Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 News

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 03:15 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Pamperme
There's no doubt that Nissan / Infiniti knows how to make reliable cars. That's not the problem. The problem is that as Renault Managment makes deeper inroads into Infiniti as they've been doing with Nissan, reliability continues to drop. Infiniti didn't allow Renault to tamper with their reliability at first, hence the Infiniti's didn't fare as bad as the Nissans did. But as Renault has become more hands on with Infiniti, reliability has tanked ( notice how the jx and q50 did so terrible). It's a shame watching Renault's horrible reliability spread like cancer all throughout Nissan and now Infiniti. Just be careful when considering a Renault/ Nissan (Infiniti).

Renault does exterior design and innovation well. Nissan does engineering and reliability well. Had Nissan's reliability not been dismissed by Carlos Ghson, Nissan would be AWESOME!!! But as it stands now, they look nice, but fall apart
I'm not sure how much Renault management had to do with the Q50's initially glitchy infotainment system and the JX35/QX60's problematic JATCO transmission. Nissan even warned JATCO they needed to get their **** together quality wise or else.
Old 01-06-15, 03:42 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I'm not sure how much Renault management had to do with the Q50's initially glitchy infotainment system and the JX35/QX60's problematic JATCO transmission. Nissan even warned JATCO they needed to get their **** together quality wise or else.
Renault has a long history of unreliability. As their management, synergies, cost-cuttung philosophies pierce Nissan, Nissan's reliability has suffered.
Old 01-06-15, 03:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

There's no doubt that Nissan / Infiniti knows how to make reliable cars. That's not the problem. The problem is that as Renault Managment makes deeper inroads into Infiniti as they've been doing with Nissan, reliability continues to drop. Infiniti didn't allow Renault to tamper with their reliability at first, hence the Infiniti's didn't fare as bad as the Nissans did. But as Renault has become more hands on with Infiniti, reliability has tanked ( notice how the jx and q50 did so terrible). It's a shame watching Renault's horrible reliability spread like cancer all throughout Nissan and now Infiniti. Just be careful when considering a Renault/ Nissan (Infiniti).

Renault does exterior design and innovation well. Nissan does engineering and reliability well. Had Nissan's reliability not been dismissed by Carlos Ghson, Nissan would be AWESOME!!! But as it stands now, they look nice, but fall apart
Though I agree with you on some vehicles, not all of Infiniti's reliability problems can be directly traced to Renault. The Nissan/Infiniti plant at Canton, MS, which builds full-size trucks/SUVs (Titan, Armada, QX56) had well-known quality problems, and turned out quite a few unreliable QX56 (today the Q80) models for Infiniti. But, granted, that's just one vehicle out of the line-up.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-06-15 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-06-15, 08:57 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Though I agree with you on some vehicles, not all of Infiniti's reliability problems can be directly traced to Renault. The Nissan/Infiniti plant at Canton, MS, which builds full-size trucks/SUVs (Titan, Armada, QX56) had well-known quality problems, and turned out quite a few unreliable QX56 (today the Q80) models for Infiniti. But, granted, that's just one vehicle out of the line-up.
It is Renault. The CEO of one of the most unreliable brands Carlos Ghson is now calling the shots at Nissan. Renault managers have been migrated into Nissan's Managment, nissans culture is changing in the direction of Renault's ailing philosophies. Cost cutting is running rampant and reliability is merely designed to last the warranty period and no more. The 03+ murano and the vq engine was still made in Japan, yet after Renault, cheaper parts and Renault parts sharing have resulted in cheaper less reliable suppliers for the timing chain tensioner resulting in engines having an expensive repair. Before Renault, the vq was flawless. Now they consume oil, have faulty sensors, and destructive catylitic converters. The murano along with the maxima land on Consumer Reeports USED CARS TO AVOID LIST by the 4th year. Ac systems which have traditionally proven flawless in Nissan Maxima's now have issues. Transmissions and radiators meet in a symphony of catastrophe on pathfinders and xterra's There is no question that after Renault, Nissan is now the most unreliable brand from Japan. Nissan is a Japanese brand ruined by French reliability. Sad but true. And the reliability trajectory continues to fall. It's a shame because the exterior and interior designs are AWESOME!!

Last edited by Pamperme; 01-06-15 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-06-15, 09:41 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It is Renault. The CEO of one of the most unreliable brands Carlos Ghson is now calling the shots at Nissan. Renault managers have been migrated into Nissan's Managment, nissans culture is changing in the direction of Renault's ailing philosophies. Cost cutting is running rampant and reliability is merely designed to last the warranty period and no more. The 03+ murano and the vq engine was still made in Japan, yet after Renault, cheaper parts and Renault parts sharing have resulted in cheaper less reliable suppliers for the timing chain tensioner resulting in engines having an expensive repair. Before Renault, the vq was flawless. Now they consume oil, have faulty sensors, and destructive catylitic converters. The murano along with the maxima land on Consumer Reeports USED CARS TO AVOID LIST by the 4th year. Ac systems which have traditionally proven flawless in Nissan Maxima's now have issues. Transmissions and radiators meet in a symphony of catastrophe on pathfinders and xterra's There is no question that after Renault, Nissan is now the most unreliable brand from Japan. Nissan is a Japanese brand ruined by French reliability. Sad but true. And the reliability trajectory continues to fall. It's a shame because the exterior and interior designs are AWESOME!!
Revisionist history, you do realize that Nissan was on a downward spiral before the merger, and that the merger basically saved the company from oblivion. Ghosn and Renault was essentially their savior .
Old 01-06-15, 09:44 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jwong77
Revisionist history, you do realize that Nissan was on a downward spiral before the merger, and that the merger basically saved the company from oblivion. Ghosn and Renault was essentially their savior .
Absolutely. And I've been watching the reliability decline slowly but surely since the 1999 merger.
And once the public gets wind of these disguised Renaults with a Nissan badge, they'll need saving again if reliability doesn't improve.
Old 01-06-15, 10:04 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I see is someone ranting Renault/Nissan CEO. Just go back to the topic already.
Old 01-07-15, 03:58 AM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cino
All I see is someone ranting Renault/Nissan CEO. Just go back to the topic already.
Perhaps. So long as its understood that everything I have spoken is true. Do with that information what u like. Ignore it or heed it. It's up to u.
Old 01-07-15, 06:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Well, part of that IS the topic. If we're going to talk about the Q60, even with Infiniti's relatively generous warranty, I think its potential reliability should be an issue. Of course, reliability is not the ONLY issue with a vehicle....but many potential buyers (me included) make their purchase/lease choose at least partly based on it.
Old 01-07-15, 08:23 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, part of that IS the topic. If we're going to talk about the Q60, even with Infiniti's relatively generous warranty, I think its potential reliability should be an issue. Of course, reliability is not the ONLY issue with a vehicle....but many potential buyers (me included) make their purchase/lease choose at least partly based on it.
Don't you think that the point can be better presented? Instead of repetitively bringing up a name. Sure, Nissan may be the one Japanese company I don't trust when it comes to reliability. It just sounds disturbing to me.
Old 01-07-15, 10:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Can't say I really like what I am seeing. The front end/snout is just ugly and the side profile just looks wrong, especially toward the rear. The tail light treatment looks pretty good and it has some decent angles but overall the design is kind of a mess, looks more like a Genesis coupe. It is too overdone in some areas and then too plain and bland in other areas making it non cohesive. This is not unique to Infiniti or just this design but much of modern car design with all the needless extra creases, surfacing, big oversized grills, stubby high noses, oversized headlight/tail light units, it just ruins otherwise decent designs. Interior looks pretty nice but this does not have the elegance or nice simple design of the original G35 coupe.
Old 01-07-15, 05:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Don't you think that the point can be better presented? Instead of repetitively bringing up a name. Sure, Nissan may be the one Japanese company I don't trust when it comes to reliability. It just sounds disturbing to me.
Well, it has to be remembered that automotive "reliability" is measured in today's terms, where, by the standards of several decades ago, almost all vehicles today could be considered reliable. I clearly remember (and unfortunately, owned) some vehicles from the late 70s and 80s that, compared to even today's "unreliable" cars such as the Nissans we are talking about, couldn't hold a candle to them. It makes you wonder how those cars back then ever got off the assembly lines.
Old 01-08-15, 07:45 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

anyways, back on topic with the Q60. it looks good in photo, but im afraid like the Q50, its going to be a bit boring once we see it on the streets.
Old 01-10-15, 04:09 PM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^^^^^ I don't know, it looks good to me.

Old 01-11-15, 03:30 AM
zema
Driver

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 News