Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Alfa Romeo Giulia (Type 952)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-14, 07:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Feels like it, I know our New Car Sales sell around invoice and our Used Car Sales goes by market based pricing (also called One-Price Store). Trying to maximize volume by selling cheaper in hopes of making money on the back end (Finance) and Service and Parts.
yeah, but imagine having 3x less sales than you do... basically they are like Mitsubishi in the USA.
Old 11-26-14, 05:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

As the calendar shifts, so do Alfa Romeo's plans. At the LA Auto Show, Harald Wester, head of Alfa Romeo, said the brand would unveil its second US model – after the 4C – next June, but he wouldn't identify the type of car. A report in Automotive News Europe, quoting sources, says that it will be a midsize sedan in the mold of the erstwhile 159 that was supposed to become the Giulia but now has a new brief and perhaps a new name.

"Giulia" should be familiar because we've been hearing about it for more than three years – in fact it was 2011 when it was thrown back on the drawing board for a complete redesign. Last year the plan – or the anonymously-sourced bits of the plan that we kept getting – were for the platform to go rear-wheel drive and do duty for both a BMW 3 Series and 5 Series competitor. ANE's latest intel is that the coming midsize sedan will be come in between the 3 Series and 5 Series – a strategy used by the original Cadillac CTS – slotting in beneath a "flagship sedan" that would fit between the 5 Series and 7 Series. That would appear to contradict a direct challenge to the entry-level segment's standard-bearer, and perhaps the M3, too.

Those two Alfa sedans would be part of an eight-model onslaught happening over the next four years, which is a new matrix compared to April of this year when that was reported to be six models over the next five years. ANE says work has started on three of them, a midsize SUV said to be the third. The push is to get Alfa to 400,000 annual sales – 100,000 more than the April target – with the US accounting for 150,000 of that.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/26/a...sedan-june-us/
Old 04-08-15, 07:25 AM
zema
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FCA to produce engines for new Alfa Romeo models at Termoli

(Reuters) - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV says:

* Will invest more than 500 million euros to produce two new Alfa Romeo engines at Termoli, Italy plant

* Both engines are for future Alfa Romeo models and as such will play an important role in the brand's global relaunch

* The first engine is an advanced, high output 4-cylinder engine developed for Alfa Romeo. The second is a Ferrari-derived 6-cylinder engine developed specifically for Alfa Romeo
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0WK01R20150408
Old 06-23-15, 06:04 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

We're getting so close! Let's make a new thread tomorrow.

Old 06-23-15, 10:16 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

New Alfa Romeo Giulia
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/06/new...really-it.html
We bring you the very first pictures of Alfa Romeo's all-new Giulia sports sedan, almost 24 hours ahead of the car's official reveal, thanks to one of our readers.

Our tipster says that what we're looking at he is the Quadrifoglio Verde (QV) sports model, and we think he's right. We'd go on a limb and say that it's probably powered by Alfa Romeo's all-new, Ferrari-sourced V6 engine. The other powertrain announced by the Italian brand for the new Giulia is a next-generation turbocharged four-cylinder gasoline mill.

Old 06-23-15, 12:58 PM
LH1
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 87 Posts

Damn I really like that!
Old 06-23-15, 01:24 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

This could be a big hit for Alfa, Hope reliability is greatly improve with this model.
Old 06-24-15, 04:50 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

There was a time that I was a hardcore Alfisti with a few of the latest Fiat-Alfas. Loved that Twin Spark sound at 6800 rpm... I never got around to owning a 159 but I loved the sweet handling and sublime style of the 2.2 JTS and the awesome noise from the 3.2 V6.

Reality bit hard with numerous warranty issues on all my Alfas and I've sworn never to buy anything from the Fiat group ever again, no matter how pretty. This Giulia is long overdue but for me, it's pointless - if you want Italian luxury on a budget, there's Maserati with detuned Ferrari engines and a good diesel. If you want it cheap, there's Fiat. Alfa are neither here nor there.
Old 06-24-15, 08:02 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chromedome
There was a time that I was a hardcore Alfisti with a few of the latest Fiat-Alfas. Loved that Twin Spark sound at 6800 rpm... I never got around to owning a 159 but I loved the sweet handling and sublime style of the 2.2 JTS and the awesome noise from the 3.2 V6.

Reality bit hard with numerous warranty issues on all my Alfas and I've sworn never to buy anything from the Fiat group ever again, no matter how pretty. This Giulia is long overdue but for me, it's pointless - if you want Italian luxury on a budget, there's Maserati with detuned Ferrari engines and a good diesel. If you want it cheap, there's Fiat. Alfa are neither here nor there.
Well, this new Giulia is supposed to be a RWD, and the top trim will use Ferrari derived twin turbo V6 making 500hp. I wouldn't disregard this car just yet.
Old 06-24-15, 11:17 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is bloody brilliant. I LOVE IT