Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Nissan Maxima Unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 10:25 AM
DreamGS4
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TangoRed

Watch out! Here comes nissan! Haha, this definitely gets 2x for me! I like Nissan's new floating roof design, bold and daring i say! Im not too fond of that chrome piece in the front grill though Id probably get that part powder coated or sprayed black chrome. If i got one of these is there a NISMO PACKAGE?!?!

Last edited by DreamGS4; 04-22-15 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-15-15, 09:31 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AMCI Testing and Andy Lally hit Buttonwillow Raceway Park to determine which sports sedan could truly wear the title of “four-door sports car.” Hold on and get ready for some head-to-head action!

Cars Tested:
Acura TLX V6 Tech (FWD)
Audi A4 2.0T quattro (AWD)
BMW 328i (RWD)
Nissan Maxima SR (FWD)
Old 05-16-15, 03:38 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I aint disputing the results here much like I did not in RC-F case but its all about the track configuration really and AMCI guys know how to pick it to amplify all the strong points of a car. Its not an easy task to do.

I'm glad FWD car spanked AWD and FWD counterparts btw, 328i is not a joke even in base trim.
Old 05-16-15, 08:35 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I aint disputing the results here much like I did not in RC-F case but its all about the track configuration really and AMCI guys know how to pick it to amplify all the strong points of a car. Its not an easy task to do.

I'm glad FWD car spanked AWD and FWD counterparts btw, 328i is not a joke even in base trim.
I'd like to see them go back and re-do this with a 328i Sport Line with Dynamic Handling Pkg. If you are going to get the sport version of the Maxima, shouldn't the other cars be similarly equipped? And I wonder who paid AMCI to do this test?
Old 05-16-15, 08:41 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I'd like to see them go back and re-do this with a 328i Sport Line with Dynamic Handling Pkg. If you are going to get the sport version of the Maxima, shouldn't the other cars be similarly equipped? And I wonder who paid AMCI to do this test?
I enjoyed the video and like a lot about both the interior and exterior of the new Maxima except that chrome thing on the grill. It should do well for Nissan. I too wonder who funded the test.
Old 05-16-15, 08:51 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Won't buy it for its look for sure.
Old 05-16-15, 08:54 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DreamGS4
Watch out! Here comes nissan! Haha, this definitely gets 2x for me! I like Nissan's new floating roof design, bold and daring i say! Im not too fond of that chrome piece in the front grill though Id probably get that part powder coated or sprayed black chrome. If i got one of these is there a NISMO PACKAGE?!?!
I can see the pillars. So what is floating?
Old 05-16-15, 09:03 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

Obviously Nissan paid for the testing... but how much more do you have to pay 3 series in order to outperform Maxima? It is still Maxima, and it is great result for them.
Old 05-16-15, 10:10 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

The test proves that the Maxima is no slouch.

Congrats to Nissan
Old 05-16-15, 10:02 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

not really. seems like they were trying to get price as close as possible for the group.
Old 05-17-15, 12:02 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Tonight's double edition: Accord Sport vs. new Maxima
Attached Thumbnails 2016 Nissan Maxima Unveiled-accord2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-15, 05:01 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Looks pretty good after you plastidip the U on the grille. Looks like a nose piercing lol.

I really don't get why multiple car companies are designing these 2 tone wheels with the black/metal look. I don't like that at all.
Old 05-17-15, 05:15 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At face value, that's impressive, especially since the Maxima is the largest car of the group and equipped with a CVT. I suspect the CVT also allows the engine to rev faster (because it doesn't need to hunt for the right gear or change gears. In manual mode, it's just software dictating preset "shift" points), reaching peak torque out of a corner a smidge quicker than traditional transmissions.
Old 05-17-15, 10:26 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Megafast13
Looks pretty good after you plastidip the U on the grille. Looks like a nose piercing lol.

I really don't get why multiple car companies are designing these 2 tone wheels with the black/metal look. I don't like that at all.
The aftermarket started the trend about ten years ago and it got popular enough OEM brands started doing it. Don't worry, it's just a trend and like most, will die off eventually.
Old 05-18-15, 02:14 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nextourer
At face value, that's impressive, especially since the Maxima is the largest car of the group and equipped with a CVT. I suspect the CVT also allows the engine to rev faster (because it doesn't need to hunt for the right gear or change gears. In manual mode, it's just software dictating preset "shift" points), reaching peak torque out of a corner a smidge quicker than traditional transmissions.
Hurray for CVT =)

Quick Reply: 2016 Nissan Maxima Unveiled