Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 02:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
Yes, I can see that being an important factor for most consumers. I owned 2IS, and it's a much better, more solid car than the GLA. 3IS is ok, but I don't feel it being as luxurious as 2IS.
I do not agree with you at all. I think the interior of the 3IS is far nicer and more luxurious than the 2IS. My sister has a 2IS but I don't prefer it over the 3IS. I think the materials are about the same, but maybe just edged out by the 3.
Old 03-08-15, 04:02 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I do not agree with you at all. I think the interior of the 3IS is far nicer and more luxurious than the 2IS. My sister has a 2IS but I don't prefer it over the 3IS. I think the materials are about the same, but maybe just edged out by the 3.
You don't have to agree with me. My family owned both Land Cruiser and LX since 2nd gen LX generation. I owned 2IS, and RX300. The only reason I don't own Lexus anymore is because the upgrade from mainstream brand is very minimal interior wise. My uncle just got 14 Land Cruiser because LX isn't much of an upgrade.
Yes, my 15 WRX interior gets worse over time, I'm thinking about trade in for something else soon. With my sensitive ears, I can hear every single rattle in the interior, it's not even funny. I recently got my little sis a GLA "Still my car" thinking it would be better than 3IS, nope same crap IMO. I miss 2IS solid build quality minus rattle cabin.

Edit: This generation Mazda interior is a step above the competitors in the same segment. I can't wait to test drive Miata, and eventually get one while waiting for Supra.

Last edited by cino; 03-08-15 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-08-15, 06:49 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

You don't have to agree with me. My family owned both Land Cruiser and LX since 2nd gen LX generation. I owned 2IS, and RX300. The only reason I don't own Lexus anymore is because the upgrade from mainstream brand is very minimal interior wise. My uncle just got 14 Land Cruiser because LX isn't much of an upgrade.
Yes, my 15 WRX interior gets worse over time, I'm thinking about trade in for something else soon. With my sensitive ears, I can hear every single rattle in the interior, it's not even funny. I recently got my little sis a GLA "Still my car" thinking it would be better than 3IS, nope same crap IMO. I miss 2IS solid build quality minus rattle cabin.

Edit: This generation Mazda interior is a step above the competitors in the same segment. I can't wait to test drive Miata, and eventually get one while waiting for Supra.
What does a Land Cruise or LX have to do with anything? BTW, the current Land Cruise has a lot of plastic and FAKE wood.
Old 03-08-15, 07:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

My family owned both Land Cruiser and LX since 2nd gen LX generation. I owned 2IS, and RX300. The only reason I don't own Lexus anymore is because the upgrade from mainstream brand is very minimal interior wise. My uncle just got 14 Land Cruiser because LX isn't much of an upgrade.
Having reviewed both, I fully agree with you on the 2Gen and 3Gen IS. But one thing I don't quite understand is why you bought a WRX in the first place, if noise was going to be an issue with you. In addition to any interior rattles (which actually aren't as bad with the newest model as on previous ones), the standard Subaru Impreza, though otherwise an excellent small car, does have a reputation for road noise from poorly-insulated wheel wells, even with the standard factory all-season tires. Add too that the wider, more aggressive (and louder) tires mounted on the WRX/STi, and the louder boy-racer exhaust, and you have a fair amount of assault on the ears. In fact, the salesman who once sold me my Outback (he recently retired) said he wouldn't mind having an STi, but simply couldn't stand the noise level in it.

Which Mazda interior are you referring to...the new 6 or the new Miata? You might have seen the Miata's new interior even if you haven't test-driven it.

What's REALLY going to be interesting on the new Miata, IMO, is going to be how Fiat or Alfa-Romeo handles the new Miata interior if, as rumored, one of them does a version of it with an Italian engine and trim.
Old 03-08-15, 09:21 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Having reviewed both, I fully agree with you on the 2Gen and 3Gen IS. But one thing I don't quite understand is why you bought a WRX in the first place, if noise was going to be an issue with you. In addition to any interior rattles (which actually aren't as bad with the newest model as on previous ones), the standard Subaru Impreza, though otherwise an excellent small car, does have a reputation for road noise from poorly-insulated wheel wells, even with the standard factory all-season tires. Add too that the wider, more aggressive (and louder) tires mounted on the WRX/STi, and the louder boy-racer exhaust, and you have a fair amount of assault on the ears. In fact, the salesman who once sold me my Outback (he recently retired) said he wouldn't mind having an STi, but simply couldn't stand the noise level in it.

Which Mazda interior are you referring to...the new 6 or the new Miata? You might have seen the Miata's new interior even if you haven't test-driven it.

What's REALLY going to be interesting on the new Miata, IMO, is going to be how Fiat or Alfa-Romeo handles the new Miata interior if, as rumored, one of them does a version of it with an Italian engine and trim.
Yes road noise is bad, but it's bearable because I know the nature of the car. I spent a lot of time with last gen Legacy, I expected a lot from WRX. It is fun, but I don't think driving dynamic is a leap above Luxury C segment. It has respectable performance, but the fun ends there. After 6 months, interior starts to rattle. I want something fun, that's why I got WRX. I may have to trade in for new Miata ND, and get a used mid sized. I'll retire GLA to my little sis and let her pay it off the rest.

Edit: I'm talking about the 6, so again I would expect Miata to be very similar in build quality. Though I opt to wait for 2nd MY to know all the early bug before getting the car.

EDIT2: I'm interested to see the Fiat model as well as PRHT and Mazdaspeed version. Not having a high hop on the latter.

Last edited by cino; 03-08-15 at 09:30 PM.