Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Audi RS 5 Coupe Sport edition unveiled

Old 12-19-14, 10:00 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Audi RS 5 Coupe Sport edition unveiled

Click here to view more photos

Will be limited to 75 units

Audi USA has introduced the 2015 RS5 Coupe Sport Edition.

Created by Audi Exclusive, the limited edition model has a Daytona Gray or Nardo Gray exterior with red brake calipers and 20-inch V-spoke alloy wheels.

Interior changes are limited but include Black / Crimson Red Nappa leather sport seats, Crimson Red contrast stitching and Crimson Red door panel inserts. The model also has a leather-wrapped steering wheel and body-color trim.

Power is provided by a 4.2-liter V8 engine that develops 450 bhp (335 kW) and 317 lb-ft (429 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a seven-speed S tronic transmission and a quattro all-wheel drive system. This enables the coupe to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds before hitting an electronically-limited top speed of 174 mph (280 km/h).

Production will be limited to 75 units and pricing starts at $87,575.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11412198...ition-unveiled
Old 12-19-14, 01:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Still looks nice. I'd still prefer an RC F though, might still be rarer
Old 12-19-14, 02:36 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RS5 rip-you-off Edition,
Old 02-19-15, 02:15 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Review Finds Audi S5 Good But it's Really Starting to Show its Age

The Audi S5 has been around since 2007 and even if it’s been restyled once, it’s still really starting to look outdated compared to rivals and other more modern cars in the lineup. Not only is the styling no longer on par with other Audis (even though its coke bottle shape is still sexy from the side), but the interior feels ten years behind what the automaker recently revealed – think TT, Q7.

CNET took it for a spin and praised it for the usual Audi-esque qualities and traits, stopping to note the antiquated-looking dash and infotainment. There are also some odd placement choices for some of the gadgets and you just can’t escape the fact that it looks old now.

Now, while the review still recommends the car (and for good reason; it’s not bad by any standard), we say don’t buy one of these unless you’re really into Audis. Wait for the manufacturer to replace it with an all-new model that should be here in late 2015 / early 2016.

Knowing Audi, it will be the same basic shape but with fresher fascias front and back and the brand’s new style of interiors, plus new engines – it’ll definitely be worth the wait.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/rev...d-but-its.html
Old 02-19-15, 07:32 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I just traded my '13 GS F Sport for a '15 S5, and I still find the car sexy and totally modern, even though it doesn't have the creases and angles of some of the newer coupes (a la RC350). Neither does the SC300/400, but I still think it is timelessly beautiful.

Re: technology, I could care less whether it is 3G or 4G, since I never use that. It has Google Earth for nav and I can say "online destinations" and "Starbucks" and it will come back with a list of Starbucks (or any other business) by proximity. That is much more than I can say for the GS, which only recognized voice commands 40% of the time. The technology is ahead of most other cars, but I will agree it is behind the newer Audis. Do I need a touch pad? I'm not sure.

Car Tech is all about technology. The driving experience is what is important to me, and that is fantastic.

Re: the RS5 Sport Edition, I agree... it's just a way for Audi to make more money. A "sport edition" of the RS5 seems redundant.

This is also a way for them to keep interest going in a model that will probably be totally new in 2017. The main reason I went with a 2-year lease.
Attached Thumbnails 2015 Audi RS 5 Coupe Sport edition unveiled-s5-side-outside.jpg  

Last edited by dseag2; 02-19-15 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-20-15, 12:24 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

I think the A5/S5/RS5's body is still sleek and modern by today's standards. It doesn't have to look like the RC, which takes the more typical sports car styling approach. The RC could have been styled like the Audi's Coke bottle shape, but it had it's own purpose too. Overall, I think the above article is missing the point. Each car has it's own direction, with the Audi being more formal and upright. Yes, the dash and center stack are showing age. But you have to cut Audi a break manily due to other models in it's own family creating the problem.
This car has aged extremely well and will no doubt remain highly desirable in the used car market for the next thirty years.
Old 02-20-15, 05:49 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I love the RS5 front end/grill....i think it updates the car's looks significantly

Last edited by bagwell; 02-20-15 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-20-15, 10:05 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
I love the RS5 front end/grill....i think it updates the car's looks significantly

perhaps marginally. The more squarish grill appears to be the new trend. Almost like the grill is being pinched from the sides.

Old 02-20-15, 10:43 AM
1111GS

Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell

What happened to the left fog?
Old 02-20-15, 12:29 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1101GS
What happened to the left fog?
+1...????
Old 02-20-15, 12:39 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

Lower foglights seem to be disappearing these days. Now all integrated into the headlight unit. That circle down there is likely a radar piece.... my guess at least.
Old 02-20-15, 12:50 PM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice looking car overall, but i rather stick with Japanese over European anytime lol...
Old 02-20-15, 12:51 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Lower foglights seem to be disappearing these days. Now all integrated into the headlight unit. That circle down there is likely a radar piece.... my guess at least.
Yep.. that makes the most sense.. for collision avoidance\adaptive cruise.
Old 02-20-15, 08:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I think the A5/S5/RS5's body is still sleek and modern by today's standards. It doesn't have to look like the RC, which takes the more typical sports car styling approach. The RC could have been styled like the Audi's Coke bottle shape, but it had it's own purpose too. Overall, I think the above article is missing the point. Each car has it's own direction, with the Audi being more formal and upright. Yes, the dash and center stack are showing age. But you have to cut Audi a break manily due to other models in it's own family creating the problem.
This car has aged extremely well and will no doubt remain highly desirable in the used car market for the next thirty years.
Yes, since coupes aren't volume sellers Audi has kind of followed what Lexus did with the SC300/400, making changes to the grille and taillights and not much else. The SC was neglected at the expense of other Lexus models being introduced at the time. At least Audi introduced Audi Connect and Google Earth. I agree with you that the cabin is getting dated, but I still like the look of it better than the A6/A7 cabins, so change isn't always progress.
Old 02-21-15, 08:26 AM
chris621
Driver School Candidate

these things are so beautiful but so much moeny I couldn't justify paying this much. IMO doesn't look like it cost 50k more than the regular a5

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Audi RS 5 Coupe Sport edition unveiled