Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NISSAN GT-R x NISMO Nurburgring lap time beats Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-14, 08:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I've yet to see a video where LFA won ) Just this past weekend saw this
Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren MP4-12C - Head 2 Head Episode 8 - YouTube
holy crap that was amazing...

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
LFA is not about straight line speed. It evokes passion and emotional where all others fall short.
i looooove the LFA but ya can't say *all* others fall short. having said that though, i remember when i spent some good time with the LFA up close (and did the scott pruett shotgun ride ) there also happened to be a nicely modded GT-R in the parking lot. the GT-R looked like a corolla compared to the LF-A.

many would say though that the cars in that video (aventador, mclaren, veyron) evoke a lot more passion and emotion.

again though, i LOVE the LFA and it's a great piece of engineering...

it's in a higher league but reminds me of the original nsx in that it wasn't the fastest, but it's VERY unique and special
Old 09-17-14, 09:16 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

i looooove the LFA but ya can't say *all* others fall short. having said that though, i remember when i spent some good time with the LFA up close (and did the scott pruett shotgun ride ) there also happened to be a nicely modded GT-R in the parking lot. the GT-R looked like a corolla compared to the LF-A.

many would say though that the cars in that video (aventador, mclaren, veyron) evoke a lot more passion and emotion.

it's in a higher league but reminds me of the original nsx in that it wasn't the fastest, but it's VERY unique and special
I didn't mean to knock the others (too hard ) just as a generality and for the sake of the GT-R vs LFA argument. I mean a Ferrari is a Prancing Horse and Lamborghini a Raging Bull, after all they are bred with special pedigree.

Such passion.

Excellently worded
Old 09-17-14, 11:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

did i hear nsx? i approve this message
Old 07-22-16, 02:00 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dsadsauser
Yeah, it beat the LFA 7:14 and Viper 7:12, both of which stated "OEM" on the tires. The Nismo, however, doesn't state OEM. Are those Dunlops not OEM? If that's the case, the Lex and Dodge (pretty much identical times) are tops in my book.
I've read on Akira Ida's blog he believed the optimal time for that Ring Edition LFA is a 7.12 if he ran his personal best lap running the Bridgestone RE070 tyre which we all know is an out of date tyre and which there are a lot better on the market.

Speculation is rife what the Ring Edition LFA could do on top of the line rubber but it would'nt surprise me if it was in the Nizmo GTR's time if not better.

Its is also well speculated what the Ring Edition car could do if they kept developing it and through the 5.3 litre V-10 in it they ran in the code X race cars.I think then we'd have seen significant time improvement also.But alas unlike Nissan Lexus pulled the plug long ago in developing the LFA unfortunately.
Old 07-22-16, 02:16 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know a bunch of people that bought a GTR and sold it within six month. Its cheap but you get what you pay for.
Old 07-26-16, 06:30 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't care how fast the GTR is in a straight line or on a track, if you're in the market for an LFA (something so supremely special and unique), you're not cross-shopping it with a GTR.

The GTR interior alone removes it from consideration at any price point above $75,000 for me.

The LFA is next-level when it comes to the overall driving experience....

That's like a car enthusiast stating that they'd rather have a modded WRX than a 911 because it's "faster". No one does this. If you can get a 911, you get a 911. LOL

Last edited by KevinGS; 07-26-16 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-27-16, 06:53 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Isn't the LFA, STILL Jeremy Clarkson's favorite supercar?

I wonder why.
Old 07-27-16, 09:31 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
I don't care how fast the GTR is in a straight line or on a track, if you're in the market for an LFA (something so supremely special and unique), you're not cross-shopping it with a GTR.

The GTR interior alone removes it from consideration at any price point above $75,000 for me.

The LFA is next-level when it comes to the overall driving experience....

That's like a car enthusiast stating that they'd rather have a modded WRX than a 911 because it's "faster". No one does this. If you can get a 911, you get a 911. LOL
I'd rather have a modded WRX than a 911. Just not a fan of the 911 or Porsche in general(my favorite Porsche is the 928 if that gives you any idea of how skewed my views are on their cars lol).

As for the LFA vs GT-R, no doubt if you have the $$$$$ you buy the LFA. Its a very special driving experience, with a one off engine and chassis that looks/sounds/feels like nothing else on the road. The GT-R is mass produced and a car driven by computer alogthrims controlling its AWD system. Its a neat peace of technology in its own right, but its not nearly as engaging to drive, is rather large, heavy, and IMO ugly.
Old 07-28-16, 05:51 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I'd rather have a modded WRX than a 911. Just not a fan of the 911 or Porsche in general(my favorite Porsche is the 928 if that gives you any idea of how skewed my views are on their cars lol).
There's always gotta be One... LOL

You, Aron, are in the minority here.