Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Toyota Camry Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-14, 07:49 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about the 7th gen Camry.

But the 6th gen Camry with the 2.4L is a very comfortable, refined and smooth ride!

Of typical Toyota fashion that 2.4L is an impressive and silky smooth power plant.

Last edited by yowps3; 11-14-14 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-14-14, 10:22 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

boring styling never really "hurt" the camry though, people seem to accept it as is. The refreshed camry has made bigger steps forward, but the competition has made leaps, thereby diminishing the accomplishment of the new Camry.
Old 11-14-14, 11:24 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
boring styling never really "hurt" the camry though, people seem to accept it as is. The refreshed camry has made bigger steps forward, but the competition has made leaps, thereby diminishing the accomplishment of the new Camry.
Ahh yes we shall never forget the mighty Camry KILLA!

Old 11-15-14, 08:14 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's funny.

The Sonata went futuristic looking six years ago while the Camry remained homely. The unintended acceleration fiasco surely helped Hyundai.

Now the Camry is over the top and the new Sonata is boring. To mirror what happened, Hyundai has the MPG estimate fiasco that Toyota may benefit from.

It's all weird...
Old 11-16-14, 02:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
It's funny.

The Sonata went futuristic looking six years ago while the Camry remained homely. The unintended acceleration fiasco surely helped Hyundai.

Now the Camry is over the top and the new Sonata is boring. To mirror what happened, Hyundai has the MPG estimate fiasco that Toyota may benefit from.

It's all weird...
Well, Sonata, Fusion, Altima being Camry killers was really never happening. It is just media trying to get big headline article out and get some quick views.

Started with Hyundai few years back, then Fusion and heck even last year we had media claim Altima can do it.

At the same time, Toyota is maxed out on their Camry production right now.
Old 11-16-14, 02:26 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

so ugly. looks like an oversized Corolla.
Old 11-17-14, 10:50 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

The Sonata went futuristic looking six years ago while the Camry remained homely.

Now the Camry is over the top and the new Sonata is boring.
Actually, not only IMO, but also in the opinions of a number of others as well, the new Sonata is not necessarly boring.......just a return to simple common sense. The last-gen styling kind of went of the deep end.

The unintended acceleration fiasco surely helped Hyundai.
Yes, probably true. But,good as the sales figures wee for the last-generation Sonata, they probably could have sold even more with some toned-down styling. Most buyers in this class (family mid-sized sedans) are not looking for overly-sporting styling or performance.

To mirror what happened, Hyundai has the MPG estimate fiasco that Toyota may benefit from.
Well, using that theory, then Ford would probably also suffer because of similiar mileage-claim fiascos on both the EcoBoost engines and some of the hybrids.

It's all weird...
The auto industry rarely makes sense. If it DID, we wouldn't have so much to actually talk about.
Old 11-17-14, 11:38 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

The unintended acceleration fiasco surely helped Hyundai.
It probably didn't hurt that Hyundai offered $1000 rebates to Toyota owners if they traded in their Toyota on a Sonata or Elantra. As I recall, Ford, GM, and Chrysler did something similar.

As for the new Sonata, I actually quite like it. I think it is a nice improvement over the previous gen. With the new Camry, I am reserving my judgement until I see one in person. I never had an issue with the previous, tame styling, though I had a strong dislike of the interior. My parents had a '95 Camry, and everything you touched was high quality. I hope Toyota gets back to that.
Old 11-17-14, 01:32 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
It probably didn't hurt that Hyundai offered $1000 rebates to Toyota owners if they traded in their Toyota on a Sonata or Elantra. As I recall, Ford, GM, and Chrysler did something similar.

As for the new Sonata, I actually quite like it. I think it is a nice improvement over the previous gen. With the new Camry, I am reserving my judgement until I see one in person. I never had an issue with the previous, tame styling, though I had a strong dislike of the interior. My parents had a '95 Camry, and everything you touched was high quality. I hope Toyota gets back to that.
Conquest sales happen all the time
Old 11-18-14, 09:44 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tea
so ugly. looks like an oversized Corolla.
I wished it looked more like a Corolla. IMO, the Corolla's front end is the best of the current bunch of big-mouth grills (Avalon, Corolla, Yaris, Camry).

I had a chance over the weekend to look at one on the dealership floor. I am not particularly a fan of the front end. The rest of the car is fine and definitely better than the square one that preceded it.

The interior seems to be a big improvement, at least going from the low-rent interior to one that is more in line with what we have come to expect from Camry. I will reserve further judgement, however, until I see more. The ones I sat in were all black interiors and in my experience, it is very easy to hide make-or-break details in black interiors. A black interior, in my experience, may look better than it really is.

I was waiting for this Camry but it came too late. I could no longer wait for it, so I care less about it now than if I was still waiting to trade up to it.
Old 11-18-14, 11:12 AM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i always thought that camry is a grandpa car...until now. this actually looks very appealing.
Old 11-19-14, 10:50 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
I wished it looked more like a Corolla. IMO, the Corolla's front end is the best of the current bunch of big-mouth grills (Avalon, Corolla, Yaris, Camry).

I had a chance over the weekend to look at one on the dealership floor. I am not particularly a fan of the front end. The rest of the car is fine and definitely better than the square one that preceded it.

The interior seems to be a big improvement, at least going from the low-rent interior to one that is more in line with what we have come to expect from Camry. I will reserve further judgement, however, until I see more. The ones I sat in were all black interiors and in my experience, it is very easy to hide make-or-break details in black interiors. A black interior, in my experience, may look better than it really is.

I was waiting for this Camry but it came too late. I could no longer wait for it, so I care less about it now than if I was still waiting to trade up to it.
I agree. The Corolla has the best front end of the new Toyotas, I have one myself
Old 12-24-14, 06:53 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Get a little extra attention with Toyota Camry’s bold styling.

With Toyota Camry’s available Qi wireless charging, your phone can power up without a cord.

Qi wireless charging may not be compatible with all mobile phones, MP3/WMA players and like models.

Get great visibility with Toyota Camry’s available LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and Auto High Beam (ABH) headlights.

The automatic high beam system operates at speeds above 21 mph. Situations such as a dirty windshield, variable weather, lighting conditions and hilly terrain will limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually turn off. See Owner’s Manual for details.
Old 12-28-14, 08:53 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

America’s best selling sedan gets a new suit of clothing but keeps it’s familiar personality.
Old 01-01-15, 10:13 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Quick Reply: 2015 Toyota Camry Reviews