Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dallas Performance: time for next stage

Old 03-02-15, 07:19 PM
Bloodline
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas Performance: time for next stage

Ok so it's been almost a year after having my Superleggera built by Dallas Performance with their stage 3 twin turbo kit. I absolutely LOVE IT!! I beat on this car as often as I can, and drive it whenever the weather allows. I've taken it drag racing (ran a 9.9X @ 164 in my first and only time to the drag strip in it), to other race events (won the Arionza No Fly Zone, half mile race at 208 mph), and frequently hit over 180 mph on the street. On the other hand it is so steetable that I even let my fiancé drive it around and to and from work. Car had one issue and that was when I went up to OKC to race a couple weeks ago. Headlight button and traction control button didn't work. Called Taylor and he immediately got back to me. Per his advice, I unplugged the battery and problem solved. The car is everything I wanted, fast, reliable and the sound is incredible.

People have asked me about DP's customer service, I couldn't be happier. Taylor has responded to any question or concern I had within minutes of texting him. Anything from what I mentioned above, to questions I was asked at car shows, what oil was best, anything. In fact, when I drove to Dallas to pick up the car when it was complete (3 1/2 hours one way), I got a call from Taylor when I was 10 minutes away. Got to the shop and the stock transmission broke as he was testing the car and trying to add in more power on the street knowing I was trying to go to Street Car Takeover in Oklahoma City. He was very apologetic. He gave me a barrel of MS109 for free, installed a fire supression system for free, even offered to buy my gas for driving down there. They then fixed it for me (no charge) and they delivered it to me so I wouldn't have to make the drive again.

I'm actually so pleased with how the car performs and Dallas Performance in general, that I just took the car back to them for their Race Spec 2 package. So I'll update this thread with pictures over the next couple weeks as she gets built and hoping for 1800+whp. Trying to have it ready by Texas Invitational but that might be pushing it, I know they are super busy.

Didn't hear the honk and still caught him
Old 04-03-15, 04:12 PM
Bloodline
Driver School Candidate

Well got busy the last few weeks so haven't had a chance to update this thread, but there's been progress on the car. On top of the car being built, I'm now sponsored by ADV1. Also wanted to say Taylor blew me away with his customer service once again. Car had ZERO issues when I took the car back to him. Yet, he let me know yesterday that he had the motor freshened up (new rings, bearings, etc) because he knows I drive the car hard. At no cost to me. Can't beat that We're still trying to have it done for Texas Invitational. Keeping my fingers crossed. Here's some pictures of the some things going on with the car and a picture of the wheels I'm going with.

Motors out

Went with the combo black polished billet intake manifold. I like to keep the look of the engine bay as is so didn't want all polished but do like the small touch of it since it matches the clamps

Underside of intake manifold

This is the roll bar they fabricated for me. They had to custom make this one since I'm so tall and my seat leans further back.

And here's the wheels I'm going with in Matte Bronze ADV005 M.V2 CS

Old 04-06-15, 12:28 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck at TI. The GTR's are coming strong!!! Wish I could be there...
Old 04-08-15, 07:52 PM
Bloodline
Driver School Candidate

Since TI got canceled for this weekend, I just told Taylor to not rush getting the car done. I'm ready to see some GTR headlights in the rearview

Old 04-09-15, 10:40 AM
rkyat
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome car/build.
Old 04-12-15, 07:00 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

that is one fast car already... can't imagine 1800hp....