Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-14, 06:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy

Mercedes V-Class will be sold in the U.S. next year, so the wealthy van drivers don't have to stuck with Sienna and Odyssey anymore.

Thank god, I am so tired of seeing vanilla Sienna Limited Premium and Odyssey Touring Elite in a sea of luxury cars.
Attached Thumbnails MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy-01-mercedes-benz-metris-sema-1.jpg   MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy-02-mercedes-benz-metris-sema-1.jpg   MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy-03-mercedes-benz-metris-sema-1.jpg   MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy-04-mercedes-benz-metris-sema-1.jpg  

Last edited by BNR34; 11-05-14 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-05-14, 06:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Thank god, I am so tired of seeing vanilla Sienna Limited and Odyssey touring elite in a sea of luxury cars.
With all due respect, at least based on the exterior styling, I fail to see much difference between a vanilla Odyssey/ Sienna and this vanilla-Mercedes........though with the Mercedes at probaby twice the price.

In fact, if it's non-vanilla you want, for probably significantly less money than the Mercedes people-mover, one can get a Buick Enclave, which, IMO, has an interior plush enough (especially at that price) to knock one's socks off.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-05-14 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-05-14, 06:19 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
With all due respect, at least based on the exterior styling, I fail to see much difference between a vanilla Odyssey/ Sienna and this vanilla-Mercedes........though with the Mercedes at probaby twice the price.
I understand your thinking, you believe the MR2 look identical to a Ferrari.

I too imagine I am driving a Bentley Mulsanne Speed when I am driving my LS430 Ultra Luxury.

It is all in your head, dreaming is free right?

Last edited by BNR34; 11-05-14 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-05-14, 06:29 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Overall engineering wise, tons of Japanese offerings far exceed their comparable European offerings.

But as far as exterior stylings and image goes, very few Japanese cars looks cooler then their comparable European competitors.

The LFA is still a Toyota that looks like a Celica.
Old 11-05-14, 06:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I understand your thinking, you believe the MR2 look identical to a Ferrari.
Actually, it was a close friend of mine who owned a bright-red 1994 MR2 turbo, and he (not me) said that he loved it because of the resemblance, though, of course, he had a point. And the girls he dated with it seemed to have felt pretty much the same.

I too imagine I am driving a Bentley Mulsanne Speed when I am driving my LS430 Ultra Luxury.
I don't see where a Bentley looks like an LS, though. That's stretching it too much.

It is all in your head, dreaming is free right?
Yeah....if you like reading Walter Mitty stories.
Old 11-05-14, 06:38 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Actually, it was a close friend of mine who owned a bright-red 1994 MR2 turbo, and he (not me) said that he loved it because of the resemblance, though, of course, he had a point. And the girls he dated with it seemed to have felt pretty much the same.

Given the choice, for a number of reasons, I'd probably take the LS.

Yeah....if you like reading Walter Mitty stories.
You are getting me wrong here, I am solely talking about coolness and exterior stylings here, without money as a consideration.

Of course European cars in general have the worse value compare to the Asians and Americans, that is why the car I own is a LS430, the best value sedan ever made.

But if it is not my money, cars on the street that I have to look at, that are own by other people that have nothing to do with me. I much prefer looking at nothing but highend exotic European cars
Old 11-05-14, 06:42 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Mercedes V-Class will be sold in the U.S. next year, so the wealthy van drivers don't have to stuck with Sienna and Odyssey anymore.

Thank god, I am so tired of seeing vanilla Sienna Limited Premium and Odyssey Touring Elite in a sea of luxury cars.
Read my post again, I said "wealthy", which I am not.

And I said I am tired of "seeing", not "owning" or "driving"

If I ever own a van myself, it would be a Sienna.

For van I get to look at that I don't have to pay for, I prefer it to be a AMG V65

Last edited by BNR34; 11-05-14 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-05-14, 06:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Thank you Benz ! It's always been there, just needed a little nudge this side of the Atlantic
Old 11-05-14, 07:03 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Thank you Benz ! It's always been there, just needed a little nudge this side of the Atlantic
I don't know what is taking them so long, the luxury van market is definitely there.
Old 11-05-14, 07:41 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Well to be fair, wealthy families have been buying GLs for a long time now. While I think the front end of this van looks good, I think it detracts from the overall prestigiousness of the brand
Old 11-05-14, 08:37 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

In fact, if it's non-vanilla you want, for probably significantly less money than the Mercedes people-mover, one can get a Buick Enclave, which, IMO, has an interior plush enough (especially at that price) to knock one's socks off.

Have you driven one of these? There's plenty of cheap plastic there to last you a while. Not what I'd call plush. It's not just me- almost every review I've read has commented on it as well.
Old 11-05-14, 08:48 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Have you driven one of these? There's plenty of cheap plastic there to last you a while. Not what I'd call plush. It's not just me- almost every review I've read has commented on it as well.
Agree 100%. No way a true luxury minded customer would have their socks knocked off by the Enclave. The GM Lambda crossovers are overdue for a major overhaul.

Only thing that might hurt the Mercedes is the RWD layout for the van, which many suburbanites may avoid for a primary family hauler. 4WD is just coming to the full size Sprinter, but I don't think it's offered on this particular van, at least not yet.
Old 11-05-14, 09:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
Well to be fair, wealthy families have been buying GLs for a long time now. While I think the front end of this van looks good, I think it detracts from the overall prestigiousness of the brand
Tiny FWD entry levels don't seem to be hampering Mercedes image either though. In fact they're doing better than ever all while producing many successful Classes and AMG vehicles. A strategy that is aimed to attract life long buyers of the brand. It may not sell well, but I applaud them tapping into a new demographic in a new market.
Old 11-05-14, 10:44 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,712 Likes on 2,297 Posts

You wanna see that driving around? It's hideous.
Old 11-06-14, 06:48 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I liked it until I saw the rear end. Definitely not my cup of tea. Hopefully, this thing gets the luxury minivan ball rolling. I'd love to have a Lexus minivan with the F-package. 450hp to get me from one supermarket to another.

Quick Reply: MB V-Class will be in U.S. 2015, no more Sienna/Odyssey for the wealthy