Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Mercedes E Class

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 12:27 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

If the C class is any indication, US models will not get the blue vein, which is active when the doors are unlocked as a type of welcome light.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed at the design. I like the dual projection look and also thought they would use multibeam style lights. Hopefully they are an option

EDIT: looks like these are already the multibeam lights as it says so inside the housing...
Old 07-08-15, 05:50 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait to see the new AMG E!
Old 07-08-15, 07:41 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
EDIT: looks like these are already the multibeam lights as it says so inside the housing...
Yep. And they're improved, with 84 LED's over the CLS's 24 LED's in each housing.
Old 07-14-15, 05:48 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mercedes-Benz is taking a further major step along the road to accident-free and autonomous driving: Drivers can expect to enjoy a new dimension of safety, comfort and stress relief in the future E-Class, which is being launched next spring. Numerous innovations in the new driver assistance package will enable semi-automated driving on freeways, highways and in city traffic, allow the car to be moved into and out of tight parking spaces from outside using a smartphone app, and facilitate autonomous braking to mitigate dangerous situations.
Old 07-14-15, 07:57 PM
RXSF

^^ feature not coming to the US
Old 07-14-15, 11:43 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is locking/unlocking with your phone more convenient then just having a key in your pocket. Are they banking on the trend?

Nice technology showcase, I applaud for the effort. Some of it are gimmicks like that parking thing, much like with LS and most of them will come at steep price.
Old 07-15-15, 04:47 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
How is locking/unlocking with your phone more convenient then just having a key in your pocket. Are they banking on the trend?
One less thing to have to carry with you. Although I know many of us have house keys that still need to be taken around so this isn't all that great. Better than that gigantic key BMW is asking that you carry around for the new 7-series. And that key has to be charged.
Old 07-15-15, 01:17 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Originally Posted by TangoRed
One less thing to have to carry with you. Although I know many of us have house keys that still need to be taken around so this isn't all that great. Better than that gigantic key BMW is asking that you carry around for the new 7-series. And that key has to be charged.
It would save me from having to carry around a rather bulky key fob. And -- in time -- it would be adopted by other car brands so we would eventually get away with carrying around multiple key fobs or keys.

The other day, I had to move my wife's car so it got me thinking about how handy it would be to open and start both of our cars (my ESh and my wife's Accord) with my smartphone. I had to pick up the bulky key to her car, in addition to my bulky key fob and house keys (on the same keychain). If I could open both cars with just my smartphone I would not have to pick up my keychain and look for the spare key for my wife's car.

The only problem is with Near Field Communication (NFC), you have to physically tap the phone to the receiver (the door handle); but having a dedicated holder (and built-in wireless charger) in the car for the smartphone would save me from having to place my phone in one of the cupholders as I do now.
Old 07-15-15, 04:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
i am still laughing about that fob on the 7 series
Old 07-17-15, 04:49 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am still laughing about that fob on the 7 series
Exactly what I thought about the stupid BMW key when I see this on the MB.

The current key is already bulky to put in my pocket, and I can't imagine to have a huge BMW display key in there. And I have to charge it as smart phone? No thanks.
Old 07-20-15, 03:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Exactly what I thought about the stupid BMW key when I see this on the MB.

The current key is already bulky to put in my pocket, and I can't imagine to have a huge BMW display key in there. And I have to charge it as smart phone? No thanks.
as if i don't have enough to play with on my iphone now i have my key display to play with lol
Old 07-20-15, 06:17 PM
RXSF

Interesting to see the pre safe side bolster in action

Old 07-20-15, 09:30 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Damn the premium car market is so competitive these days, I love it. Great job on the E Class. Mercedes is making cars that I would want to buy.
Old 07-21-15, 12:28 AM
Levi68
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Low resolution leak of add.
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Mercedes E Class-img_20150720_195248.png  
Old 07-21-15, 11:29 AM
RXSF

Probably a fake. Why create an ad for a car that wont come out until summer of next year

Quick Reply: 2017 Mercedes E Class