of a chain reaction, soon you'll have to replace the LS for a new RX (I understood it's getting seven seats). Then you can buy yourself an LFA to visit the moms of all your kids in the different states (just hope you don't have to buy them an NX each).
Old 05-14-15, 10:28 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chromedome

Panty-dropping itself isn't a bad thing, but it doesn't really happen even with a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. So if it's happening with an outdated 1999 Lexus GS400... you see where I'm coming from with the quality of women.
Old 05-14-15, 10:35 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
If that's all it takes to get their panties to drop, you're going for the wrong women.
Maybe thats exactly the type of women Uncle Ray wants
Old 05-14-15, 10:30 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jwong77
Maybe thats exactly the type of women Uncle Ray wants
*Shudders* Haha
Old 05-15-15, 11:22 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NickTee
or women with 20yr old panties who elastic has worn out and all it takes to drop is one big deep breath when they look at the car

Quick Reply: New here. Benz owner. Why should I get a Lexus?