Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus RX getting brake checked on freeway from WRX

Old 03-12-15, 12:13 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
I am thinking the same thing, the RX must have done something to pissed off the Subie guy.
Its possible the RX was driving below the speed limit for those 2 miles....that would certainly drive me up the wall.
Old 03-12-15, 12:39 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Its possible the RX was driving below the speed limit for those 2 miles....that would certainly drive me up the wall.
That's likely what happened but no reason to throw things out the window. Especially when there are 3 other lanes to your left. Debris could have hit other cars. Besides we saw him hop the shoulder at the end and pass the red corolla at the end, with maneuvers like that I'm surprised he was hanging in the slow lane to begin with and not weaving in and out of traffic. What a clown.
Old 03-12-15, 12:43 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
That's likely what happened but no reason to throw things out the window. Especially when there are 3 other lanes to your left. Debris could have hit other cars. Besides we saw him hop the shoulder at the end and pass the red corolla at the end, with maneuvers like that I'm surprised he was hanging in the slow lane to begin with and not weaving in and out of traffic. What a clown.
The slow lane is the passing lane in the U.S.

The fast lane is all clogged up with hypermiling Prius
Old 03-12-15, 12:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

If you look at the traffic pattern in the U.S., it looks like a right hand drive car's country, the left fast lane is full bumper to bumper with everyone going a constant 70~75 mph. The right slow lane is empty with everyone passing on it going 100 mph.

It is hilarious and sad at the same time
Old 03-12-15, 12:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The slow lane is the passing lane in the U.S.

The fast lane is all clogged up with hypermiling Prius
Sadly it's a correct stereotype. Though here in the Bay Area that slow Prius is turning into a slow Tesla S . That doesn't stop me from following Autobahn etiquette though, tailgating them until they move over to the right. Those self entitled Access OK EV and PHEV clowns
Old 03-12-15, 01:57 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find this generalization about WRX/STI drivers being really offensive. As someone traded in 2IS for 2015WRX. I've met a lot of Northwest WRX/STI guys, half of them are responsible. The ones who drive like ***** are the old gen WRX drivers, people who are not professional and can't afford a brand new car.

Most Audi drivers who are biggest dicks on the road "older gen Audis", people who can afford a brand new Audi are professional people. Not saying there is no New Audi drivers being like a ****.

BMW drivers in general are dicks. Doesn't matter what generation they own. I see a few nice BMW drivers every now and then, but the rest are basically the worst.

To add to the list, Honda Accord drivers of any generation are total *******s. They will brake check me for no reason at all "or maybe because of my flashy World Rally Blue WRX". That is at least what happens here in Washington State.
Old 03-12-15, 01:57 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Sadly it's a correct stereotype. Though here in the Bay Area that slow Prius is turning into a slow Tesla S . That doesn't stop me from following Autobahn etiquette though, tailgating them until they move over to the right. Those self entitled Access OK EV and PHEV clowns
Interesting, Model S down here are all P85 hauling *** battling with Panamera Turbo

P85D are appearing more often now, looking for Panamera Turbo S

The closer you tailgate, the slower they go. I'll just go around them like the STi shown above.......just kidding, I would never do that. Or not
Old 03-12-15, 02:01 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cino
I find this conversation about WRX/STI drivers being really offensive. As someone traded in 2IS for 2015WRX. I've met a lot of Northwest WRX/STI guys, half of them are responsible. The ones who drive like ***** are the old gen WRX drivers, people who are not professional and can't afford a brand new car.

Most Audi drivers who are biggest dicks on the road "older gen Audis", people who can afford a brand new Audi are professional people. Not saying there is no New Audi drivers being like a ****.

BMW drivers in general are dicks. Doesn't matter what generation they own. I see a few nice BMW drivers every now and then, but they are basically the worst.

To add to the list, Honda Accord drivers of any generation are total *******s. They will brake check me for no reason at all "or maybe because of my flashy World Rally Blue WRX". That is at least what happens here in Washington State.
I pay top dollar for a brand new 2004 STi and I was the most reckless dicks on the road for 6 years. How I used to drive make the above WRX driver look polite.

I must be the exception

I thank god I got older and don't drive like that anymore. My biggest fear is to commit an involuntary vehicular manslaughter
Old 03-12-15, 02:02 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I pay top dollar for a brand new 2004 STi and I was the most reckless dicks on the road for 6 years.

I must be the exception
California thing, I guess.
Old 03-12-15, 02:07 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

California thing, I guess.
I think so. Californian haul ***.

My STi was tuned to 350 hp and I also had a 450 hp GTR, I am at full throttle as much as possible and I still get smoked all the time. Every single 911 Turbo I encountered, they smoked me

I need to go buy a 911 Turbo to re-live my youth.
Old 03-12-15, 02:14 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

I think so. Californian haul ***.

My STi was tuned to 350 hp and I also had a 450 hp GTR, I am at full throttle as much as possible and I still get smoked all the time. Every single 911 Turbo I encountered, they smoked me

I need to go buy a 911 Turbo to re-live my youth.
Buy a Miata and Drop C7 V8 in there.
Old 03-12-15, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I find this generalization about WRX/STI drivers being really offensive.

BMW drivers in general are dicks. Doesn't matter what generation they own. I see a few nice BMW drivers every now and then, but the rest are basically the worst.

A stereotype or generalization does not include all drivers of that vehicle by any means. You are apparently one of the exceptions, and most of us respect that. But that does not change the fact that a number of drivers of some vehicles do tend to be reckless.....in my experience, from what I've seen, that includes the Mustang GT/Cobra/SVT more than any other specific vehicle, then the BMW 3-series, then the WRX/STi and Mitsubishi Evo. I've especially seen a lot of young high-school students hurt or killed in Mustangs while drag-racing or driving foolishly.
Old 03-12-15, 02:20 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Buy a Miata and Drop C7 V8 in there.
You must have 4WD to win street battle, on the street is mostly 0-100 mph drag

911 Turbo, Nissan GTR, EVO, STi, Golf R, Continential GT, P85D.........are king of street racing.

2WD and huge power is lame, just sit there spinning tires. I drove my friend's 1000 hp 2WD Mustang, that car is slow and useless on the street.

I actually saw a Continential SuperSport 0-80 drag a S65 at full throttle, the S65 lost by a city block.
Old 03-12-15, 04:07 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

You must have 4WD to win street battle, on the street is mostly 0-100 mph drag

911 Turbo, Nissan GTR, EVO, STi, Golf R, Continential GT, P85D.........are king of street racing.

2WD and huge power is lame, just sit there spinning tires. I drove my friend's 1000 hp 2WD Mustang, that car is slow and useless on the street.

I actually saw a Continential SuperSport 0-80 drag a S65 at full throttle, the S65 lost by a city block.
You know, I heard a tuner is selling 500hp Evo X for ~52K. Can't go wrong with that.

I totally enjoy having my rear hanging out than to win any drag race. Doesn't matter how fast they go, I will catch up in a few minutes anyway.
Old 03-12-15, 04:23 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

It seemed like the RX was the one doing the tailgating.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus RX getting brake checked on freeway from WRX