Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Suggestions/Feedback: New Car TV Show "Me Or The Whip"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-14, 09:54 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Suggestions/Feedback: New Car TV Show "Me Or The Whip"

ClubLexus,

One of my co-workers (Ron) is the co-producer and co-host of this new reality TV show called "Me Or The Whip" . I know many of us feel that when it comes to people, you are often judged on what type of vehicle you drive. The goal of this show is to help expose those perceptions whether positive or negative. Take a look at this pilot episode and if you don't mind, provide feedback in the comment section of YouTube or here within the thread.

Thanks

Old 10-21-14, 10:27 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

I only got 10 minutes into it and paged through the rest, but the show came across seriously misogynistic.

Maybe if it was co hosted by a woman and half of it was from their perspective it would be better balanced.

Recognize I'm probably not the target audience to watch this though... well produced and shot.
Old 10-21-14, 10:56 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

The first date hook-up in the video (where the girl comes out of the house, takes one look at the old Honda Accord, and steps back in again) says it all. Beauty-contest looks can sometimes hide an arrogant or egotistical personality underneath.

On the other hand, though, it can be insulting for a guy to try and take a date out in a car so crappy that she may fear for her own safety if the brakes fail or the engine overheats and leaves them stranded. As it see it, let's try and look for a happy medium.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-21-14 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-21-14, 11:53 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Girl had some points at the end. She has a materialistic mindset thats looking for big rich impressions, and most likely only dates guys in the higher income bracket. Putting on a front like that will only leave her totally uninterested no matter what the guy did, which will put them at odds with each other.

Now I would like to see it reversed. Single wealthy person playing as someone who's struggling with finances driving the hooptie first, then after a couple of dates if the chemistry is ligit, the revealing of the wealth would be a pretty awesome reaction
Old 10-21-14, 12:50 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Marklouis
Girl had some points at the end. She has a materialistic mindset thats looking for big rich impressions, and most likely only dates guys in the higher income bracket. Putting on a front like that will only leave her totally uninterested no matter what the guy did, which will put them at odds with each other.

Now I would like to see it reversed. Single wealthy person playing as someone who's struggling with finances driving the hooptie first, then after a couple of dates if the chemistry is ligit, the revealing of the wealth would be a pretty awesome reaction
Agreed! The reverse would be a lot more interesting and I would pose it as something beyond a car. (but a car is the easiest tell-all about a person's lifestyle)

This show has posed an issue on how materialistic people can be and judging a book by its cover. I often do it on dates when I borrow my friends beat up car, or take a girl on a date in the work truck before they see my vehicles because i often make the wrong choice with women with only one thing on their mind. One thing i cant stand is the materialistic mindset

Now from a viewer stand point; I personally wouldn't watch this show for a few reasons. To make it a bit better, I would ditch the 2 current host and replace one with a female and another male who is more comfortable in front the camera. The host seem too "STIFF" and the acting seems a bit forced. The female host gives the idea that down the line there will be both perspectives. ALSO grammer, you would always want your host to sound smart and like they know what they are talking about.

As for the characters of each episode, I would take a page out of the show "Blind date" and add some wit into it. Maybe then I would watch it but currently as is; probably not. Good idea don't get me wrong but needs a few tweaks to make it better