GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 10:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

speaking of which, e60 m5, na v10 500hp, 4000lb. i have to agree, that's one great machine.

incredible story from 2006

Last edited by rominl; 01-19-15 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-19-15, 12:07 PM
Mr Bond
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
In reality, all the excess horsepower of the M5,E63 and RS7 is just consolation prize for the fact that these cars are no longer fun to drive except at life threatening/law breaking speeds. Reason : weight, turbo lag,Nose heaviness list goes on.

GS-F is far more purist in its approach : RWD,V8,predictable, progressive engine/throttle response,relative light weight.

The GS-F might be a return to the roots of a true driving enthusiast's car : fun to drive anytime, any speed.
But people buy them, the very same people already having the "much better" older version. Why just not keep it if the new model sucks ? Simply because the new one is better in almost every way.

There is, and has always been, something special about old school cars in the same way as older people always speaks about how good it was "back in those days". Our kids will probably do the same. I recall the reaction to putting a V8 in a M car back in the 90ties very well, many BMW fans described it like the end of days. Im pretty sure that a car like M5 E39 is the perfect and best M5 until you drive it.
Old 01-20-15, 08:04 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a GS owner, I must say that I am very UNIMPRESSED with the GS-F.

The price will be very high, styling is not good, and its heavy.

Germans will build far better with the new upcoming M5 and AMG model will be better and classier as well.

I must say that the CTS-V (2016 version) looks AWESOME. Particularly from the front. Price looks to be the same with whats is expected from Lexus. Lexus interior seems better but not by a lot.

The CTS-V is really really gorgeous, classy yet mean looking. Perfect balance. Oh, the stock wheels on the CTS-V also look great while the Lexus wheels look like garbage / hideous.

Just one man's opinion though.
Old 01-20-15, 08:35 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ted920
As a GS owner, I must say that I am very UNIMPRESSED with the GS-F.

The price will be very high, styling is not good, and its heavy.

Germans will build far better with the new upcoming M5 and AMG model will be better and classier as well.

I must say that the CTS-V (2016 version) looks AWESOME. Particularly from the front. Price looks to be the same with whats is expected from Lexus. Lexus interior seems better but not by a lot.

The CTS-V is really really gorgeous, classy yet mean looking. Perfect balance. Oh, the stock wheels on the CTS-V also look great while the Lexus wheels look like garbage / hideous.

Just one man's opinion though.
And you know the price how? Since Lexus hasn't released pricing yet.

The GS-F is lightweight compared to the current M5/E63/RS7

You do know that the new M5/E63 is at least 2 years away right? Current Germans supersedans are overweight pigs compared to the GS-F.
Old 01-20-15, 09:19 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Lexus is still pushing its 5.0L v8

While Merecedes has gone through 3 engines. the beloved 6.2 amg, the 5.5tt is being phased out and now the 4.0tt is being phased in.
Old 01-20-15, 10:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by doge

While Merecedes has gone through 3 engines. the beloved 6.2 amg, the 5.5tt is being phased out and now the 4.0tt is being phased in.
"still"? Engine was introduced few months back.
Old 01-20-15, 11:04 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by spwolf
"still"? Engine was introduced few months back.
The 2UR-GSE has been around since 07, it was first introduced in the 08 is-f
Old 01-20-15, 11:05 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I wouldn't mind Lexus pushing me one of them 5.0 v-8's...
Old 01-20-15, 11:32 AM
ted920
Lexus Champion

You do know that the new M5/E63 is at least 2 years away right? Current Germans supersedans are overweight pigs compared to the GS-F.
Chief, nobody KNOWS the price but by all estimations that I have seen both on-line and in forums is that both the GS-F and CTS-V will be right around $80-85,00 USD.

This seems very likely since the top trim current GS is around north of $60,000 USD.

At least 2 years for next M5 /E63 is over exaggerating a bit.
Also remember, GS-F is not for sale yet either. It will be some months before it is released. So the time difference between GS-F and new M5 is not that long.
Old 01-20-15, 12:00 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

I see these over weight pigs every morning, driven by suits to and from the office, with giant smiles on their face. They will be lined up in front of the steakhouse tonight after work, they won't be at the track.....

I am sure the RS7 owner, when they are stuck to their seat like fly paper when going mid or low 3's 0 to 60 on the way to the office makes them think oh man this car is so boring and uninspiring

The GS-F, I am still considering it, but myself, like many others won't be going to the track, it just needs to be fun to drive, and every car you listed..... they certainly are not boring.
Old 01-20-15, 12:05 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by J.P.
I see these over weight pigs every morning, driven by suits to and from the office, with giant smiles on their face. They will be lined up in front of the steakhouse tonight after work, they won't be at the track.....

I am sure the RS7 owner, when they are stuck to their seat like fly paper when going mid or low 3's 0 to 60 on the way to the office makes them think oh man this car is so boring and uninspiring

The GS-F, I am still considering it, but myself, like many others won't be going to the track, it just needs to be fun to drive, and every car you listed..... they certainly are not boring.
+1 If im looking for light and nimble im going to buy a Porsche Cayman not a GS-F. As good as its going to be its not a track car, nor should it hide under that pretext.

Or you can buy a C63 like me and 503hp and 3600lbs
Old 01-20-15, 12:15 PM
silver2000
Rookie

The car is exactly what Im looking for in terms of performance.

And I bet Lexus knows their core customer base doesn't look for extreme power. True performance enthusiast isnt looking for a 4 door or a lexus even. They already have a German or Italian 2 seater and if they are also in the market for the GS F they are bcause they are just looking for a 4 door daily driver with some punch.

My $0.02
Old 01-20-15, 12:24 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by silver2000

And I bet Lexus knows their core customer base doesn't look for extreme power. True performance enthusiast isnt looking for a 4 door or a lexus even. They already have a German or Italian 2 seater and if they are also in the market for the GS F they are bcause they are just looking for a 4 door daily driver with some punch.

My $0.02
I don't think Lexus knows this market or their customer base at all, as the press event for the GS-F they stated they were shocked to see how much of the sales were F-Sport models.
Old 01-20-15, 12:27 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Originally Posted by silver2000

My $0.02
I like the idea of NA, I like the higher rev, and naturally the reliability, so its something I will still consider given the price is going to be pretty competitive but the market has a LOT to offer, lots of fun, powerful sedans all around us.
Old 01-20-15, 01:14 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by doge

Rumor has it the 5.0L will be a base engine on the LS and LC, with more variants be it FI V8, V6 hybrid, FI V6 etc.. to follow. Shame we're still probably a year, year and half away from anything remotely concrete

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F