Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Facelifted 2016 Acura RDX Heads to Chicago Auto Show

Old 02-01-15, 10:33 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
nothing desperate at all. if you hadn't noticed, the rdx sells like crazy anyway, so a bunch of tech and trim upgrades should ensure continued great success.
Sells like crazy? I thought it was struggling. I've rarely see any here in L.A.
Old 02-01-15, 10:52 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Thanks for the correction, the web site I posted must be all wet!
Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
This post is a bit confusing. I'd take out the above pink SUV and throw it into a different post with a different title. It's not the freshened RDX, as now pointed out.

The Internet is now so full of personal blogs that every car "enthusiast" wants to have a say about what the next big thing is. Some idiot who should know better hears "new (refreshed) Acura", sees "new Acura (concept)" on someone else's blog and naturally puts 2+2=5 and posts that on his blog. That is then passed along from one unkowing idiot to another.
Old 02-01-15, 01:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

they sold about 50k in 2014, not too shabby for a vehicle that's pretty old without a lot of the latest gadgets.

and LA is its own universe.
Old 02-01-15, 01:14 PM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
The Internet is now so full of personal blogs that every car "enthusiast" wants to have a say about what the next big thing is. Some idiot who should know better hears "new (refreshed) Acura", sees "new Acura (concept)" on someone else's blog and naturally puts 2+2=5 and posts that on his blog. That is then passed along from one unkowing idiot to another.
Thanks Sulu, kowing? I made a mistake, sorry. I hope you never do, I'll be watching.

I deleted my post and hope spwolf would delete his then all images will be gone.
Old 02-01-15, 01:20 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
they sold about 50k in 2014, not too shabby for a vehicle that's pretty old without a lot of the latest gadgets.

and LA is its own universe.
Yup, the RDX is the best selling CUV in the segment. The model is well established, so as they add features and technology, and prices potentially go up, it's in a good position.
Old 02-01-15, 01:43 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i see them all over LA. Saw 10 of them just yesterday at a Costco
Old 02-01-15, 05:44 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

I swear I never see any of the new body style RDX. Plenty of the older ones though. My ex had the facelifted first gen and it made for a great Vegas roadtrip unit.
Old 02-02-15, 08:56 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I swear I never see any of the new body style RDX. Plenty of the older ones though. My ex had the facelifted first gen and it made for a great Vegas roadtrip unit.
you probably had seen them but they're not easy to spot as they look so bland and boring.
Old 02-02-15, 09:54 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by stlgrym3
you probably had seen them but they're not easy to spot as they look so bland and boring.
good one.

between sorento, cx-9, rdx, and some others, they're all pretty bland.
Old 02-02-15, 01:08 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

You may seen many of them without realizing it. They look a lot like the MDX so they are easily mistaken.
Old 02-09-15, 01:01 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acura RDX facelift spied with minor changes ahead of this week's reveal

Click here to view more photos

Debuts on Thursday

We just received a batch of spy images with the 2016 Acura RDX facelift which has already been confirmed for a full reveal on Thursday.

Introduced in the beginning of 2012, the second-gen RDX compact crossover is about to receive a subtle nip & tuck judging by the light camouflage on this prototype. The white disguise has been applied only on the lighting clusters and front grille while the rest of the car appears to be virtually identical.

Bigger changes are planned on the inside where Acura says they have increased dynamics and comfort while the NVH levels have been diminished.

We remind you the 2015 Acura RDX has a 3.5-liter V6 naturally aspirated gasoline engine rated at 273 bhp (204 kW) and a peak torque of 251 lb-ft (340 Nm. The motor is coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission sending power to either a front- or all-wheel drive layout. Without going into details, Acura says the facelifted RDX will come with "important improvements to performance" so expect a power hike and other mechanical upgrades.

The 2016MY RDX will be revealed in full on Thursday at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show during the first press day.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11502098...-ahead-of-this
Old 02-10-15, 10:25 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Visually, it does looks like the exact same updates as the ILX. Wish they'd add a chrome tailpipe. It's one of the easiest ways to give a vehicle some refined flash.
Old 02-12-15, 12:48 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Acura says the facelifted RDX will come with "important improvements to performance" so expect a power hike and other mechanical upgrades.
Maybe the 9-Speed Auto
Old 02-12-15, 07:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Visually, it does looks like the exact same updates as the ILX. Wish they'd add a chrome tailpipe. It's one of the easiest ways to give a vehicle some refined flash.

i agree that a chrome pipe looks nice, but it can be a PITA to keep the opening clean.
Old 02-12-15, 09:32 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acura Takes Covers Off Refreshed 2016 RDX Compact Premium SUV

The newly refreshed and hot-selling Acura RDX crossover just made its debut at the Chicago Auto Show, featuring both performance as well as styling upgrades.

The 2016 Acura RDX will be available in dealerships this spring, where it will be introducing a new, more powerful 3.5 liter i-VTEC V6 engine, an expanded list of AcuraWatch safety and driver-assistive technologies, as well as a host of new luxury features and tech, such as the Advanced Package adding things like rain sensing wipers, front fog lights, bi-directional keyless remote engine start or ventilated front seats.

Aesthetically, the 2016 RDX features a restyled front and rear fascia, Acura signature Jewel Eye LED headlights and LED taillights with light-pipe design, and a new three-dimensional grille. It's not a big departure from the non-facelifted model, but it definitely helps make the car look more modern and dynamic.

Inside, there are new trim levels such as the already mentioned Advanced Package, or the Technology Package which adds a new 8-way adjustable power passenger's front seat (4-way in base models), duel screen on-demand Multi-Information Display, HD Radio, Blind Spot Information and Rear Cross Traffic Monitor.

Under the hood, it's new 3.5 liter SOHC i-VTEC V6 engine uses Variable Cylinder Management (VCM) cylinder deactivation technology. Max HP and torque figures have risen to 279 HP (+6 HP) and 252 lb-ft (+ 1 lb-ft) respectively, while the torque curve has been tweaked for more immediate response under acceleration. The VCM system allows for deactivation of two of the engine's 6 cylinders, helping improve highway fuel economy by 1 mpg - 19/28 mpg for AWD models and 20/29 mpg for FWD models (city/highway).

Dynamically, the RDX has an updated steering control system and increased suspension mount stiffness, which together with their intelligent AWD system should make this car a bit more fun to drive, by giving it greater rear torque bias to increase stability and all-weather performance. It's 9 speed automatic gearbox should also help not just with economy and performance but also with prestige within the premium SUV segment.

"The RDX ended on a high note in 2014, posting its best sales year ever, but at Acura, we are not content in resting on our laurels," said Mike Accavitti, senior vice president and general manager of Acura. "The 2016 RDX gets a major infusion of Acura brand DNA including enhancements to styling, driving performance, and exciting new luxury feature-content, further solidifying its place as the one to beat in the entry luxury SUV segment."

Both the Acura RDX as well as the MDX have formed quite the 1-2 punch last year, outselling German rivals such as the BMW X3 and X5 duo or the Audi Q5 and Q7 duo.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/acu...eshed-rdx.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Facelifted 2016 Acura RDX Heads to Chicago Auto Show