Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Service?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-14, 08:56 PM
Wiley9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Service?

Hey all,
After several years of only visiting the Lexus dealer for my routine maintenance and service, I'm a little spoiled to say the least. I used to have a BMW and while the cars were really great to drive, after getting less than adequate service (not to mention the nasty attitude) from two different dealerships, it was enough to convince me to never get another one. Now, the wife is considering a Porsche. How is Porsche as far as their service goes? Is it anything comparable to Lexus?
Thanks!
Old 09-07-14, 10:31 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I have 2 good friends with Porsches and they love the service,BUT you have to be ready to pay. They are polite but from what I have heard is dont go in there expecting discounts and coupons. . I have owned 3 Lexus vehicles and if I were to leave the brand I am pretty sure it would be to go to Porsche. Between the excellent reliability , and the cars being almost over engineered, it seems like a great way to safely jump to a German brand.lol
Old 09-07-14, 12:54 PM
dknn
Rookie

I receive great service from the Porsche dealer. I always get a Porsche loaner and they host great events/parties for customers. The only service I've paid for is the 5k which was 240 for an oil change. The other times were for warranty items.
Old 09-07-14, 01:37 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dknn
I receive great service from the Porsche dealer. I always get a Porsche loaner and they host great events/parties for customers. The only service I've paid for is the 5k which was 240 for an oil change. The other times were for warranty items.
Must be Hennessy Porsche you're talking about. If so, I concur. In my experience, Porsche service is just as good if not better than Lexus service.
Old 09-07-14, 07:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Porsche shops, on the average, are probably OK for any free or warranty-covered service/repairs, but, if not, in most cases, you will DEFINITELY open your wallets. The brand, like Mercedes, is notorious for expensive service.

Old 09-10-14, 06:04 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Wiley9
Hey all,
After several years of only visiting the Lexus dealer for my routine maintenance and service, I'm a little spoiled to say the least. I used to have a BMW and while the cars were really great to drive, after getting less than adequate service (not to mention the nasty attitude) from two different dealerships, it was enough to convince me to never get another one. Now, the wife is considering a Porsche. How is Porsche as far as their service goes? Is it anything comparable to Lexus?
Thanks!
I would say you should expect better service than what you are use to at your Lexus dealer. Many Porshe owners are passionate entusiasists & expect the same from Porsche reps. About 12 years ago Porsche was weeding out under performing dealers & has reduced the number in the US by over 25. I find many service costs for parts & labor similar between Porsche & Lexus, which is ridiculos considering the Toyota origin.
Old 09-10-14, 07:13 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Porsche shops, on the average, are probably OK for any free or warranty-covered service/repairs, but, if not, in most cases, you will DEFINITELY open your wallets. The brand, like Mercedes, is notorious for expensive service.

On my Mercedes, I ask the service adviser to break apart each line item of a service and I make my call on whether I am going to pay for it or not. When I do that, they refuse to reset the Service indicator, but since when did that stop us ingenious fellows?
Old 09-10-14, 08:49 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Service has been good in my experience and certainly not any worse than Lexus dealers.