Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What will Clarkson think of the RC F? Thoughts?

Old 03-02-15, 12:24 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Lexus needs to use aluminum for all exterior panels that aren't already plastic
Old 03-02-15, 01:40 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Imagine how tough his review of the GS-F is going to be
Old 03-02-15, 02:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

just watched the video and I agree with the conclusion of " Lexus could have done better ". Thats a fact. If you dont think so you should look back at the history of Lexus. Just my 2 cents ( Ive owned a GS350, LS460 and ISF in 8 years...........I know they can do better than this )
Old 03-02-15, 06:38 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Such disappointment. All that waiting for Lexus to build a proper coupe - and they come out with a dud.
Old 03-02-15, 07:05 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Welcome back Och.
Old 03-02-15, 07:13 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Such disappointment. All that waiting for Lexus to build a proper coupe - and they come out with a dud.
read the reviews thread and get back to us, youve been gone a long time. Nearly all the reviewers like the car and recognize its merits, and theres only a very few that dont.
Old 03-02-15, 07:19 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Welcome back Och.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
read the reviews thread and get back to us, youve been gone a long time. Nearly all the reviewers like the car and recognize its merits, and theres only a very few that dont.

It's fine in its own merit, but its about 10 years too late to be competitive.
Old 03-02-15, 07:22 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
It's fine in its own merit, but its about 10 years too late to be competitive.
laptimes may surprise you

Old 03-02-15, 07:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

the video shows that the RCF is objectively comparable on that track. Imagine what they car would feel like if it weighed the same as the M4. Its like they didnt even try to reduce mass. When a car weighs a quarter ton more than the competitor that not only not the same neighborhood.........its not even the same town. Its a shame that the chassis is so burdened with so much assss. If weights were the same the RCF would be the champion and probably better dynamically than the M4.

Mass is literally the worst thing for any performance car. It affects acceleration, braking, handling, weight transfer.....you name it. I know they are praying for weight advantage with the GSF, but the RCF its like they didnt even try .
Old 03-02-15, 08:26 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
the video shows that the RCF is objectively comparable on that track. Imagine what they car would feel like if it weighed the same as the M4. Its like they didnt even try to reduce mass. When a car weighs a quarter ton more than the competitor that not only not the same neighborhood.........its not even the same town. Its a shame that the chassis is so burdened with so much assss. If weights were the same the RCF would be the champion and probably better dynamically than the M4.

Mass is literally the worst thing for any performance car. It affects acceleration, braking, handling, weight transfer.....you name it. I know they are praying for weight advantage with the GSF, but the RCF its like they didnt even try .
It's heavy because they chose the middle section of the IS-C as part of the platform, this was done to to make the car stiff enough to support an eventual convertible version that for some reason has now been axed.
Old 03-02-15, 08:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
It looks like a C class coupe so its not double pane, but yes it is very difficult to break glass on a cars. Thieves should invest in those picks you use when you drive into a lake
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you mean to post this reply in the thread about the thief, the brick, and the Mercedes instead of this thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8935939
Old 03-02-15, 08:59 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I go to review a car and try to define it's character while noticing it's near 2T weight, words such as agile, lithe and whip doesn't come to mind. At 2T you've arrived into the neighborhood of boulevard cruiser. While fast, strong, comfortable and beautiful it's no leopard. More like a lion....and that's just fine
Old 03-02-15, 09:33 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you mean to post this reply in the thread about the thief, the brick, and the Mercedes instead of this thread?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ml#post8935939
haha yeah I was wondering where that post went...lol
Old 03-02-15, 10:07 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
It's heavy because they chose the middle section of the IS-C as part of the platform, this was done to to make the car stiff enough to support an eventual convertible version that for some reason has now been axed.
basically car is a GS-F coupe with IS interior... obviously it is not ideal, but does not make it a horrible car... Autoexpress that usually does not rate any Lexus well, just gave it 4/5 stars with comments how it handles and drives well.

Head down a twisting back road and the Lexus impresses with its poise and balance. Despite tipping the scales at a hefty 1,765kg, the RC F turns in well, grips hard and has good body control, plus the steering has a natural response and decent feedback, helping the RC F to feel more approachable than the occasionally edgy M4.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/lexus/r...us-rc-f-review
Old 03-02-15, 10:09 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
lexus is taking the big fat grille too far, making it bigger and bigger. This one looks like one screaming gaping mouth, and it does look quite hideous next to the LFA the way they showed it.
i agree. The spindle grill looks great on the GS F Sport and the IS non F Sport to me. All the other implementation of it on other models are hideous. Just look how huge they are on Toyotas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What will Clarkson think of the RC F? Thoughts?