Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Honda Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-15, 05:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Kind of funny how "big" compact cars have gotten. Its wider and only 4" shorter than a 2000 Accord, and has about the same amount of interior room and trunk space. Also getting big is the price, at least for loaded ones. $27,000 for a Civic is just plain silly IMO, you can get a nicely equipped Accord for the same money.
The growing size and price of the Civic was the main reason why Honda had to introduce the Fit (Jazz) to the American market as the new entry-level model. Mazda, of course, followed suit with the Mazda2, though Toyota already had sold the Tercel/Echo/Yaris for years, which undercut the regular-size Corolla.
Old 11-23-15, 07:06 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Breathtaking new styling combines with exceptional dynamic performance to make owning the all-new 2016 Civic Sedan a remarkably fulfilling experience.
Old 01-20-16, 04:45 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

The 2016 Civic is bigger than ever and that brings more room for child seats in the back.
Old 01-20-16, 07:21 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Saw one for the first time tonight. Definitely need some time to soften up to it.
Old 01-20-16, 08:50 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks huge in person.
Rear is def similar to hideous Crosstour.

Styling is nothing special - media overhype imo.
Old 01-21-16, 06:42 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Looks huge in person.

I have seen a few now on the roads. It is definitely a fastback style, like the dreaded Crosstour, but it is not a hatchback. Unlike other new cars that also look like fastbacks, such as the current Sonata, the trunk lid on this new Civic does not flatten out; the trunk opening looks postage-stamp sized.

What is the use of designing fastback style cars if manufacturers refuse to make them hatchbacks? The fastback style with the conventional-style trunk makes the trunk opening incredibly small, limiting the use of the trunk to carry larger items, even if the trunk itself is large.
Old 01-21-16, 08:12 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
I have seen a few now on the roads. It is definitely a fastback style, like the dreaded Crosstour, but it is not a hatchback. Unlike other new cars that also look like fastbacks, such as the current Sonata, the trunk lid on this new Civic does not flatten out; the trunk opening looks postage-stamp sized.

What is the use of designing fastback style cars if manufacturers refuse to make them hatchbacks? The fastback style with the conventional-style trunk makes the trunk opening incredibly small, limiting the use of the trunk to carry larger items, even if the trunk itself is large.
The trunk opening is actually quite large. I also expected with the design for a compromised opening, but it cuts down quite low into the rear fascia, and so the overall opening is still quite functional, no issues that I would foresee.
Old 01-21-16, 07:05 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 02-03-16, 01:22 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts
Default Engine problem stops sale of 2016 Honda Civic

Well, that's unfortunate. My brother in law bought one of these the other day.

Honda issued a stop sale last week on 2016 Civic models with the 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine. About 34,000 vehicles are affected in the U.S.

The problem is a missing or improperly set piston pin snap ring that could cause the engine to stall or fail. Dealers have a range of Civic vehicle identification numbers for cars that can’t be sold until the repairs are complete, but replacement parts are not yet available.
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...n-ring-problem
Old 02-03-16, 04:52 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

My friend bought a 2016 EX trim two weeks ago and it's much nicer on the inside than the ILX.
Old 02-03-16, 06:58 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Looks huge in person.

my thoughts exactly...

Honda's are becoming overstyled, even the Accord refresh. Too much chrome, it's like they're trying too hard.
Old 02-03-16, 07:06 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Old 02-03-16, 07:08 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Had one of these in the shop today. This one was fully loaded with the NAV screen, etc.
Hats off to Honda. The interior is as well built as virtually any car that I have seen under $100k and I've pretty much seen them all. Begs the question, is Honda that good, or are other companies lacking behind? There was not a single rattle on any surface that you touched.

Yeah the looks are questionable, looks like a cross-eyed mini Accord Crosstour, definitely un-civic like, but solid car.
Old 02-04-16, 07:06 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Wear headphones! The audio in this video was recorded with in-ear binaural microphones. With headphones or earbuds on, you'll feel like you're actually sitting in the driver's seat.
Old 02-04-16, 07:11 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Had one of these in the shop today. This one was fully loaded with the NAV screen, etc.
Hats off to Honda. The interior is as well built as virtually any car that I have seen under $100k and I've pretty much seen them all. Begs the question, is Honda that good, or are other companies lacking behind? There was not a single rattle on any surface that you touched.

Yeah the looks are questionable, looks like a cross-eyed mini Accord Crosstour, definitely un-civic like, but solid car.
i'm going to have to agree. Honda interior quality seems to be a notch better than most of its main competitors. Corolla, Camry interiors are much inferior to Civics and Accords respectively.

Quick Reply: 2016 Honda Civic