Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Really bummed... no GS-F at the Dallas Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 06:52 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Really bummed... no GS-F at the Dallas Auto Show

All the major brands are displayed there, right up to Rolls and Bentley. No GS-F at the Lexus display.

I did get to sit in the RC350 F Sport and actually found it quite nice inside. Slightly better appointed than the IS. The touch pad was kind of awkward to use, but I'm sure in time I'd get used to it. My qualm has always been the huge protruding grille but the rest of the car has a nice presence.

On another note, since I'm in a "coupe phase" right now, I sat in the BMW 435i. The red interior is a bit too much, especially since they extend it up to the lower dashboard. Also, it just looked very plain and cheap compared to the RC and my S5. I think you can order nicer materials, like ceramic *****, but I'm not sure. If so, they should have had a car with them. I liked the outside design but inside it just fell flat for me.

I guess I'll have to wait until the GS-F hits the dealers.

Last edited by dseag2; 03-27-15 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-27-15, 07:59 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

I sat in an RCF at my dealer and I'm liking it more and more now. And the back seat is actually quite roomy, I'm surprised!
Old 03-28-15, 09:04 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
I sat in an RCF at my dealer and I'm liking it more and more now. And the back seat is actually quite roomy, I'm surprised!
Some coupes have weirdly roomy back seats. My mom and I both had a 3 series at the same time, hers was a coupe and mine was a sedan. I remember her back seat was a lot easier to fit my sons car seat in and his feet had more room back there vs my sedan. Only thing was it was difficult to get his chunky self in and out lol (he was 6 months old and looked 2).

I'm not quite sold on the RC's looks yet. I like the car though. Really excited to sit in a GSF. Afraid I'll want one!!
Old 03-28-15, 11:56 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Some coupes have weirdly roomy back seats. My mom and I both had a 3 series at the same time, hers was a coupe and mine was a sedan. I remember her back seat was a lot easier to fit my sons car seat in and his feet had more room back there vs my sedan. Only thing was it was difficult to get his chunky self in and out lol (he was 6 months old and looked 2).

I'm not quite sold on the RC's looks yet. I like the car though. Really excited to sit in a GSF. Afraid I'll want one!!
I don't like the normal RC350s, but the RCF has a different look all around and how should I say... it looks more right than weird like the 350s. lol
Old 03-28-15, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sick21

I can personally attest to the fact that neither our S5 Coupe nor our G37 Vert have weirdly roomy back seats. I've sat in both, just not for very long.

But they sure fit nice in the garage!
Old 03-29-15, 04:35 AM
Jkenny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my CT in for service and saw the RCF in the showroom and it caught my eye immediately !! Was on my mind for about a week and had to go back in to look a little closer with all intensions to purchase one. I walked in again and said wow thats a nice looking car but when I sat in it it was different story. I felt too cramped in the seat (I'm 5-10 190 lbs) and the cockpit felt small to me, seats kind of pinched me in there. I got out and said wow thats really disappointing I really wanted that car so I went over to the GS in the showroom sat down in the drivers seat and said this is the car, this rest is history, very happy with my choice.
Old 03-29-15, 10:22 AM
FishBike
Pole Position

Received 31 Likes on 3 Posts

No GS-F at the Toronto auto show earlier this winter either, which was disappointing. Based on the pictures, I don't think I like how it looks, but I wanted to see it in person because some cars look a lot better in the real world. What I would really like is the regular (non F-Sport) GS with that 8-cylinder engine in it, basically the equivalent of the BMW 550i or M-B E550.
Old 03-29-15, 12:50 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
All the major brands are displayed there, right up to Rolls and Bentley. No GS-F at the Lexus display.

I did get to sit in the RC350 F Sport and actually found it quite nice inside. Slightly better appointed than the IS. The touch pad was kind of awkward to use, but I'm sure in time I'd get used to it. My qualm has always been the huge protruding grille but the rest of the car has a nice presence.
That huge protruding grille is my favourite part of the car, the best execution of all spindle grilles thus far
Old 03-29-15, 12:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Yes, no GS F @ the Vancouver Auto Show either, and I don' t care
Old 03-29-15, 05:34 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

On another note, since I'm in a "coupe phase" right now, I sat in the BMW 435i. The red interior is a bit too much, especially since they extend it up to the lower dashboard. Also, it just looked very plain and cheap compared to the RC and my S5. I think you can order nicer materials, like ceramic *****, but I'm not sure. If so, they should have had a car with them. I liked the outside design but inside it just fell flat for me.

I guess I'll have to wait until the GS-F hits the dealers.
i dont think there are huge changes inside between GS-F and GS F-Sport/Facelift... but with suspension and engine there should be quite a difference.

RC interior seems like thats where IS facelift should go... small changes to some plastic and more leather makes a lot nicer impression.
Old 03-29-15, 06:45 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
That huge protruding grille is my favourite part of the car, the best execution of all spindle grilles thus far
Well, to each his own. I do know you have great taste in cars (seems you had a 1st Gen G35 Coupe at one time too?), so I'm sure it will grow on me. I've always said, even if I don't like it, it is a great way to avoid rock chips in paint since the grille is the entire front of the car.
Old 03-29-15, 11:38 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Have yet to see a RC-F or the GS-F seen a few RCs though looks much better in person I must say though..I am assuming there is only one GS-F around and it's here at the NYIAS this week and next, if I go i'll take some pictures for all to see.
Old 03-30-15, 05:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I've always said, even if I don't like it, it is a great way to avoid rock chips in paint since the grille is the entire front of the car.
LOL, great one.
Old 03-30-15, 12:55 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea the clear bra for the front bumper isnt that big since the grille takes up most of it