Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mazda CX3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-14, 09:51 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This should have been a Lexus offering.
Old 01-04-15, 06:41 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New 2016 Mazda CX-3 Crossover Road Tested in Australia

While the Mazda CX-3 may have the same basic platform and running gear as the new 2 supermini, you’d be hard pressed to tell.

It’s only when you climb aboard and see the nearly identical interior that you begin to notice it – the design and materials are the same, even though the latter includes few soft-touch surfaces.

The CX-3’s first video road test was conducted in Australia, by CarAdvice. As with all recent Mazdas, all reviewers rave on about the pretty styling, road manners and efficiency. All these parameters are still relevant with the CX-3, as it reportedly drives as well as we’ve come to expect from the brand, it looks (subjectively) better than the CX-5 and being supermini-based, it still returns good economy numbers.

The only niggle that’s pointed out is that the materials don’t feel so great on the surfaces you don’t normally touch, like the top of the doors or lower down on the dash. You can easily overlook this, though, since the design is quite fluid looking and pleasant.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/new...over-road.html
Old 01-05-15, 05:29 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 160 Likes on 137 Posts

I know of at least 3 close friends interested in this vehicle.
Old 01-05-15, 06:33 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chikoo
This should have been a Lexus offering.
I believe Lexus has said a smaller CUV under the NX is being considered.

There was also that jacked up CT test mule.

Old 01-07-15, 10:44 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DET
Anyone like the CX3 that was shown at LA auto show today? Much better than some of the cars in that segment like the hideous Juke.
you mean the jokebox?
Old 01-07-15, 10:45 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
I know of at least 3 close friends interested in this vehicle.
my son saw the Mazda 3 ad and promptly told me to trade in my Lexus for it.
Should I be happy or sad?
oh, and he is only 11.
Old 01-07-15, 12:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
you mean the jokebox?
Juke sold like crazy in Europe due to design... between that and Qashqai, Nissan is new SUV leader in Europe, talking about almost Camry numbers for Europe.
Old 01-07-15, 03:13 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is seriously premium looking vehicle! Much better design than Mazda 3, much more mature design. Acura would only wish they could design something like this.

What if Mazda can pulloff something like semi-luxury or final step before getting into premium segment kind of thing in US? Would be interesting. Yeah Acura is sort of like that but its customers are more of Honda people.
Old 02-14-15, 02:49 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Mazda CX-3 New Driving Spot Plays To Its Strengths

In the land of the small, non-premium crossover, the Mazda CX-3 is a bit of a fresh breath of air. It's dynamic styling makes it one of the best looking cars in its segment.

Imagine for a second the world in which a small crossover buyer lives in. It's a young world, there's plenty of fun stuff to do and plenty of places to go where you can go about having a very active life style. It's only natural to seek a car that would represent you, isn't it?

As you can see from the video, the Mazda CX-3 has plenty of visual pop, especially in motion and especially when you've got decent size wheels on it. There isn't really any bad angle from which to look at it and with its cool KODO design. Plus it has its innovative SKYACTIV technology and MZD-Connect infotainment system that Mazda keeps bragging about.

Bottom line, a fun clip, apart from the annoying 'zoom-zoom' we're set to hear every time Mazda decides to share something with us.

The good news is that the CX-3's global launch is approaching this spring for both Europe and Japan. US buyers will have to wait until the summer though.
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/maz...-plays-to.html
Old 02-15-15, 08:41 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw it at the Philadelphia Auto Show. It was roped off, so you couldn't see the interior. I thought it was pretty nice. The pix of the interior look like the Mazda 3, which Car and Driver just gave some pretty high praise for (try and find another car in the class of the 3 with HUD).
Old 02-15-15, 10:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 106 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I saw it at the Philadelphia Auto Show. It was roped off, so you couldn't see the interior. I thought it was pretty nice. The pix of the interior look like the Mazda 3, which Car and Driver just gave some pretty high praise for (try and find another car in the class of the 3 with HUD).
it has Mazda 2 interior, not 3... this is common. Basically similar to 3, but harder materials... it still looks nice according to previews.
Old 02-15-15, 10:25 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Although Mazda products, in general, still seem to be sport-oriented, I'm glad to see that, at least in ads like that, they have stopped (or at least cut back some) on trying to sell vehicles with that silly "Zoom-Zoom" theme.....a theme which was actually getting pretty long in the tooth. A far better theme, IMO was the older "Kansai" engineering slogan, which is actually a Japanese term for the emotional feel that one gets from the tactile driver-oriented steering and road-feel that Mazda used to be noted for. In fact, for years, they were known as the "Poor Man's BMW", despite many of their sedan products (except for the 929) being FWD instead of RWD.
Old 02-15-15, 04:49 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it has Mazda 2 interior, not 3... this is common. Basically similar to 3, but harder materials... it still looks nice according to previews.
Sorry--I was looking mostly at the IP.
Old 02-22-15, 12:40 AM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm seriously digging this car, can't wait to see it in person. I'm moving to Alaska and the AWD and great mileage will be a winner.
Old 03-25-15, 10:10 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://firstevermazdacx-3.com.au/

Quick Reply: Mazda CX3?