Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Toyota Tacoma news

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 01:20 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pamperme
Yes. I do know it's photoshopped. But it along with the actual design still expresses a far more attractive design language than the Toyota.

You can't compare photoshop photos to that of real production cars.

For example, thats like if someone photoshops a 86 front end onto the FT-1 concept and says it a better design than the GT-R. ok.... (Even tho the FT-1 already looks way better than the GT-R).

And no, it looks pretty crappy. Trucks aren't suppose to have around CUV faces. They're suppose to be masculine like the 4Runner and new Tacoma.
Old 01-12-15, 01:25 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26

You can't compare photoshop photos to that of real production cars.

For example, thats like if someone photoshops a 86 front end onto the FT-1 concept and says it a better design than the GT-R. ok.... (Even tho the FT-1 already looks way better than the GT-R).

And no, it looks pretty crappy. Trucks aren't suppose to have around CUV faces. They're suppose to be masculine like the 4Runner and new Tacoma.
I know. Point taken. The actual design STILL looks better by a mile.
What ever the face (masculine or not) it doesn't have to be ugly, which the Tacoma and 4 runner are in spades.
Old 01-12-15, 01:26 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I know. Point taken. The actual design STILL looks better by a mile.
What ever the face (masculine or not) it doesn't have to be ugly, which the Tacoma and 4 runner are in spades.
That is your opinion. To each their own. With that said, I bet this will still be the best selling truck in its class.
Old 01-12-15, 01:30 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

To each their own.

With that said, I bet this will still be the best selling truck in its class.
I hope you're right. I hope it serves as proof in the industry of just how important reliability is and that Renault/Nissan needs to step up their game. Further still, I hope that Nissans failure to supply its customers with top notch reliability results in them having the worst year. A tough lesson that I hope they learn.

And if Nissan finally steps up its reliability, Toyota will FINALLY up its aesthetic appeal.
Old 01-12-15, 01:35 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I hope your right. I hope it serves as proof in the industry how important reliability is and that Renault/Nissan needs to step up their game. Further still, I hope that Nissans failure to supply its customers with top notch reliability results in them having the worst year. A tough lesson that I hope they learn.
I really don't care either way. I'm just really trying to point across about looks being subjective.

I know that the Tacoma has a fan base and it has been a solid truck over the past years. Also as posted on the last page, hands down best interior in its class. I remember when Toyota showed of the updated Tundra. Everyone was saying its ugly and no one would buy. In truth sales actually increase.

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 01-12-15 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-12-15, 01:37 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

I really don't care either way. I just know that the Tacoma has a fan base and it has been a solid truck over the past years. Also as posted on the last page, hands down best interior in its class.

I remember when Toyota showed of the updated Tundra. Everyone was saying its ugly and no one would buy. In truth sales actually increase.
I was one of the ones who thought the updated Tundra face was a step backwards, until I saw one in person.
Old 01-12-15, 01:40 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I was one of the ones who thought the updated Tundra face was a step backwards, until I saw one in person.
I don't think the new ones are ugly. But I kinda like the old ones better lol. But the updated model does have a nice interior.

Last edited by Vh_Supra26; 01-12-15 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-12-15, 01:48 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

I hope you're right. I hope it serves as proof in the industry of just how important reliability is and that Renault/Nissan needs to step up their game. Further still, I hope that Nissans failure to supply its customers with top notch reliability results in them having the worst year. A tough lesson that I hope they learn.

And if Nissan finally steps up its reliability, Toyota will FINALLY up its aesthetic appeal.
Most people I know dont think Nissans are generally attractive, so design is pretty subjective obviously.

On the other hand, this Tacoma looks pretty good... it will sell like hotcakes.
Old 01-12-15, 02:04 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

More like this.

The 1980's called. They want their antenna back...
Old 01-12-15, 02:05 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Most people I know dont think Nissans are generally attractive, so design is pretty subjective obviously.

On the other hand, this Tacoma looks pretty good... it will sell like hotcakes.
Agree. Nissan design hadn't been "good looking" until the new Murano, IMO. Their truck line looks like crap, I don't think frontier is going to touch either Tacoma or Colorado sales-wise.
Old 01-12-15, 02:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Agree. Nissan design hadn't been "good looking" until the new Murano, IMO. Their truck line looks like crap, I don't think frontier is going to touch either Tacoma or Colorado sales-wise.
Nissan has found its niche in offering somewhat quirky designs and good value. As you said, sometimes they design good looking or at least very interesting car like Murano, and then you have new Titan.
Old 01-12-15, 02:44 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a pickup guy, but that is pretty nice. I was listening to Bloomberg Radio and they were talking about the Tacoma for a bit.
Old 01-12-15, 04:23 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I really don't care either way. I'm just really trying to point across about looks being subjective.

I know that the Tacoma has a fan base and it has been a solid truck over the past years. Also as posted on the last page, hands down best interior in its class. I remember when Toyota showed of the updated Tundra. Everyone was saying its ugly and no one would buy. In truth sales actually increase.
This Tacoma is exactly what they needed to release. Its still a Toyota truck at heart and it still has the Toyota DNA from the past.

The truck can do anything a mid size truck needs to do and it will satisfy Toyota owners who want to upgrade from the previous models.

I was kinda hoping they would say the words fully boxed frame but they did not.
Old 01-12-15, 04:57 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Old 01-12-15, 06:29 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

That gear shifter could be found in a Lexus (and is)- just gorgeous.
The push to start button is going to get recalled, just like it did in other cars. Simple lesson in ergonomics is to separate mechanical and safety functions and make them look and feel different. I'm surprised it passed.

Quick Reply: 2016 Toyota Tacoma news