Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Cadillac CT6 (Page 4)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-15, 11:49 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
bit of a letdown. Very underwhelming, but I suppose cadillac design language doesn't afford designers much flexibility.

S class still king of luxobarges.
Sad to say it, but this car is going to be an epic FLOP for Cadillac.

There is nothing special about this design. The interior looks like the last gen STS. And a bit like the current Avalon
Old 04-01-15, 11:55 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It's a pretty clean design, but too plain amongst it's stylish peers (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Hyundai, et al). It is clear GM still does not fully have a concept of competitive business. It's high time to dump the crazy and dated, retro vertical taillights that have alienated and segregated the mark for over 15 years now. Most well off-savvy potential buyers cannot relate to it and it's time has come and gone decades ago when grandfathers, grandmothers passed away and the world moved on.
Exactly! Fully agree.
Old 04-01-15, 12:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Haven't actually sat in one or driven one yet (I plan to). But, just from the posted images (and other available images), I see little to complain about except for the (IMO) annoying CUE system. Given what Lincoln has just unveiled at the New York auto show, I think it will make a great potential competitor to the Continental Concept. The two cars seem to stress two basically different interior themes......the Continental, vast amounts of chrome, and the CT6, vast amounts of wood-trim....both traditional in classic American flagships.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-01-15 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-01-15, 12:16 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RX469
Exactly! Fully agree.
I have to agree. Cadillac really has no idea what they are doing. The current line up is not selling well at all. When someone compares the competition, all Cadillacs seem like a fish out of water. Cadillac announced it will take $18 billion to fix the brand. This CT6 is D.O.A.
Old 04-01-15, 01:01 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another sausage in different lengths. >->
Old 04-01-15, 01:24 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The two cars seem to stress two basically different interior themes......the Continental, vast amounts of chrome, and the CT6, vast amounts of wood-trim....both traditional in classic American flagships.
Continental is a concept car, production would never have that much chrome. CT6 is a production car.
Old 04-01-15, 01:25 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Another sausage in different lengths. >->
This strategy has generally worked pretty well for the Germans.
Old 04-01-15, 01:47 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by pbm317
Continental is a concept car, production would never have that much chrome. CT6 is a production car.
That's one of the things discussed in the Continental's thread....just how much of that big chrome-field would likely see production. I agree with you, probably not that much, but IMO the car has to have some bling inside if it is going to be a significant departure from the (meh) ho-hum and disappointing MKS. I was also concerned about glare from the sun on the chrome being a problem, but one other poster pointed out that the way modern dashes and consoles are designed (and tilted), it's done in such a way as to minimize the sun's effect.

And, as I see it, it also begs the question of how much wood (or wood-tone) paneling or carbon-fiber trim we're likely to see in the production Continental instead of the chrome. If the chrome comes out, it has to be replaced with something equally nice.
Old 04-01-15, 01:55 PM
Sweatshop
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is understated and GORGEOUS. We've got to remember that Cadillac cannot scare away the older-gen market and has to still invite younger buyers. It's hard to make a product that does both. I am forty and would rock this in a heart-beat, funds permitting and drive satisfactory....

And for all those complaining about power plants, BMW and Merc regularly (still) put four and sixes in their biggest models overseas. And Ford is proudly putting it's Eco-boost 6 in literally every car and truck it can-even the GT!!!!!. V8s, V10s and V12s are becoming nostalgic options.
Old 04-01-15, 02:25 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very beautiful car. Loved it from the first time I saw it debut in that TV commercial.
Old 04-01-15, 07:36 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kbb
And for all those complaining about power plants, BMW and Merc regularly (still) put four and sixes in their biggest models overseas. And Ford is proudly putting it's Eco-boost 6 in literally every car and truck it can-even the GT!!!!!. V8s, V10s and V12s are becoming nostalgic options.
True, but BMW and Mercedes also still offer V12's...
Old 04-01-15, 08:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

What a letdown this car is for me. Outside it looks too much like a slightly longer CTS. Inside, all of that fake looking wood trim looks like a mid 90s Buick.

Epic fail Cadillac. You want people to consider that next to a 7 series, LS or S Class?!? Crazy. The XTS is better looking, at least inside.
Old 04-02-15, 12:43 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kbb
This car is understated and GORGEOUS. We've got to remember that Cadillac cannot scare away the older-gen market and has to still invite younger buyers. It's hard to make a product that does both. I am forty and would rock this in a heart-beat, funds permitting and drive satisfactory....

The car is definitely a game-changer for Cadillac......and I'm definitely digging that 34 speaker BOSE sound system that this car has.

That being said, this car needs a V8 engine. I mean if Hyundai can put one in a Genesis Sedan then Cadillac should put one as well for this CT6.

I hope they're working on it....
Old 04-02-15, 06:08 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW13GS
What a letdown this car is for me. Outside it looks too much like a slightly longer CTS. Inside, all of that fake looking wood trim looks like a mid 90s Buick.

Epic fail Cadillac. You want people to consider that next to a 7 series, LS or S Class?!? Crazy. The XTS is better looking, at least inside.
My thougtst exactly. The interior of this disaster looks like it would do well in an Impala.
Old 04-02-15, 06:42 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Well, like with the Lexus spindle-grilles and some other controversial vehicle features, it looks like we've got quite a polarizing vehicle here in the CT6, with sharply divided opinions both ways.

Quick Reply: 2016 Cadillac CT6 (Page 4)