Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 News

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-14, 11:39 AM
1neeto
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Despite the tech advances of the G37 Coupe, the curves looked way too feminine for my taste whereas the G35 coupe looked the part. So, agreed.
I could never get past the G35 headlights. The side profile and rear (especially with the spoiler) looked great. But those horrid headlights...
Old 09-21-14, 07:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Despite the tech advances of the G37 Coupe, the curves looked way too feminine for my taste whereas the G35 coupe looked the part. So, agreed.
Lol - almost all the g37 coupes I see (including my s.o's) are black, making it look less curvy but regardless, I think it's an awesome looking car.

Do you find the Mazda 6 to be 'feminine' or the Lexus rc which has more curves than Marilyn Monroe?
Old 09-22-14, 11:24 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Lol - almost all the g37 coupes I see (including my s.o's) are black, making it look less curvy but regardless, I think it's an awesome looking car.

Do you find the Mazda 6 to be 'feminine' or the Lexus rc which has more curves than Marilyn Monroe?
The Katana design from Infiniti doesn't appeal to me (except the new Q50 and QX60) unlike Mazda's Kodo design and Lexus's L-Finesse which are better done IMHO. Of course what we're talking about is subjective so I don't expect everyone to agree with my views or vice versa savy
Old 09-22-14, 12:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I wish they would focus on producing better cars. New cars are great, but look at the Q50....it sells like cancer in AZ. I think I have seen 5 in the last year. Cant believe how poor they sell. In 03-04 the G35s were on every single street corner. What happened ?
Old 09-22-14, 12:09 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The Q50 was obviously a botched production, but there's nothing to suggest they're not trying to get it right now. Hopefully they've learned from their mistake and the upcoming crossovers and sedans won't meet a similar fate.

Debuting a car with a half-baked infotainment system, uncompetitive fuel economy on the low-end of the price scale, and wonky electronic steering is not the recipe for success.
Old 09-22-14, 12:47 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I see a million this color in my area....

Old 09-22-14, 03:46 PM
Carmaker1
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 56 Posts

I had actually confirmed this in several places a few weeks ago, including here in the "LE" thread. Thanks to my father (Infiniti VIP), I was invited with him and my mother to see the updated QX80 and Q70 last year. A few people I know, were shown not only those two at another venue, but a concept proposal of this car and more models (2015-17), just a few months before us and this year as well.

That is how I knew about the 2016 LE/Q40, Q30, QX30, QX50, QX70 (S52) ,and Q60 a bit earlier than the media and others. After de Nysschen rejected the planned G37 coupe (V37) back in 2012, under the direction of Alfonso Albaisa, design work was finished last year (after those showings). Outside of CL, a few have contested the existence of these models, but will only eat their words later on.

Infiniti has been holding customer clinics on the it in parts of the US (Florida) and UK (Birmingham) most of this year and it wears an aggressive interpretation of the Infiniti grille. The latter clinic I unfortunately did not get an invitation to, despite being a (V36) G35 owner. It has even been said for awhile, that Infiniti would not see the proper results of their restructuring until 2015-16 and would undergo a very difficult 2 years.

Not surprising, considering how the Q50 was originally a G37 (V37) upon design completion in June 2011. Most these changes were ordered from mid-2012 and required a 6-12 month turn out for re-presentation/final approval in 2013, then requiring another 24-30 months until public launch in 2015-2016. Do not even count too much on test mules/prototypes as a hint, since most of that will be cleverly hidden by Nissan (same with imminent Titan). If one does see the redesigns testing, it would likely be 12-15 months after final approval last year (based on patterns).
Old 09-22-14, 04:04 PM
1neeto
Driver

Damn this thread is making me miss my G coupe.

Old 11-20-14, 10:32 AM
zema
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infiniti Q60 Concept To Debut At 2015 Detroit Auto Show

Infiniti may have just lost its turnaround strategist Johan de Nysschen but the automaker has no intention of slowing down the expansion plans devised under the guidance of the South African executive. Infiniti recently appointed a new chief in the form of former BMW exec Roland Krüger, and at last month’s Paris Auto Show it gave us a preview of a new flagship model with its Q80 Inspiration concept.

Other new models on the horizon include an entry-level Q30 hatch and a QX30 crossover spinoff, but before these arrive we’ll see a new Q60. The Q60, for those not up to date with Infiniti’s new naming strategy, is essentially the G coupe, which was last renewed for the 2008 model year.

The new Q60 is expected on the market late next year, as a 2016 model, and now Infiniti’s design chief Alfonso Albaisa has revealed to Motor Trend that a production-like concept version of the car will be presented on January 13. That date just so happens to coincide with one of the press days for the 2015 Detroit Auto Show, suggesting we'll see the concept relatively soon.

As for the eventual production version, Shiro Nakamura, design chief for all Nissan brands, previously said the new Q60 will target the BMW 4-Series but will be slightly larger and feature a design influenced by the Q80 Inspiration. Other potential rivals for the new coupe include the Audi A5, Cadillac ATS Coupe, Lexus RC and Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe.

The platform for the new Q60 is likely to be a shortened version of the rear-wheel-drive platform underpinning the Q50 sedan. It’s too early to talk powertrains but it’s possible we’ll see the new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 from the Q80 Inspiration offered in the new Q60. There’s also the chance that a high-performance Eau Rouge version powered by the Nissan GT-R’s twin-turbo V-6 could be developed at some point.

Stay tuned for an update.
Source: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...roit-auto-show
Old 11-20-14, 10:36 AM
zema
Driver

Six Things We Learned From Infiniti Design Director Alfonso Albaisa

The Los Angeles auto show kicked off this morning in downtown L.A. with a bang, with Audi unveiling its beautiful Prologue concept car and Cadillac the long-awaited ATS-V. Though most automakers have major plans for the L.A. auto show, others simply show up to show off what they've already got. With big plans for the upcoming Detroit auto show, Infiniti is one of those automakers that simply showed up -- but that doesn't mean nothing worthwhile is coming out of the Infiniti booth. We caught up with Infiniti executive design director Alfonso Albaisa. Here are six things we learned.

1) The production models are coming, starting with the next Q60: Sick of all the Infiniti concepts and the lack of production cars? Albaisa says production vehicles are coming. "On January 13, you're going to see a concept car that's very, very, very, very close to the next Q60."

2) The Infiniti Q60 design was not rejected by Johan de Nysschen: Despite rumors that the Q60 design was rejected by former-Infiniti-now-Cadillac chief Johan de Nysschen multiple times, Albaisa says that's untrue. "When you have a transparent relationship with the big boss, nothing gets sent back because he's never too far from the process -- that was the benefit of working with him," he told us. Rather, the Q60 design would go back and forth between de Nysschen and the design team as the car was finalized.

3) The Infiniti Q30 Concept wasn't actually a Concept: "Q30, as was shown in Frankfurt, was actually the go-with beta model for the production car. All we did was change the front [and it’s the production car]."

4) Nothing has really changed since de Nysschen's departure: According to Albaisa, nothing much has changed since de Nysschen's sudden departure for Cadillac. "He left after everything was signed off," said Albaisa. New head Roland Krüger, who Albaisa proudly points out comes from the design side of the business, has already dived in head-first into his new role.

5) The Infiniti grille is inspired by a suspension bridge's reflection in water: Ever wonder what exactly was going on with Infiniti's new corporate grille? According to Albaisa, the top half of the grille mimics the graceful form of a suspension bridge, while the bottom half mimics its reflection in the water.

6) Much of Infiniti design is inspired by Michelangelo: Infiniti's design team is heavily influenced by the work of Italian renaissance artist Michelangelo. Infiniti designs will increasingly mimic the human form in the coming years, and its designs are done in such a way that it allows the cars to stand out in urban areas like Hong Kong and New York.
Source: MotorTrend
Old 11-20-14, 10:47 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The platform for the new Q60 is likely to be a shortened version of the rear-wheel-drive platform underpinning the Q50 sedan. It’s too early to talk powertrains but it’s possible we’ll see the new twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 from the Q80 Inspiration offered in the new Q60. There’s also the chance that a high-performance Eau Rouge version powered by the Nissan GT-R’s twin-turbo V-6 could be developed at some point.
Intrest piqued..
Old 11-20-14, 10:49 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Great news, let's see how this turns out.
Old 11-20-14, 10:59 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

I have always been a fan of the G37 coupe. This is actually my 2nd one so I am pretty excited to see what Infiniti has to offer with their next coupe.

Here is my current G37 Sport 6MT. I have plans to change my car next year and with the new GT350/RCF/M3/M4 the choices get harder and harder.

Death stare

Bagged with ACCUAIR

Gloss Silver 20x10.5 F&R

Supercharged

Gloss Graphite VLE1

Last edited by Diego@Vossen; 11-20-14 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-20-14, 01:39 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Diego, your G looks great! I
Old 11-20-14, 02:19 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
[CENTER][SIZE="3"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I have always been a fan of the G37 coupe. This is actually my 2nd one so I am pretty excited to see what Infiniti has to offer with their next coupe.

Here is my current G37 Sport 6MT. I have plans to change my car next year and with the new GT350/RCF/M3/M4 the choices get harder and harder.
need to slam that thing

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 News