Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What's Your Favorite Thing About Your Lexus?

Old 09-18-14, 07:41 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

With my CT 200h I love the mpg's. Most of my long travels I'll take the CT to save on gas. The front driver seat (full leather package) is extremely comfortable especially on long trips. I love the ease of maneuverability and the extreme low cost of maintenance. I really love the radar cruise control (awesome feature, slows down and speeds up automatically) on long trips. So far I've got over 76K miles on my CT.

With my GX 460 I love the space. When I need to bring more people or cargo I definitely take the GX. I love the four wheel drive capabilities (so far I have used it once). I love the power and smoothness of the 4.6 liter V8.

In the past I loved my SC 400 because of the cool factor. It was unique. The rear seats were roomy enough. I loved the 4.0 liter V8 as well.

As for my GS 300 I loved the space, quietness and the straight 6 engine had decent power.

For my ES 300 which was my very first Lexus I loved the reliability and I drove her to over 400,000 miles and a week later she got rear-ended...

Last edited by Trexus; 09-19-14 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-18-14, 07:54 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

From a GS F-Sport standpoint, I love the way the car looks, I love the fit and finish, I love the way it handles like it is a size smaller, I love the "get up and go" that is there when you need it , I love the Cabernet interior that I've seen nowhere else and I love the way my Lexus service person knows how I baby the car so she asks if there are any touch-ups that are needed when I take it in for service.

Most importantly, I love the fact that after almost 3 years I've never had one issue with it.

BTW, this is from someone who gave up on Lexus in 2003 and went down the Infiniti and Audi path until the 4GS was introduced. Unless they really screw up on future models, now they have me for life.
Old 09-18-14, 09:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

I think Lexus has always been about "refinement" for me personally and then reliability.. Finding this website back in 2003 and seeing the 2GS just screamed refinement and everyone putting there individual touch on every 2GS i came across... From the doors closing, the hood closing, and the drive, Lexus has to be the best car ever made..period
Old 09-18-14, 11:00 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ventilated seats... aka ball coolers. Best thing in the car
Old 09-19-14, 02:52 AM
revlimitLG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 03' IS 200, and I love the sound of the straight 6 when revved, and I like the dash, which compares to nothing else!
Old 09-19-14, 04:02 AM
dsadsauser
Pole Position

My favorite things are:

-Lexus holds appeal very well, as does MB and BMW. The novelty of owning a Lexus doesn't get old.
-A ten year old Lexus runs as well as a new one.
-They are all aerodynamic and stylish (a first-gen GS still looks AMAZING).
-Lexus has no real weakness across the board- find me another car manufacturer that can claim the same.
Old 09-19-14, 07:27 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Fantastic lease rates! Without which, I would not likely have two sitting in my garage.

About the cars, though...

For my IS, I love the handling and the looks. I never grow tired of driving it or staring at it.

For my RX, I love the refined, effortless way it does everything. You glide on down the road in a quiet, comfortable, roomy, fuss free bubble.
Old 09-19-14, 08:21 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That my now almost 9 year old IS still feels like a new car.
Old 09-19-14, 08:28 AM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

...that it's not German. I kid. I kid. Well, kinda.
Old 09-19-14, 08:33 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Almost as nice as the Germans (in some cases nicer) with out any of the headache's. The older I get the less I can tolerate driving something that breaks therefor Lexus becomes more and more appealing. Lexus has my attention, if they can replace their ailing power trains with something fresh and innovating there really is no reason to German (for me.)
Old 09-19-14, 09:43 AM
Switchride
Driver School Candidate

Reliability was important for sure but the overall fun of having a dual personality luxury and sporty car is what I love most.
Old 09-19-14, 11:06 AM
1neeto
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got me (well the wife really) a 2010 HS250h premium. Traded a 2008 G37S coupe for it. So far I love the obvious difference in gas mileage. The G would average 18-19 mixed city/highway driving, which is pretty pitiful, especially with today's gas prices. So far the HS is averaging 33-34 mpg's, which is not bad at all, I even got as good as 44 mpg on a 75 mile trip. So the 40+ benchmark is very possible with this car.

Other things I like is the interior. The G had a great interior, but this car is just more refined inside. The nav screen is bigger and has a higher resolution, the leather on the seats is nice and they are comfortable, but I wish they were fully covered in leather. The plastic back is a bit of a turnoff. Also, they're nowhere near as supportive as the G with the S package, but it's not like gonna be shooting for apexes in this Lexus anyway. The CVT as weird as it felt at first, I really enjoy its smoothness now. The ride is nice without feeling too soft. Overall, this car is very comfortable to drive and it's a nice place to be when inside.
Old 09-19-14, 04:05 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

07 IS350 with optional F-Sport exhaust

I think the Blue Sapphire Pearl paint is the most beautiful I have ever seen & the sound & acceleration from the engine are fantastic too.
Attached Thumbnails What's Your Favorite Thing About Your Lexus?-dsc00591.jpg  
Old 09-19-14, 07:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Blue Sapphire Pearl IS one of the most beautiful colors ever produced, and despite the intro of the 3IS the 2IS still looks good.
Old 09-19-14, 09:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by amorales
I love my ventilated seats, sometimes i like to jump right into it on a hot day, i get fully naked and feel the ventilation hit my bare nuts.... its an extraordinary experience specially with the bucket seats.
You sit in your birthday suit on leather that's been in the hot sun?

Whatever............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's Your Favorite Thing About Your Lexus?