GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-15, 05:38 AM
ChickenIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice looking car inside. Still can't get over these front grill/bumpers.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus debuts 2016 GS F-shark.jpg  
Old 02-10-15, 12:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I whole heartedly agree Henry. I will never forgot the day i layed my eyes on the '98 GS400 then once more at the power/performance figure. I miss those days with much anticipation for what the future holds for the GS brand thats been side stepped for close to a decade.

Now the GS is back in the game, i wonder what Lexus has in mind to compete against the 4 door coupe segment.
not taking credit away from the 4gs, it's a good car and the chassis has so much potential imho. it's just the overall accounting department vs marketing department vs engineering department thing that makes this car in the middle of nowhere and thus a little loss. it's just hard to slot this car imho.

i truly agree that when it comes to high performance cars (in larger chassis), lexus is not entirely ready. but comparing between waiting longer (like we haven't waited for over a decade) vs what we see here, i am not sure if this gets the right traction for lexus.
Old 02-10-15, 01:11 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbwb
There was a car in the photos?

oh youre right, had to look a lot closer
Old 02-11-15, 02:56 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
every Lexus that received bigger spindle sold better... so thats GX, LX, LS, RX... It might be polarizing, but people who like it, end up buying it.

GS is pretty booring these days, right up there with ES... full spindle will suit it nicely, i doubt that F-Sport will look that much difference, similar to RC-F and RC F-Sport, there will be big differences for us who follow it, but for regular folks F-Sport will have full spindle and look very similar.
This is so true...while some people on the internet are complaining (no really people on the internet are complaining) about the spindle, Lexus has seen raising sales in tandem with MB and BMW and hitting big time sales with the spindle and aggressive design language that goes with it. People like to be different and special and right now you need to be bold to be different. For the most part, younger buyers go with luxury to be different, older buyers go with luxury to be comfortable.

Can Lexus hit #1 in 2015? Forget the, "Spindle grill looks like predator" haters, this is going to be an exciting year for Lexus.
Old 02-11-15, 04:09 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,096 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Can Lexus hit #1 in 2015?
i find the question to be meaningless as lexus is not really comparable to any other brand.

Forget the, "Spindle grill looks like predator" haters, this is going to be an exciting year for Lexus.
haha, yeah agree on that and rather than #1, i look forward to much bigger lexus sales either way.
Old 02-11-15, 09:57 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
This is the money shot for the GS-F:

This will be a very desirable car.
Not if its priced at 80k+
Specs are way too weak imo
If its priced as 550i / M3 competitor then it can get a little following.

Even RCF hasn't really generated much buzz, forum here is quiet.

Old 02-11-15, 11:03 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

since when does a performance Lexus generate buzz? when the mainstream car journalists are firmly in BMW Kool-aid land?

It's only when actual real-world comparison tests start coming out (i don't count BMW propaganda) and Lexus starts kicking German butt does the world situp and take notice.

Already, impartial head to head tests are trickling in with the RCF coming out on top of the M4.

Same with the GSF : will be ridiculed initially by journalists just going off paper specs but who will eat their words once GSF starts embarrassing M5 on the track.

Just an informal head-count : who here is willing to OPENLY bet that the GSF will pull faster lap times than an M5 on the track?

Last edited by natnut; 02-12-15 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-11-15, 11:20 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Doesn't really matter IMO, if this is its natural environment:

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F-shmuscf.jpg

Actually in that environment the GS-F with its looks, rarity, noise, and dat paint job will rek any M5.
Old 02-11-15, 11:50 PM
Nights
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Best wait for real performance figures rather than just conduct paper reviews right? I mean, everyone pasted the RCF prior to reviews, yet track times seem very similar.

And if it's 80k, that seriously undercuts M5's price.
Old 02-12-15, 03:35 AM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nights
Best wait for real performance figures rather than just conduct paper reviews right? I mean, everyone pasted the RCF prior to reviews, yet track times seem very similar.

The RC-F is stronger on paper than its competition . I think the weigth was the great concern here. But as we all know by now, Lexus lower torque, linear power and softer chassi makes it a lot easier to drive for inexperienced people.

GS-F is the other way around in terms of weight and power. The issue here is that the current 5 series is an old car by now and will be replaced by the time GS-F arrives to customers. GS-F should have arrived 2 years ago.
Old 02-12-15, 05:22 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nights

Sure lesser price which is good.....but with only less than 500 HP, there is no way that this car will keep up with an M5 CP, RS6/RS7, E63 AMG, Jag XFR and CTS-V

Rather, this Lexus GS F will be more of an S6/550i competitor....
Old 02-12-15, 05:32 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Sure lesser price which is good.....but with only less than 500 HP, there is no way that this car will keep up with an M5 CP, RS6/RS7, E63 AMG, Jag XFR and CTS-V

Rather, this Lexus GS F will be more of an S6/550i competitor....
True it will be a 550i/650i/S6/E550 competitor I was hoping Lexus would surprise us with at least 500hp...
Old 04-20-15, 11:51 AM
damtachoa
Pole Position

I'm waiting for this car. Anyone has any news on it?

Old 04-23-15, 06:51 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

In the city, the M5's power advantage and better straightline acceleration would be wasted. and meaningless for all practical intents and purposes.

On a winding road, the M5's heavyweight chassis would be embarrassed by the lighter more agile GS chassis. GS would easily be more enjoyable.

On a track, it would get interesting but I suspect the M5's tendency to plough through corners would outweigh its advantage on the straights.

Those comparing an M5 competition package/ M5 specials to the GSF on the track are comparing a BMW with easily $20,000 USD price premium to the GSF. For that price,I would pretty much expect the M5 to win. But the reality is that the GSF might still beat the M5 Competition Pack. It's essentially racing a shortwheel base 7 series against a car in-between a 5 series and a 3 series in size/weight.

So it all boils down to impressing your neighbors/coworkers with how your 0-60 and hp enhances your manhood LOL if you so choose the M5.
Old 04-23-15, 07:14 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
So it all boils down to impressing your neighbors/coworkers with how your 0-60 and hp enhances your manhood LOL if you so choose the M5.
Your use of tortured logic is commendable .

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F