Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 News

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-15, 04:52 PM
Loe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, this has presence (even more so than the RC, and I LOVE the RC)
Old 01-05-15, 05:51 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

looks like the fender shark fin from the 599xx...

It would be cool if it comes standard on all coupe trims.
Attached Thumbnails Infiniti Q60 News-670x377image.jpg  
Old 01-05-15, 06:05 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I also see some S class coupe in the font door side profile area.
Old 01-05-15, 06:49 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The RC/Q60 war is about to boil. This is getting good...
Old 01-05-15, 08:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice! Hopefully they will introduce a vert as well and we can finally say goodbye to our G37! This looks good, and although I love Lexus, more mature than the RC.
Old 01-05-15, 09:31 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The RC/Q60 war is about to boil. This is getting good...
What a picture you have painted in my head. Acura needs to get this **** together and produce another RSX albeit with SH-AWD and TTV6/h power trains
Old 01-05-15, 09:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Unless I just missed it, the article doesn't say whether or not it's planned to have an AWD option like past G35 and G37 coupes.
Old 01-05-15, 09:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Despite the tech advances of the G37 Coupe, the curves looked way too feminine for my taste whereas the G35 coupe looked the part. So, agreed.
I don't mean to dig up an old post, Hoovey, but I'm not sure what you mean, even in the curves, by "feminine" as applies to this car? Most of those I've seen who own or drive G-coupes have been male......though I admit it's no Camry or Accord when it comes to popularity.
Old 01-05-15, 09:54 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Genesys Coupe side profile - OK. I like the front. Reminds me of the XFR-S
Not this again... You see the Genesis coupe side profile because.... it was heavily inspired by the original G35/37 coupe. I've read similar things about seeing Kia in a recently announced Audi or BMW car.
Old 01-05-15, 10:21 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I don't mean to dig up an old post, Hoovey, but I'm not sure what you mean, even in the curves, by "feminine" as applies to this car? Most of those I've seen who own or drive G-coupes have been male......though I admit it's no Camry or Accord when it comes to popularity.
Just stating a personal taste. I find the more squarish shape of the 1st generation G more attractive than the curvy 2nd generation. Incidentally I like the sedans of both gens

Old 01-05-15, 11:06 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Its just a concept, let me see what the real deal looks like first. It feels like every time I see a concept that I really like from a mainstream automaker, the actual production vehicle looses just enough to make the car look meh or worse yet ugly.
Old 01-06-15, 02:19 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jwong77
Its just a concept, let me see what the real deal looks like first. It feels like every time I see a concept that I really like from a mainstream automaker, the actual production vehicle looses just enough to make the car look meh or worse yet ugly.
Not only mainstream, also the German. Just look at BMW CS and VFL and how the 6er/7er look like in production form.
Old 01-06-15, 07:49 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default New Infiniti Q60 Coupe Concept Detailed in 26 Fresh Photos

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/01/new...-detailed.html

A full batch of photos of the Infiniti Q60 Coupe Concept surfaced online giving us a detailed look at the firm's upcoming BMW 4-Series adversary.

Most of what you see here will be present on the production car that will be introduced later in 2015, with a convertible model to likely follow within the next two years.

Infiniti's two-door version of the new Q50 sedan is a slick looking coupe featuring design cues from the Q80 Inspiration study as well as the Q50 Eau Rouge sports saloon concept with swooping lines and a low-slung fascia that's dominated by a large grille.

The heavily sculpted rear section has thin light clusters and some dramatic exhaust pipes, which will probably not make it on the production car, or at least not on the regular versions.

From some angles, the Q60 Concept coupe looks a bit too busy, but Infiniti will likely tone it down a few notches before the car reaches the brand's dealerships.

Being the coupe version of the Q50 sedan, the Q60 Concept's interior is identical, sans the show-car glitz with quilted door panel and seat covers, carbon fiber trims and a thinner and sportier steering wheel.

While Infiniti hasn't mentioned anything about the Q60's underpinnings, it should share everything with the Q50.

The Q60 Concept will break cover at the 2015 Detroit Motor Show next week.
Old 01-06-15, 10:16 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Default Infiniti Q60 concept rendered as production model

Production-spec Q60 coming this year

X-Tomi Design has given the Infiniti Q60 concept a makeover suitable for the upcoming production model.

Infiniti still hasn't shown the Q60 concept in the flesh but that didn't stop X-Tomi Design to alter the official renders in order to create his vision of the production car.

As expected, it looks toned down and less exciting but nevertheless it's still an interesting design proposal for this segment and offers enough variety compared to its German competitors.

Infiniti styled the Q60 concept using design influences from the gorgeous Q80 Inspiration concept as well as from the Q50 Eau Rouge concept. A better view of the concept will be possible starting January 13 at NAIAS in Detroit while the production-spec car is going to be introduced later this year, with assembly taking place in United Kingdom. Infiniti has already announced the car will also be produced in Mexico starting 2017.

Details about the model are scarce at the moment but Infiniti has previously said it will be bigger than a BMW 4-Series but smaller than a 6-Series.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501068...oduction-model
Old 01-06-15, 12:17 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's no doubt that Nissan / Infiniti knows how to make reliable cars. That's not the problem. The problem is that as Renault Managment makes deeper inroads into Infiniti as they've been doing with Nissan, reliability continues to drop. Infiniti didn't allow Renault to tamper with their reliability at first, hence the Infiniti's didn't fare as bad as the Nissans did. But as Renault has become more hands on with Infiniti, reliability has tanked ( notice how the jx and q50 did so terrible). It's a shame watching Renault's horrible reliability spread like cancer all throughout Nissan and now Infiniti. Just be careful when considering a Renault/ Nissan (Infiniti).

Renault does exterior design and innovation well. Nissan does engineering and reliability well. Had Nissan's reliability not been dismissed by Carlos Ghson, Nissan would be AWESOME!!! But as it stands now, they look nice, but fall apart

Last edited by Pamperme; 01-06-15 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 News