Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I'm Internet Famous!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-14, 06:17 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Internet Famous!

Had the honor to be interviewed by The Petersen Automotive Museum last week for their Carstories Podcast. Now you guys can learn a little more about me by listening to it. Hope you guys enjoy!

http://carstories.com/2014/10/leo-ma...shooting-cars/

Old 10-18-14, 06:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Congratulations.

I see they had a BMW Isetta there on display. As with the similiar Messerchmitt KR200 and other so-called "Bubble" cars, I just can't get over designs like that.......I get a good chuckle every time I see them.

Old 10-18-14, 06:38 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

I love Micro cars too!

Oh and the pics are from different shows I've been to recently which I still need to make threads about :P
Old 10-18-14, 07:56 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Saw microcars in Europe. Are they legal in the states?
Old 10-18-14, 08:29 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

OMG I want Ferrari. Stunning
Old 10-18-14, 09:51 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the interview, and thank you for having done all these amazing pictures for us. b
Old 10-19-14, 07:46 PM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I like the interview, and thank you for having done all these amazing pictures for us. b
Glad you enjoyed it!

BTW you guys can click on the pics above to see the full gallery
Old 10-19-14, 07:53 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome and amazing pics!
Old 10-19-14, 10:54 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations.

I see they had a BMW Isetta there on display. As with the similiar Messerchmitt KR200 and other so-called "Bubble" cars, I just can't get over designs like that.......I get a good chuckle every time I see them.

If you are ever in Nashville TN, go to the Lane Motor Muesem. They specialize in post WWII micro cars and other oddball/esoteric European cars.
Old 10-20-14, 08:54 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I agree. Thank you for your pictures
Old 10-20-14, 10:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

leo is an awesome guy!
Old 10-21-14, 05:59 AM
SVT2888
Lead Lap

For those wondering what Purist is exactly, this is how I can best describe it:

Purist is basically an all inclusive car community. We welcome everyone from any faction of the automotive world. We want people who are truly enthusiastic and passionate about automobiles. People that can respect all kind of vehicles, be they imports, domestics, exotics, sports cars, econocars, race cars, slammed cars, custom cars, hot rods, muscle cars, you name it. We want members who respect others and their views. If you disagree strongly with someone elses opinion you can tell them, but in a respectful manner. If you hate stanced cars and someone makes a post about them dont go in the group and bash them, just over look the post. But we prefer that you at least have respect for the passion that other person has for their car and what they chose to do with it. We want true automotive enthusiast in the group.
We also want people who will help their fellow man. People who will go out of their way to help someone they don't even know. We've had members post that they are broken down somewhere and we've had other members who didn't even know them go and help them out. They either helped them fix their car on the side of the road or towed them to a safe spot, not having even known that person before. Recently we found out a members mother is suffering from breast cancer so we held a fundraiser for her. The people that organized the fundraiser hadn't even met her before, and she never asked for help. We just did it because we felt it was the right thing to do.
We want to instill a sense of community and family amongst automotive enthusiast. Automotive enthusiast are often times bundled into a group and labeled negatively in various ways. We want to run with that but show the world that yeah we are all the same, but not in the way you think. We want to show the positive side of the automotive world. What a community it is, we know that united we can be stronger.
We also want members in the group who believe in helping their fellow man, the community at large, people outside the automotive community. That is why we organize our big toy drive every year. We don't do it for any kind of glory or recognition, we do it because we really want to help out. We want to give a toy to a needy kid whose parents might be struggling. We want to really give them the gift of a smile. By making the child happy we can make an impact in several ways. It's less stress for the parents because they don't have to feel like they let their child down by not providing them with a Christmas present. But also the child can see that complete strangers are willing to do nice stuff for them and we hope that in turn when they grow up they grow up wanting to help those in need. We hope we start something bigger, that we leave a positive impact for the children and that it gets passed on.
There are too may negatives constantly being thrown at us everywhere we go, we are trying to show the positive things that can be done when you give the gift of giving.
We are quick to ban anyone who is disrespectful towards others, be it by causing too many arguments, cussing or making posts simply to put down someone elses views. That is why we carefully scrutinize who comes into the group and make it invite only. We don't want people coming in that will not respect the rules of the group. We constantly monitor the group and delete any negativity and warn or ban the offending members.

Nevertheless, you are just as likely going to find a Purist sticker on a Toyota Sienna as you are a Ferrari 458 Italia.
Old 10-21-14, 10:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am definitely proud to be in the purist group!