Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Kawasaki Ninja H2R makes 300 horsepower. Holy. Crap.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 10:45 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4two
damn I used to ride a 100hp Yamaha sport bike in high school and almost killed myself 3 times, and friends did kill themselves, this has got to be a death wish purchase. You don't know what fast is until you've driven a crotch rocket My old bike would destroy today's top of the line $200,000 Porsche Turbo
For all the suicidal folks, this is a much more fun way to go out with a bang then all the lame boring traditional method

Make sure to do a 2 hours long 200 mph police chase 1st

It would be fun to see how fast a 300 hp bike pull away from a police cruiser!

Last edited by BNR34; 11-18-14 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-18-14, 11:16 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I drove a 36hp Yamaha and thought that was to get killed for sure. This possibly creates a worm hole and transports you to hell, instantaneously.
Old 11-21-14, 12:15 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
I drove a 36hp Yamaha and thought that was to get killed for sure. This possibly creates a worm hole and transports you to hell, instantaneously.
I know there isn't an interstate within 30 miles of where I live where I would feel confident cracking that throttle past halfway on that bike. There is just too much traffic on any public road around wher e I live to exploit that type of power. Maybe if you ventured out between 2 to 7 am on a sunday morning, you might find a deserted section of road, but there would be a cop there looking for a drunk driver for sure.
Old 11-21-14, 02:25 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
lol...I remember when I bought my first and only bike at 18, and brought it home. mum wasn't having it, and told me similar words that I'll never forget "if you keep this bike, I want to see the receipt for your coffin and burial because I'm not paying for it!"
Sounds familiar...Mom did NOT talk to me for 3+ months......Finally I had to move it out of the garage and park it in the back of the house (out of sight out of mind thing)....

I almost got myself killed twice on the little 600cc GSX-R....Now I carry a car seat everywhere so no more bikes...
Old 11-22-14, 12:44 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the point of such high horsepower besides hitting higher top end speeds? You won't be able to utilize the horsepower for acceleration even my zx6r would pop wheelies using full throttle.
Old 11-23-14, 01:27 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts

They should just call this the Organ Donor.
Old 11-23-14, 06:43 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In the ER we call these things donor-cycles for a reason...
Old 11-23-14, 11:54 AM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
For all the suicidal folks, this is a much more fun way to go out with a bang then all the lame boring traditional method

Make sure to do a 2 hours long 200 mph police chase 1st

It would be fun to see how fast a 300 hp bike pull away from a police cruiser!
oh we had our share of police chases, got away every time. only one friend of mine ever got caught the only reason he got caught going up the 15 to Temecula was a new at the time BMW motorcycle cop. Really all cities nationwide should pass a law like Chicago, police are NOT to ever chase a sport bike in city. Chance of catching one is next to zero but the cause for citizen death and destruction is high by the police crusier, chances are the motorcyclist will die anyway.

My 600cc bike the fastest I could go was 135MPH which is the only reason I would lose to a friends BMW M3 after miles of freeway he could finally catch up at 150+ MPH, cause around town it wans't even close. Going that fast and having tears streaming out of my eyeballs from the speed and wind noise through the helmet was terrifying, that was one of the times I should have died, a tow truck moved into the fast lane going "only" 80MPH while I was doing 135MPH and had no where to go but feathered the front brake only (kept off the back to avoid lockup) and by the time I shed 60MPH I could reach over and touch his ball hitch I was so close. Second time was hitting a semi truck retread in the middle of the freeway at 70MPH.

I take that back on a palomar run another guy got caught only because we were in a group of 12 and he stopped, he who stops first, gets the ticket.
On that same run had one guy fly into a lemon tree on Highland valley and get life flighted out only to die on the trip to the hospital. Its amazing to look back at how reckless a 16/17 year olds are on a 0-60 in 3 second machine was...I won't even drive a motorcycle to this day and my hand trembles when I even sit on a friends and rev the engine.

You only see crotch rockets getting tickets because the driver had mercy on the police officer.

This new bike is unsuited for daily use, I can't even enjoy my Porsche flat 6 around town as I'm in some guys rear bumper so quickly it pointless.

Last edited by toy4two; 11-23-14 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-23-14, 02:23 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Bike looks like a beast. I could never own one though. Too much speed with no protection. You can't predict what other driver will do.
Old 11-24-14, 11:25 AM
fearnight
Driver

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

This bike is insane. I'm definitely also another former sport bike rider lucky to be alive. I have a few close call stories.

I can remember late nights on the interstate tucked in and covering 25 miles in 12 minutes. I can remember passing cops going 90 in a 60 and they don't even bother. Fun times.
Old 11-24-14, 12:26 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by toy4two
oh we had our share of police chases, got away every time. only one friend of mine ever got caught the only reason he got caught going up the 15 to Temecula was a new at the time BMW motorcycle cop. Really all cities nationwide should pass a law like Chicago, police are NOT to ever chase a sport bike in city. Chance of catching one is next to zero but the cause for citizen death and destruction is high by the police crusier, chances are the motorcyclist will die anyway.

My 600cc bike the fastest I could go was 135MPH which is the only reason I would lose to a friends BMW M3 after miles of freeway he could finally catch up at 150+ MPH, cause around town it wans't even close. Going that fast and having tears streaming out of my eyeballs from the speed and wind noise through the helmet was terrifying, that was one of the times I should have died, a tow truck moved into the fast lane going "only" 80MPH while I was doing 135MPH and had no where to go but feathered the front brake only (kept off the back to avoid lockup) and by the time I shed 60MPH I could reach over and touch his ball hitch I was so close. Second time was hitting a semi truck retread in the middle of the freeway at 70MPH.

I take that back on a palomar run another guy got caught only because we were in a group of 12 and he stopped, he who stops first, gets the ticket.
On that same run had one guy fly into a lemon tree on Highland valley and get life flighted out only to die on the trip to the hospital. Its amazing to look back at how reckless a 16/17 year olds are on a 0-60 in 3 second machine was...I won't even drive a motorcycle to this day and my hand trembles when I even sit on a friends and rev the engine.

You only see crotch rockets getting tickets because the driver had mercy on the police officer.

This new bike is unsuited for daily use, I can't even enjoy my Porsche flat 6 around town as I'm in some guys rear bumper so quickly it pointless.
When I was younger in my rackless street racing days in my car, I found that very few bikers have the ***** to go over 120 mph, I only ever met one guy that hung with me all the way up to 160 mph. Thank god I didn't have a faster car, I might have been dead by now
Old 05-18-15, 08:54 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

World's Fastest Bike races 1350hp Nissan GT-R built by SP Engineering. First time the claimed 300hp supercharged Kawasaki H2R hyperbike has been used in America. Roll race with 50mph start speed.

World's Fastest Bike races McLaren MP4-12C supercar in half-mile airstrip race. First time the claimed 300hp supercharged Kawasaki H2R hyperbike has been used in America. Roll race with 50mph start speed.

World's Fastest Bike races million-dollar Bugatti Veyron supercar in half-mile airstrip race. First time the claimed 300hp supercharged Kawasaki H2R hyperbike has been used in America. Roll race with 50mph start speed.
H2R wins 2 out of 3.
Old 05-18-15, 09:11 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What is that GTR made of :P

Nice comeback for GTR but Ninja killed it at speeds where it matters from 50 to 150.

Don't even wanna comment on wiping the floor with Macca, that looked really bad.

What an awesome bike! This is the closest you can get of owning motoGP prototype.
Old 05-18-15, 10:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That GTR is insane!!
Old 05-18-15, 11:57 AM
nick01
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what I find more impressive, the insanity of this bike or the fact the GTR came back to win!

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Ninja H2R makes 300 horsepower. Holy. Crap.