Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why Lexus¿

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 08:22 AM
evident
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star

We all know that if Lexus' (or any other car maker) new design language was a failure and people hated it, they would begin to take actions to change course because building a design you know will fail is a waste of money.

Still don't know anyone who likes the Acura beak, and they refuse to abandon it.
Old 04-03-15, 04:51 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
The RC F is the only Lexus model I am even remotely interested in right now, it's the execution of its spindle grille and how it flows with the rest of the car that attracts me, not the simple fact that it is spindle shape or gaping.

I dislike the spindle grille on the 3IS even though it is spindle shape and big, I think the 3IS is an ugly sedan compared to the much nicer 2IS. So I dunno, I guess for me, it's not even simply the design language, but its execution on individual models that matters.

I always judge each model individually, I just know what I like or dislike when I see it in person.
I think the 2IS is much nicer inside and out then the 3IS too but I do give them credit and decided not to criticize them for trying to give it some flash and be more aggressive when many were asking for more aggressive looks. I think the tail end/tail lights hurt the 3 IS design, if those were better integrated I think it would be much nicer.
Old 04-03-15, 04:57 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree that they are gaining the attention of other folks who never cared or payed any mind to lexus in the past.

just two weeks ago my mother told me that they were considering getting a brand new GX since they loved the styling of the new one. a little back history on my mother and step father, they love ford and have only owned ford and pontiac for like the last 20 years. i drove a lex for 10 years before i moved and they gave me crap for it for 9 of those years. hearing about my non repairs and non maintenance needed over those years must have finally sunk in, and the re-design was obviously the icing on the cake for them.

as much as i hate the GX and have been pushing for them to at least test drive the LX if they got a lexus it would make me smile deep down inside somewhere