Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus RX getting brake checked on freeway from WRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 05:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
You know, I heard a tuner is selling 500hp Evo X for ~52K. Can't go wrong with that.
I hate tuner cars, so many non-exotic cars that come stock with 500hp+ now a days, don't need to have those obnoxious tuner car's hassles anymore.
Old 03-13-15, 12:33 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I rarely see WRX/STI drivers drive courteously. Same goes for most newer Mustangs and Camaros. I hope insurance rates nab them a bit.
Unfortunately insurance does nab us. I have a clean driving record(knock on wood) but the insurance for my Mustang cost more than my Corvette. In fact, it cost almost as much as my Vette and Tundra combined! I figured it was the type of car and the type of drivers it usually attracts.

And your right. I do see a lot of Mustang owners who drives recklessly as well as the other cars you mentioned.
Old 03-13-15, 12:36 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

video is BS.

You see in the first 5 seconds, the RX speeds up behind the wrx. RX is not driving steadily compared to the cars in the second lane.
If RX really wasn't looking for trouble, he would be driving at a steady speed.

I'm with the few of you here, the RX must have done some dumb s***
Old 03-13-15, 02:44 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 199 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
I find this generalization about WRX/STI drivers being really offensive.

Most Audi drivers who are biggest dicks on the road

BMW drivers in general are dicks.

To add to the list, Honda Accord drivers of any generation are total *******s. .
So you're offended when drivers of one model get stereotyped, even though by your own admission it holds true for fully half of the drivers of said model. Then without breaking stride, you issue the exact same malignment to two whole brands and another model. This is the definition of hypocrisy.

Last edited by geko29; 03-13-15 at 02:47 AM.
Old 03-13-15, 07:20 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXMike
Good to hear.

Has anyone found a thread on the Subaru forums? If so post it up.
This is where I first saw this

http://jalopnik.com/cops-use-road-ra...g-w-1690532761
Old 03-13-15, 01:49 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is too funny, but not. This is a common occurrence where I live. I see this kind of thing and sometimes much worse almost on a daily basis. Welcome to south Florida.
Old 03-13-15, 02:16 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
So you're offended when drivers of one model get stereotyped, even though by your own admission it holds true for fully half of the drivers of said model. Then without breaking stride, you issue the exact same malignment to two whole brands and another model. This is the definition of hypocrisy.
I was sarcastic on the first sentence. I did admit half of WRX/STI drivers drive like an ***.
Old 03-13-15, 06:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
video is BS.

You see in the first 5 seconds, the RX speeds up behind the wrx. RX is not driving steadily compared to the cars in the second lane.
If RX really wasn't looking for trouble, he would be driving at a steady speed.

I'm with the few of you here, the RX must have done some dumb s***
it is not BS, other driver that filmed it, explained how it went down and it was in OP

The Subaru came from behind at around 100mph in moderate morning traffic. He cut from the fast lane to the slow lane and got trapped behind this Lexus. Subaru was honking and tailgating for a mile or two. Lexus remained calm with the Subaru behind him and maintained a slow but constant speed. Lexus never brake checked Subaru. Subaru then passes Lexus on the shoulder. 0:02 rolls down window and throws something at Lexus. 4

Once in front of the Lexus he starts brake checking him. The Lexus came close to crashing into him twice. The Subaru threw a couple of bottles at him later at the interchange and they both went on their merry ways on different freeways.5

I thought the Subaru was having some sort of emergency and had to get to the hospital or something, he was driving that crazy. Then he started brake checking and throwing bottles so in the end he was just a douche. 6
he was in slowest lane... it is certainly his fault, what exactly should the Lexus driver do, speed up just so this guy can pass? No sense at all.