Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 concept

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-14, 06:46 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 concept

Lamborghini just shared this outline of a mystery car and told us that we're going to see it in the flesh at the Paris Motor Show in October.

Sweet, but the Italians aren't saying what it is that we're looking at here, leaving our imagination to run wild.

The shape of the roof and the window line clearly point to a coupe-like model with the rear wheel-arch kink hinting at a mid-engine configuration.

All told, here's what we think it could be:

1. Lamborghini's interpretation of a Coupe Crossover in the mold of the Audi Nanuk and Italdesign Parcour concepts

2. A new 2+2 seater Lamborghini supercar (concept or production). We got that idea pinned to our head from the photo tag that reads, "Once perfection is achieved, you can just double it"

3. Another super-limited production supercar based on the Huracan or the Aventador like the Veneno and the Sesto Elemento

Do you have any different ideas?
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/new...irmed-for.html
Old 09-18-14, 01:05 PM
John Coyle
CL Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given the "double it" tag line, I'm pretty certain this is a next-gen Espada, a 2+2 GT car. But they're keeping a pretty good lock on this one! No leaks yet!
Old 09-18-14, 02:38 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I also think it's a GT car. Excited!
Old 09-18-14, 02:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

you can tell its a GT car from the shape. I am hoping it will look something like a new Miura !
Old 09-19-14, 01:33 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lamborghini's Mystery Paris Debut Rumored to be a Hybrid Named Asterion

You had your chance to speculate on Lamborghini's secret Paris Motor Show debut in our previous article, now it's time for some fresh rumors that say it will be a hybrid model named the Asterion.

The story stems from Autoblog.nl, which says Lamborghini recently trademarked the name Asterion together with the logo that contains what they see as a lightning rod crossing the "o", leading them to believe that it will be an electrified model. To some, the sign might look like a bull's tale, but we see how they reached that assumption.

The name most likely originates from Greek mythology and the half-bull, half-man creature Minotaur that was known as Asterion in Crete.

We should know if all this holds true in the coming weeks.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/lam...ris-debut.html
Old 09-19-14, 02:29 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From that sketch, it looks like a Bentley Continental, but I guess we will have to wait and see. It would be interesting to see a 2+2 Lamborghini.
Old 09-26-14, 05:44 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lamborghini Asterion rendered based on teaser image

Arriving next week in Paris

The Lamborghini concept set to debut next week at the Paris Motor Show has been rendered based on the official teaser image.

The name of the model will reportedly be "Asterion" as suggested by a trademark application from July 31st with the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market. Chances are the vehicle will adopt a hybrid powertrain as suggested by the lightning bolt above the "o" in the logo although Lamborghini has not confirmed this information.

Little else is known about the car but Lamborghini hinted "once perfection is achieved, you can just double it." As seen in this render, the 2+2 vehicle will have a long sloping roofline together with muscular rear fenders featuring built-in air intakes as well as massive alloy wheels and a short rear overhang.

Full details and images will be disclosed on October 2 when the concept will debut in Paris.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11409268...n-teaser-image
Old 09-26-14, 07:40 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lamborghini Asterion leaked?

Debuts October 2 in Paris

Several magazine screenshots depicting what appears to be the Lamborghini Asterion have emerged.

Lamborghini released a teaser image a few days ago serving as an announcement for a new concept set to be introduced next week at the Paris Motor Show and it seems the attached images match the profile of the car shown in the teaser pic. Details about the vehicle are not known at this moment but it will likely be called “Asterion", with a lightning bolt above the "o" which could indicate a hybrid setup.

According to a "reliable Lamborghini source" cited by AutoBlog.nl, the Italian marque will bring another car to next week's Paris Motor Show which is believed to be a production model sitting on top of the Aventador. However, we have our doubts about that and at the most it could turn out to be the Aventador SV.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11409268...sterion-leaked
Old 09-26-14, 09:22 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Looks more like an entry level Lambo, like a Cayman Hybrid and Production ready. Will Marchionne now bring the Ferrari Dino V6?
Old 09-26-14, 11:15 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Wow looks like their current design language only exploited more. I'll have to see it in the flesh
Old 09-28-14, 09:27 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Photos of Lamborghini Asterion, Reportedly a V10 Hybrid with 900PS

A new set of magazine scans of Lamborghini's mysterious world premiere for next week's 2014 Paris Auto Show has hit the web.

This time, they give us a much clearer view of the Italian supercar believed to be a hybrid named the Asterion after the half-man, half-bull creature from Greek mythology.

From what we understand, these scans that appeared on Forumpro were sourced from Italian magazine Quattroruote and while the question mark remains on whether they're real or an elaborate series of renderings. If it's the latter, we'd say they're probably pretty darn close to the real thing...

The accompanying article purportedly mentions that the Asterion gets a V10 petrol engine and three-electric motors to deliver around 900PS or 888hp.

The official reveal of Lamborghini's new supercar will take place on October 1.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/09/new...-asterion.html
Old 09-28-14, 12:39 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Don't know, but design or styling wise, it doesn't cry "900 PS". Looks more like entry level Lambo.
Old 09-28-14, 12:43 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Looks like a baby Huracan to me. Cayman fighter?
Old 09-28-14, 01:50 PM
Levi68
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cino
Looks like a baby Huracan to me. Cayman fighter?
A baby Huracan or Cayman fighter with 900 PS? It looks less spectacular than a Huracan yet is faster than the extremely spectacular not necessarily good looking Veneno? Maybe a mix of two concepts, one for Lamborghini's LaFerrari/P1 fighter and its entry level model, but this concept looks production ready. Wonder what it'll be.
Old 09-28-14, 02:10 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Levi68
A baby Huracan or Cayman fighter with 900 PS? It looks less spectacular than a Huracan yet is faster than the extremely spectacular not necessarily good looking Veneno? Maybe a mix of two concepts, one for Lamborghini's LaFerrari/P1 fighter and its entry level model, but this concept looks production ready. Wonder what it'll be.
I didn't read the detail, but this car will have close to 900hp? What? I like what I'm seeing. Maybe it's their high end GT supercar?

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 concept