Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

S63 finally arrived.

Old 02-09-15, 10:58 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks fantastic......and it's great to know that you can opt for the three-spoke steering wheel (like in the S Class Coupe)

and not be stuck with the 2-spoke Clown Steering Wheel

Last edited by Blackraven; 02-09-15 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-09-15, 02:34 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. This car is just in another world right now. As I am told however, the non AMG S-Class has pretty much the same safety features. which would make it one heck of a car. I really hope Lexus stop dragging their feet and get the new LS out.

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations.....that's a LOT of car.

I notice you live in Japan...and your car, of course, is the JDM right-hand drive version. Did you have to pay a lot of additional taxes on a car of that size, weight, and engine-size? I know some European countries tax the hell out of cars like this.....not sure about Japan.

Even here in the U.S., of course, we have a Federal Gas-Guzzler tax on AMGs and similar large-engined high-performance vehicles, but, comparable, it's nowhere near what some European countries charge.
We get taxed according to engine volume and car size, which ever is in the higher tax bracket becomes the tax standard for that car. However, on a car this size, it does not matter if it was only a 2500cc engine, it would get taxed the same as the 6000cc S-600. But as I understand it , we don't have a performance car tax so to speak. Still, taxes are pretty bad for full sized sedans etc.

Originally Posted by Blackraven
That looks fantastic......and it's great to know that you can opt for the three-spoke steering wheel (like in the S Class Coupe)

I love this steering wheel, it is quite a bit thicker than the standard S-Class wheel.
Old 02-09-15, 08:02 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Congratulations on a whole lot of wow mobile

Did you get the Burmeister hifi and/or the executive rear seating stuff (heated and cooled cup holders, ooh baby)?

Also, is your car 4matic equipped?
Old 02-10-15, 01:53 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

From what I understand, no 4matic S-Class in RHD due to position of the steering column ...
Old 02-10-15, 04:40 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven

You can special order the coupe steering wheel. No one does though because it costs so much.
Old 02-10-15, 05:29 AM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I approve of this acquisition.
Old 02-10-15, 12:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

wow, big congrats, it looks great!!!!!!!!!

i didn't know they have black wheels as option. can't wait to hear more from you on the car
Old 02-10-15, 10:27 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Congratulations on a whole lot of wow mobile

Did you get the Burmeister hifi and/or the executive rear seating stuff (heated and cooled cup holders, ooh baby)?

Also, is your car 4matic equipped?
I got standard with the Burmeister hifi, there is a 3D hifi system or something like that, but I did not get that. Also back seat heating is standard, are you talking about the seat heater plus? They also have a chauffeurs package, but I did not want or really need that.
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
From what I understand, no 4matic S-Class in RHD due to position of the steering column ...
Yes the real wheel drive is only available in RHD and the 4 Matic is only available in LHD.

Originally Posted by rominl
wow, big congrats, it looks great!!!!!!!!!

i didn't know they have black wheels as option. can't wait to hear more from you on the car
They call this option the "AMG Dynamic Package", it comes with the black forged 10 spoke wheel, the AMG drivers package, the red calipers and performance steering. Like I said before , I wanted a drivers car this time around.

Last edited by Dave600hL; 02-10-15 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-11-15, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
I got standard with the Burmeister hifi, there is a 3D hifi system or something like that, but I did not get that. Also back seat heating is standard, are you talking about the seat heater plus? They also have a chauffeurs package, but I did not want or really need that.

Yes the real wheel drive is only available in RHD and the 4 Matic is only available in LHD.

They call this option the "AMG Dynamic Package", it comes with the black forged 10 spoke wheel, the AMG drivers package, the red calipers and performance steering. Like I said before , I wanted a drivers car this time around.
cool! all the s63 i have seen here so far are without black wheels (dont recall calipers though), i wonder if such package (if available) is different here

either way, go drive more and let us know how it is!
Old 02-11-15, 04:33 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

cool! all the s63 i have seen here so far are without black wheels (dont recall calipers though), i wonder if such package (if available) is different here
Black wheels are optional on all AMG vehicles here.
Old 02-11-15, 10:02 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Such a beauty....
But you can keep the car. I want the house !
Old 02-12-15, 04:27 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

either way, go drive more and let us know how it is!
This car is just so effortless and with the windows up you can barely hear the exhaust, but put them down if you want to hear a beautiful engine. I am very impressed with this car.
Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Such a beauty....
But you can keep the car. I want the house !
LOL, I have been thinking about redoing the garage into something a lot bigger. Thanks for the compliment BTW.
Old 02-12-15, 12:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
This car is just so effortless and with the windows up you can barely hear the exhaust, but put them down if you want to hear a beautiful engine. I am very impressed with this car.

LOL, I have been thinking about redoing the garage into something a lot bigger. Thanks for the compliment BTW.
when i saw the pic i actually thought wow he needs a bigger garage -- much bigger one

it's good to hear that inside of the car you don't hear much exhaust sound!!
Old 02-12-15, 02:27 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

it's good to hear that inside of the car you don't hear much exhaust sound!!
Yeah.....though I haven't been specifically in a new S63, the S-Class, in general, is just about as quiet as new non-hybrid gas-powered cars get these days. It's more or less the equal of the LS460 in that regard.
Old 02-13-15, 10:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

congrats. Thats the validictorian of the auto world.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S63 finally arrived.