Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Shameless Youtube Self-promotion

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-14, 04:13 PM
cagedvlogs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Shameless Youtube Self-promotion

Hey i just started a youtube channel where ill be doing motovlogs/car edits. I actually just released my first one which is sort of a "short film/car edit". I was hoping i could build up a base of viewers from this website who would be more apt to enjoy my channel for obvious reasons. Also for the sake of not completely wasting a thread slot...
Do you tend to use your vehicles built in Nav-system or smart phone?? Although inputing my desired location into both systems takes the same amount of effort i find myself using my phone 99% of the time.
Old 09-06-14, 05:04 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Sorry, confusing video in the beginning and what is up with pulling into the gas station? Poor quality video and jittery also... Don't mind me, keep it up.
Old 09-06-14, 05:16 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

To answer your question about the navigation vs smartphone, I almost always use the in car nav. I don't find it very difficult to input nav instructions, I don't have enough data to have the iPhone map apps running, which also uses a lot of battery power. Also, no place to put the phone, I don't want an ugly dash holder.
Old 09-06-14, 05:30 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^RXSF, if you use a windows phone, it sends the voice directions over the cars bluetooth. No extra setup needed. Which means I always use my phones navigation system. in addition, the maps are preloaded on the windows phone so it does not even use data while navigating. Cool, eh?
In fact, I even turned off the data plan on the phone one day to check, and it worked like a charm.
Old 09-06-14, 08:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome to CL as a first-time poster, cagevlogs.

Originally Posted by tecman
Sorry, confusing video in the beginning and what is up with pulling into the gas station? Poor quality video and jittery also... Don't mind me, keep it up.
Actually not bad for a first attempt, considering that most of the video was shot at night. I've seen lots worse.
Old 09-06-14, 09:00 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
^RXSF, if you use a windows phone, it sends the voice directions over the cars bluetooth. No extra setup needed. Which means I always use my phones navigation system. in addition, the maps are preloaded on the windows phone so it does not even use data while navigating. Cool, eh?
In fact, I even turned off the data plan on the phone one day to check, and it worked like a charm.
No need to try to convert me, Im already set on preordering the new iPhone 6
Old 09-06-14, 09:12 PM
cagedvlogs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Welcome to CL as a first-time poster, cagevlogs.

Actually not bad for a first attempt, considering that most of the video was shot at night. I've seen lots worse.
Thanks marshall i really appreciate it .

And i agree it was really shaky as i used my phone for the whole thing. I actually taped it to a baseball cap for the pov footage lol. I learned a lot while making it though so hopefully future edits will be better. I'll also try to stray away from using a lot of nighttime footage until i acquire better equipment.
Old 09-07-14, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by cagedvlogs
Thanks marshall i really appreciate it .

And i agree it was really shaky as i used my phone for the whole thing. I actually taped it to a baseball cap for the pov footage lol. I learned a lot while making it though so hopefully future edits will be better. I'll also try to stray away from using a lot of nighttime footage until i acquire better equipment.

Also remember that, (depending on your account and its conditions), video-taking with a cell-phone can use up a lot of the capacity you're paying for each month.
Old 09-08-14, 09:13 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
No need to try to convert me, Im already set on preordering the new iPhone 6
I am ordering that too. But credit is due where it is. The iphone/android solution fails at this one simple and elegant solution.
Old 09-08-14, 02:21 PM
cagedvlogs
Driver School Candidate

Did a quick 0-60 if anyone is interested in seeing how much the convertible gear weighs down the 250 haha