Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2015 Cadillac Escalade

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-14, 10:05 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
Past two escalades? Really? The past escalade was great, but the one before that was disgusting.
echoes my sentiments
Old 08-31-14, 10:41 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Exterior looks awesome...

I am not sure why do they use ATS center stack? They should do something different for the vehicle thats $45k more expensive.

Otherwise, this is good design and very coherent unlike past Escalades where sometimes parts of it didnt look like they fit.
Old 08-31-14, 04:09 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by spwolf

I am not sure why do they use ATS center stack? They should do something different for the vehicle thats $45k more expensive.

Otherwise, this is good design and very coherent unlike past Escalades where sometimes parts of it didnt look like they fit.
Agree on all your points
Old 08-31-14, 04:54 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf

This is very true but I can't really think of any Audi or BMW that has different interiors per model. I think that it's strange but really just how it is. One interior fits all? Lol
Old 08-31-14, 04:56 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by sick21
This is very true but I can't really think of any Audi or BMW that has different interiors per model. I think that it's strange but really just how it is. One interior fits all? Lol
One sausage different lengths mentality for exterior works for interior too. NX for Lexus bucks the trend of Horizontal Layers found on the IS, ES, GS, LS, RX, LFA and somewhat CT
Old 09-02-14, 05:04 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the new Escalade. I've seen so many in NYC and they just demand your attention. It definitely has presence. I thought the previous model had it, but this one takes the cake. I haven't sat in one yet, thinking I may request one next time I need black car service. From the looks of the pictures, the interior seems like a big improvement over the previous model, too. The main problem with the Escalade has been that it was difficult to distinguish between it and it's lesser cousins, but Caddy has definitely been distancing itself with each generation, and this one is the best yet.
Old 09-02-14, 10:46 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Don't tell anybody, but Mercedes has a column shift in the GL, M SUV, E and S class sedans. And IMO its way more fiddly to operate than the ones in GM's trucks/SUV's, which have had the same mechanism/layout for the gears since the 1960's. If it isn't broke, don't fix it IMO. Keeping the shifter out of the console frees up more space for cupholders and cubbie holes to put your junk.
Let's be specific, though, that the MB shifter doesn't look like The Club strewn across the steering wheel. It's electronically actuated, not a manual column shifter like this thing.
Old 09-02-14, 11:17 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
One sausage different lengths mentality for exterior works for interior too. NX for Lexus bucks the trend of Horizontal Layers found on the IS, ES, GS, LS, RX, LFA and somewhat CT
yes, but horizontal layer in ES does not look the same as the one in LS... LS looks much better and is much more luxurious.

While Escalade looks like they lifted the center stack off ATS - they are using same design, materials and finish.
Old 09-02-14, 11:24 AM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Infra
Let's be specific, though, that the MB shifter doesn't look like The Club strewn across the steering wheel. It's electronically actuated, not a manual column shifter like this thing.
good word of the day
Old 09-02-14, 11:54 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

A step in the right direction for Caddy. Cue system still needs a lot of improvement though.
Old 09-02-14, 02:06 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't really see anything wrong with the interior or the gear shift. I think it's all fitting and normal. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I wouldn't ever have to worry about the shifter though, these damn things give me sticker shock!!! And I don't want to pick one up used with a **** ton of miles on it. No thanks. I'm more interested in the $70k LTZ Suburban, but even then I'm not even sure if a sell price in the $60ks would even be worth it. It's just too much for GMs IMO. I still just see a lot of GMs interiors with crappy plastic all over, albeit they dressed up ok but still. Not worth $80k or $60. Yikes and I have had several Tahoes and Subs since '07, they were expensive then but still affordable. Now the price is just scary. I guess they can get away with it though being that there's nearly no competition.