Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Quick lease question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-14, 05:12 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quick lease question.

If I choose to extend the lease by 6 months does Lexus financial recalculate the original residual value?
Old 12-18-14, 01:49 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know an answer?
Old 12-18-14, 02:39 PM
1JZsoarer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure you can extend it by up to 6 months? Some companies allow 2-3 months, but I've rarely seen 6 months extension. And yes they should, normally, recalculate the residual value.
Old 12-18-14, 05:19 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
If I choose to extend the lease by 6 months does Lexus financial recalculate the original residual value?
Have you asked?

Last edited by Sulu; 02-17-16 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-18-14, 09:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Lexus will definitely extend it for up to 6 months. Not sure about the residual.
Old 02-16-16, 09:55 PM
neilipo1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 nx t suv lease please help ? first ever lease lexus

hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................

need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession

i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ...........
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ?

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ?

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..
Old 02-16-16, 10:11 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some companies will not when you extend anymore because they got hurt on the residual value which will change on a month to month
Old 02-17-16, 12:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Originally Posted by neilipo1
hello there just joined this morning... sorry if i am posting in the wrong space .. but i don't know how to post with new questions tath i have ... how do i post on this site ?

i need help with leasing new Lexus(2016 nx t suv ) . this will be my fist Lexus to lease i am scared. and do not wanted to be cheated . i will never go to Lexus again ....................

need help .. what do i look for in the lease papers/ how many docs do i have to sign? . do they let you review pre filled lease agreement at home before u sign. or have your lawyer review? is there a 3 day review before we can cancel the agreement before you take the car out- or take cars possession

i have a deal for 3 yr 30 k miles 20 k total out of pocket cost ...........
3 yr required 10k to 20k and 30k miles maintenance Lexus requires us to do ?
can you take to a local mechanic to have those done and still not violate any manufactures warranty / ?

when you go to these maintenance at the dealers do they force or push you to buy things that still are obviously used conditions - because you are driving the car .. such as tires and more .............
but change any way .. since they make money on selling everything ?

key things i should look for in the contract and ask b4 signing/ that should be in the lease to protect me / during the lease and after the lease is is over . should i get the gap insurance or any other insurance to protect me . i will get full car insurance any way cause it is a lease ....

they say there is a fees to return the car after the lease is over do have to pay that if i am not looking to re lease another brand new Lexus ? my goal is to lease for 3 to 5 yrs may be one more lease after this and than buy Lexus or Tesla ....
i am getting 3 yr 36 k lease for 20k 1 pay check lease can you help please.. from WY moving to DE state..
You need to do some research before we can really help you with more specific questions. There is a TON of information on here and elsewhere on the web you should read and process, then we can help you with more specific questions.